Texas judge deems Obamacare HIV prevention drug mandate unlawful

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Yet another glaring reason we have to vote all Democrat this fall and stop the scourge of religious theocrasy. Once again using religion to deny people medical care.

Next there be attacks on...

IVF
contraception
Plan B

Ruling in Fort Worth, Texas, U.S. District Judge Reed O'Connor found that the HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis, or PrEP, mandate stemmed from a recommendation by an advisory body formed in violation of constitutional requirements and could infringe upon the rights of employers under a law called the Religious Freedom Restoration Act. The mandate is part of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), as Obamacare is formally called.

Religious freedom, my ass! Know what is religious freedom? You get to practice yours, I get to practice mine and neither interferes with the other.

Texas judge deems Obamacare HIV prevention drug mandate unlawful (yahoo.com)

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Once I saw it was in a Texas court, that explained how such bullshit reasoning was used to deny people medical care that they are entitled to under the law.

The conservative America First Legal Foundation is helping to represent the plaintiffs. The group was founded by Stephen Miller, who served as an adviser to Republican former President Donald Trump.

I just threw up a little...

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
This is the same judge that has issued previous insane ACA rulings. He’s basically the go-to guy if you want a ruling against the ACA.

This is of course a larger problem which is that conservatives now judge shop for this guy to issue a crazy ruling they can then run up through the courts in hope of winning the lottery.

The lottery of course being their preferred public policy instead of what elected officials enacted.

JWade

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
www.heatware.com
Religious freedom, my ass! Know what is religious freedom? You get to practice yours, I get to practice mine and neither interferes with the other.
you also have the freedom to not work for an employer who uses "religious freedom"' as an excuse to not provide certain healthcare options. If you dont work for a company that claims that, it doesnt interfere with you. Fascists want the government to control everything and mandate everything that the population can and cannot do, can and cannot have. I really dont understand why when something is ruled against a government mandate people get upset. It is one less mandate the government is putting on people. Before anyone says i am a Trumpster, i voted 3rd party last election. I can see the right as well as the left for who they are. Read through all the posts here, do you know who mentions Trump more than anyone? The left. They give him the attention he wants. Both the Dems and Reps are equally blind to their party, both of them will vote for their party no matter what, both follow blindly. This is a perfect example. One less government mandate, one less the government telling people what they have to do, and it is hailed as wrong, it's denying people medical care. People should know well ahead of time if their employer is "religious" or not. People have a cose who to work for, especially in today's job market. The left wants more government control of everything, government mandates of everything. Yeah, that is soo good.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
you also have the freedom to not work for an employer who uses "religious freedom"' as an excuse to not provide certain healthcare options. If you dont work for a company that claims that, it doesnt interfere with you. Fascists want the government to control everything and mandate everything that the population can and cannot do, can and cannot have. I really dont understand why when something is ruled against a government mandate people get upset. It is one less mandate the government is putting on people. Before anyone says i am a Trumpster, i voted 3rd party last election. I can see the right as well as the left for who they are. Read through all the posts here, do you know who mentions Trump more than anyone? The left. They give him the attention he wants. Both the Dems and Reps are equally blind to their party, both of them will vote for their party no matter what, both follow blindly. This is a perfect example. One less government mandate, one less the government telling people what they have to do, and it is hailed as wrong, it's denying people medical care. People should know well ahead of time if their employer is "religious" or not. People have a cose who to work for, especially in today's job market. The left wants more government control of everything, government mandates of everything. Yeah, that is soo good.
What is this

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

If you just wanted to create a post that says, “hi I’m an idiot”, you don’t need to write a big long rant.

Here is what you ignorant “both sides” idiots don’t get; the government’s primary duty is to provide for the general welfare of the people. Having minimum standards that help ensure that that happens isn’t fascism no matter how much your feels feel strongly about it. It is the country’s best interest to ensure our citizens are healthy and educated and if that means businesses are required to meet minimum requirements then so be it because nothing in the constitution says anything about businesses or protecting their “freedoms”.

But we get it, you are a profits before people kind of guy, fuck the constitution if it gets in the way.

MrPickins

Diamond Member
May 24, 2003
ramblings. both sides complain about the same thing. both vote blindly. far left wants the government to control and decide what is best for everyone. that is not freedom. Far right is just as bad too.

So literal bothsidesism. :neutral:

Reactions: hal2kilo

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
ramblings. both sides complain about the same thing. both vote blindly. far left wants the government to control and decide what is best for everyone. that is not freedom. Far right is just as bad too.
If you say both sides then you are enabling the worst actors. You’re part of their plan.

