Texas Firefighter posts on facebook Roof needs to be praised for shooting 9 in SC

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
and gets fired! :thumbsup:

Glad to see at least there's some bosses with common sense.

Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/21/kurtis-cook-dylann-roof_n_7633358.html

A Texas firefighter has lost his volunteer position after reportedly writing on Facebook that alleged Charleston gunman Dylann Roof “needs to be praised for the good deed he has done.”

Kurtis Cook, who had belonged to the Mabank Fire Department, wrote the comments on the Facebook page of a South Carolina newspaper on Thursday, according to local NBC station KETK, which has a screengrab of the offending post.

Cook's post saying Roof "needs to be praised for the good deed" led to an outcry on social media. By Friday morning, the department -- located about an hour southeast of Dallas -- wrote on Facebook that it had launched an investigation. Within an hour, the department wrote a followup post saying Cook had been terminated and banned from all department property.

"The Mabank Fire Department does not condone nor promote these type of actions or thoughts," the post read. "On behalf of all members, the Mabank Fire Department offers our deepest apologies to all that were offended by his actions and comments."

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
That poor ex-firefighter is going to feel persecuted by the intolerance of others! /s

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Bigots are not respecting this man's beliefs. The other races need to stop flaunting it in front of him.

/s

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
I really hope a lot more racists both in public and private positions out themselves by saying racist shit like this good ol' boy did. You can bet that this asshole is going to claim his right to free speech has been violated and that he's the victim.

Maybe he can claim a new medical condition: Racists Tourette's Syndrome!

An aside: I read earlier that the CCofC hate group that Roof got his inspiration from is now saying that while what Roof did was wrong, he was right about black on white crimes.

Talk about a "Yeah, but..."

Holy fuck.

sm625

Diamond Member
May 6, 2011
Anybody could have snuck onto his computer for 10 seconds and posted that. Or god knows who has his password. Facebook is about as secure as a wet paper sack. Due process is a goddam wonderful thing isnt it?

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
Anybody could have snuck onto his computer for 10 seconds and posted that. Or god knows who has his password. Facebook is about as secure as a wet paper sack. Due process is a goddam wonderful thing isnt it?

I suspect that earlier comments he made at work (and/or FB) supported the statement and/or he probably admitted writing the post. It's not exactly common that people harbouring such extreme views express them once in a lifetime while acting in a relatively contrary fashion to those views the rest of the time, is it?

NesuD

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
The stupid is strong in this one Obi-Wan!

One thing about bigots they are all stupid and every one of them eventually lets their stupid get the best of them.

Good Job Chief for Kickin that dog outta the station house.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Or Texas could secede without issue.

But there's that nagging little liberal problem with Austin, the capital of that state. I guess Austin can secede from Texas as Texas secedes from the union.

Turn about is fair play wouldn't you say? ;)

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
But there's that nagging little liberal problem with Austin, the capital of that state. I guess Austin can secede from Texas as Texas secedes from the union.

Turn about is fair play wouldn't you say? ;)

My comment was made based on posters that supported getting rid of Texas. But you knew that..........right?????

inachu

Platinum Member
Aug 22, 2014
THe firefighter is an idiot. Maybe he used the logic from that old song:
Cruel to be kind in the right measure.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
th

Jimzz

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2012
The stupid is strong in this one Obi-Wan!

One thing about bigots they are all stupid and every one of them eventually lets their stupid get the best of them.

Good Job Chief for Kickin that dog outta the station house.

Yea in NC many of them flew flags so it was easy to tell them apart. ;)

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
My comment was made based on posters that supported getting rid of Texas. But you knew that..........right?????

Of course. Just try'in to invoke a little humor via a friendly nudge to the rib cage as it were. If we were sitting at a bar discussing this topic I'd treat you to any drink the house had to offer the moment I understood you took offense to my reply. :)

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
Of course. Just try'in to invoke a little humor via a friendly nudge to the rib cage as it were. If we were sitting at a bar discussing this topic I'd treat you to any drink the house had to offer the moment I understood you took offense to my reply. :)

Ohhhh the ole beer diplomacy trick.....;) :D

Though I'm good with beer as long as it's served at 33-34 F.

I would not support secession as it would serve no good purpose even though I have no doubt Texas could stand on it's own.