Texas Residents - are liquor stores going to be open January 2nd?

beer

Lifer
Jun 27, 2000
I know there are laws that concern the closing of liquor stores on Christmas Day and New Years Day. I also know there are other laws that say that the stores are to be closed on december 26th and January 2nd under certain conditions. Anyone know why these are and if this year is one of those years?

HappyPuppy

Lifer
Apr 5, 2001
The liquor stores are only closed on alternating leap years. George should be able to tell you if liquor will be available on the dates you are interested in. :D

Ronstang

Lifer
Jul 8, 2000
Where did you get this crap form? I have lived in Texas for 25 years and some of this BS is new to me, but then again I haven't bought liquor in over 10 years.

beer

Lifer
Jun 27, 2000
Originally posted by: Ronstang
Where did you get this crap form? I have lived in Texas for 25 years and some of this BS is new to me, but then again I haven't bought liquor in over 10 years.

I had formal TABC training for being a server. I distinctly remember that the laws said they were closed on Christmas and New Years, but there were other clauses that closed it the day after on certain conditions. I don't know where to find those

The TABC code is 400+ pages long.