Reactions: hal2kilo

JWade

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
www.heatware.com
But we get it, you are a profits before people kind of guy, fuck the constitution if it gets in the way.
no i am not. i just am against total government control is all. where in the constitution does it say that a business has to provide certain medical coverage? I know it must and i just cant read because i am an idiot. People can still get their own insurance if they dont like their employer programs. Every one is ok with telling businesses, and people, what they can and cant do, what they have to do and what they wont do. No, i am not talking about repealling all laws. that is plain stupid.

no i am not misinformed, i research, read actually laws, look into things, from multiple sources, from multiple sides, as i am neither Dem or Rep. All these comments made towards me, truly show the problem, lets call names, lets attack personally anyone who disagrees with what is being put out. Change the subject and you all sound like the MAGA crowd, only a different subject is all. Attack all those who have a different opinion, this is wy i say the left and right are the same. Both sides treat people who disagree the exact same, cant have any type of discussion with fanatics/extremists

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

Are you trying to say conservatives really believe in religious freedom?

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
no i am not. i just am against total government control is all. where in the constitution does it say that a business has to provide certain medical coverage? I know it must and i just cant read because i am an idiot. People can still get their own insurance if they dont like their employer programs. Every one is ok with telling businesses, and people, what they can and cant do, what they have to do and what they wont do. No, i am not talking about repealling all laws. that is plain stupid.

no i am not misinformed, i research, read actually laws, look into things, from multiple sources, from multiple sides, as i am neither Dem or Rep. All these comments made towards me, truly show the problem, lets call names, lets attack personally anyone who disagrees with what is being put out. Change the subject and you all sound like the MAGA crowd, only a different subject is all. Attack all those who have a different opinion, this is wy i say the left and right are the same. Both sides treat people who disagree the exact same, cant have any type of discussion with fanatics/extremists

lol always the snowflake. Your post only proves my point. You countered with nothing of substance like I knew you would because you are indeed not informed.

What else do you apply your retarded logic to? Clean water? Do you take the stance that government shouldn’t provide clean water and that businesses should be free to do what they want with their water? Fuck the environment? After all people can find their own water, right?

Let me guess, you support a business’s right to use child labor right? After all, children have the right to be explored if they want, right? Freedom! Am I right?

I’m sure you also support a business’s right to discriminate against people, whether as employees or as customers, right? After all they can find jobs and shop somewhere else! What could go wrong? It’s not like businesses will start to discriminate against certain people and government will allow because those that are discriminated against can create their own businesses and discriminate against the other groups right? You know, they would be separate but equal. You cool with that too, right?

I think an idiot was an understatement.

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001

The Constitution grants Congress the sole authority to enact legislation. Guess what that means? Answer: They can enact legislation that requires businesses to provide certain medical coverage, which is what they have done.

So yes, you are an idiot, and lack reading and comprehension skills.

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
You seem to be one of those in the group of people that are voting third party and this group you are in is growing election by election. I want to sarcastically thank your group for causing Hillary to loose Wisconsin 2016.
Statewide results
2016 United States presidential election in Wisconsin
PartyCandidateRunning mateVotesPercentageElectoral votes
RepublicanDonald TrumpMike Pence1,405,28447.22%10
DemocraticHillary ClintonTim Kaine1,382,53646.45%0
LibertarianGary JohnsonWilliam Weld106,6743.58%0
GreenJill SteinAjamu Baraka31,0721.04%0
ConstitutionDarrell CastleScott Bradley12,1620.41%0
Independent (write-in votes)Evan McMullinNathan Johnson11,8550.40%0
Workers WorldMonica MooreheadLamont Lilly1,7700.06%0
IndependentRocky De La FuenteMichael Steinberg1,5020.05%0
Others / Write-In Votes--23,2950.78%0
Totals2,976,150100.00%10
Don't want to deal with fixing this copy paste of a table from Wikipedia, but it still delivers the point.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
They don’t know what they are trying to say because they aren’t informed enough and it’s pretty clear they don’t wish to be.
Hehe.

There are problems with under and over regulation. My moral code says I must not be a bad person. Therefore I blame regulation and all it's extremes from zero on up to be evil. I am too pure to get my hands dirty voting for the lesser evil. I vote third party and waste my vote because I am riddled with unconscious moral guilt. Fuck it if the greater evil wins. Anything is better than facing my real inner condition.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
That is such a overly simplistic misinformed gaslit take on the subject.
That makes it a jwade post. Its always pretty much the same and he puts his fingers in his ears and ignores evidence but "does his own research".

Last edited: