Texas May Start Hoarding Gold…Secession Next?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Yep, running a company is just sooooo easy....

Yes...your right.
Don't worry buddy, if the elites all start leaving, there will be hoards of foreign investors who will step in and handle the burden for you
:whiste:

Last edited:

bradley

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2000
Forget Texas, some Americans need to pack for Cyprus before they'll ever truly learn. Nah, history won't repeat itself, the last twelve years are fresh and new.

Oct 30, 2004
Texans talk about peaceful secession and some even put forth a petition at the President's petition site.

I wonder, how about a petition to violently expel Texas from the Union? It would also include deporting all Tea Party 'Tards and Christian Taliban to Texas (where they'd probably want to go of their own accord, anyway). Then we could expel Texas from the Union and be done with it.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
I think it's adorable how you think you should get the same pay for sweeping the floor as the guy who invented the iphone.

Based on your posting history and even just posts in this thread.
I would let you run a till that had a bar scanner. I'd like you to stick to only saying four words to customers. Thank you, come again
I'd pay you whatever your state has for a min wage, unless I figured it was a shitty figure, I might up it some
Oh and a nice health package, I like people to be able to get the help they need

TerryMathews

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Texans talk about peaceful secession and some even put forth a petition at the President's petition site.

I wonder, how about a petition to violently expel Texas from the Union? It would also include deporting all Tea Party 'Tards and Christian Taliban to Texas (where they'd probably want to go of their own accord, anyway). Then we could expel Texas from the Union and be done with it.

Is it any wonder why normal people view liberals as extremists?

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Based on your posting history and even just posts in this thread.
I would let you run a till that had a bar scanner. I'd like you to stick to only saying four words to customers. Thank you, come again
I'd pay you whatever your state has for a min wage, unless I figured it was a shitty figure, I might up it some
Oh and a nice health package, I like people to be able to get the help they need

See, I have skills. I also have skills I can fall back on when my business slows to a crawl during the summer if need be. Before you go judging what others are qualified for by posting history maybe you should learn proper grammar.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
See, I have skills. I also have skills I can fall back on when my business slows to a crawl during the summer if need be. Before you go judging what others are qualified for by posting history maybe you should learn proper grammar.

lol
You haven't even done the job I gave you for a full day, and you think your skilled enough to move up to a secretary job.
Clearly more lessons are needed, I've decided to replace the till with a vending machine.
If you go there each day and clean the window on it for me.
I will give you a code, good for a couple treats.
That's all I am willing to do for now, give it a try for a week and we'll talk again

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
What happened to your smiley face avater?

I hope texas secedes, I will move there in roughly 1/100000ths of a second and never look back.

I would imagine they will have a pretty strict immigration policy.
You will have to toss your application in with the rest and hope for the best.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Last edited:

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
As if Texans aren't getting screwed bad enough by Repub governance- we get a new sucker play, putting taxpayer money into overpriced shiny metal.

It'll never be cheaper, right? That's because there will always be a greater fool to provide profit, huh? Like Real Estate! Yeh, that's it!

If gold is so great, why do the owners want to sell it to the rest of us?

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
I am still trying to figure out how they would secede when almost half voted democratic in the last election.

Take half of the state as long as all the rednecks move to it.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I am still trying to figure out how they would secede when almost half voted democratic in the last election.

Take half of the state as long as all the rednecks move to it.

If they're going to secede, they'll need to do it soon, because demographics are against them.

Maybe they'd elect Jim Crow Presidente for Life... maybe that's the whole point. It's not like they try to assert States' Rights to legalize marijuana... more like they'd legalize lynching, just like in the Good old Days...

The Reconstructionists & the Dominionists could make the place into the Jesusland version of NKorea, with a Texas twang, of course...

OverVolt

Lifer
Aug 31, 2002
I love the sensationalism.

Texas won't really secede, however, they might use it as leverage if SHTF.

There are two groups basically "Everything is fine you are crazy" vs "Holy crap the world economy is screwed."

I try to be a happy medium between the two. What people need is perspective. Egypt in the bible (not really religious, just a story you all I hope already know) had grain storage incase of famine. Thousands of years ago.

Today with "just in time" inventory we have 2-3 days of food in reserve, unless you have your own. Makes sense to be suspicious of that. There are several flaws with the modern way of doing things that people take for-granted. Some understand that, and some don't.

People take for-granted the fact that a state really could secede, is it likely? No not really, but is Texas hoarding gold anything of significance? They truly could be positioning themselves for if things go bad. If Texas has gold and the other states don't, and things go bad, guess who has more sovereignty? Just saying.

Last edited:

unokitty

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2012
Obama agrees to return Texas to Mexico

"President Obama today surprised many in his own party by agreeing to a demand by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel to return Texas to Mexico.

"I expect Bibi to return my gesture of good faith and return all territories that his country took over after the 1967 war," the president said. "Now that he sees America is willing to give up territories gained by violence, I'm confident the prime minister will give up the Gaza Strip and the West Bank and other ground that his country grabbed in the Arab-Israeli War."

Netanyahu seemed pleased when told that Obama had signed an executive order that decreed the Republic of Texas to be territory under the control of Estados Unidos Mexicanos, the official name of Mexico.

"We gladly accept the return of our lost property," said Mexico's ambassador to the U.S., Juan Las Alande. "Texas was stolen from us in 1835 after undocumented white immigrants kidnapped our country's president and forced him to sign over the territory. Our first order of business will be to require all non-Hispanic Texans to move out of Mexico."

Las Alande said he hopes that by the end of 2011 Obama will abide by a promise to turn over other territories lost by Mexico, including California, Arizona, Utah, Nevada and New Mexico."

Everyone knows that you Gringos stole Tejas from Mexico. Fact is for 15 years, Tejas was part of Mexico. That is, it was part until you Gringos stole it...

Gringos stole Tejas. The right thing is to give it back.

You say you don't want it. But you won't give it back. Why keep stolen property?

Why won't you Gringos do the right thing?

Uno
--A Texan that doesn't care if his federal taxes go to the crooks in DC or the crooks in Mexico City.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
lol
You haven't even done the job I gave you for a full day, and you think your skilled enough to move up to a secretary job.
Clearly more lessons are needed, I've decided to replace the till with a vending machine.
If you go there each day and clean the window on it for me.
I will give you a code, good for a couple treats.
That's all I am willing to do for now, give it a try for a week and we'll talk again

That's funny, I own the company you work for.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
this should and needs to happen. It will initiate a cascade of states leaving the federal jack boot parasite. Texas / Wyoming / Hawaii / Alaska and many others would be better off returning to territory status.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
That's funny, I own the company you work for.

I had some suspicions from the beginning
There were several signs
I wasn't qualified to make the decisions myself
Now, I am quite certain, and for your own good, I'm going to let Mental Health have a look at you
I hope you the best and get well soon

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
I had some suspicions from the beginning
There were several signs
I wasn't qualified to make the decisions myself
Now, I am quite certain, and for your own good, I'm going to let Mental Health have a look at you
I hope you the best and get well soon

I got something they can look at.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
even if Texas did secede they would be absurdly foolish to make a monetary system backed by any metals. They will create a fiat currency just like everyone else.