News Texas AG has been sued by a hospital in Seattle after he requested records of alleged patients, and a sworn oath of truthfulness.

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
The thing everyone was fearing about is really happening now, the AG of Texas asked a hospital in Seattle to submit to him two things. First, all patient records of children from Texas he alleges the hospital has given sex change hormones therapy to. The second, a sworn written oath statement that what ever records provided are truthful. The hospital ended up giving the AG something. They gave him a law suit where he is now being sued by the hospital. The hospital states they will not comply with the Texas AG.

Last edited:

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
I don't understand how he can act as AG while under indictment.
That is easy to explain.
1. He was reelected to this position in 2022 election.
2. It is the state of Texas.
3. He has not been found guilty by the court of law, only an indictment.

Reactions: dank69

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
I don't understand how he can act as AG while under indictment.
With elected officials though, who could fire them? Santos is another very recent example, only at Federal level instead of state, obviously. Their party members might call for their resignation, but they can (and do) ignore it. I get that the AG is the head state justice officer, but they DGAF.

I don't even think convictions would necessarily disqualify someone, outside a narrow set of charges and specific elected seats. I mean, you can qualify to run for many offices from prison.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
With elected officials though, who could fire them? Santos is another very recent example, only at Federal level instead of state, obviously. Their party members might call for their resignation, but they can (and do) ignore it. I get that the AG is the head state justice officer, but they DGAF.

I don't even think convictions would necessarily disqualify someone, outside a narrow set of charges and specific elected seats. I mean, you can qualify to run for many offices from prison.
Usually people under indictment step away til the investigation is over. Especially if you are the AG.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2009
It is but the interstate commerce clause makes what Texas is doing unconstitutional. Texas hopes states just acquiese like the retail drug companies.
Agreed just stating that is different than trying to find what procedures non residents have had.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Didn’t read the link.
I suspect it is about Children whom are Texas residents.
That's what they're claiming, yes, but it's kind of a weird claim because as a rule, that kind of thing doesn't typically happen, and Seattle Children's says as much.
While OAG extended its reach across state lines, the hospital has not, according to the hospital’s Chief Medical Operations Officer Dr. Ruth McDonald and two hospital senior directors.

McDonald, in a sworn affidavit, told the court that the hospital does not have property or accounts, nor employees who provide “gender-affirming care” (or administrative services for that care) in Texas or based in Texas.

“Likewise, SCH [Seattle Children’s Hospital] providers have not provided telemedicine services to Texas residents for ‘gender-affirming care’…or ‘Gender Transitioning or Gender Reassignment Procedures and Treatments,'” said McDonald in her affidavit. “Based on a search of records by our revenue cycle department, there is no record that SCH has provided any ‘gender-affirming care’…or ‘Gender Transitioning or Gender Reassignment Procedures and Treatments’…using public money from the State of Texas or with reimbursement from Texas’s Medicaid or Texas’s child health plan programs.”

The affidavit also claims that the hospital “has not marketed or advertised” transition-related medical care in Texas.

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
That's what they're claiming, yes, but it's kind of a weird claim because as a rule, that kind of thing doesn't typically happen, and Seattle Children's says as much.
So this is not only just a privacy case the hospital can argue about. The hospital could also claim the lawsuit is also a defemation lawsuit as the false claim from Ken Paxton destroyed the hospital's reputation among the minority conservatives who live in Seattle. Ken Paxton's action are now just backfiring onto himself at this point.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
While OAG extended its reach across state lines, the hospital has not, according to the hospital’s Chief Medical Operations Officer Dr. Ruth McDonald and two hospital senior directors.
Very carefully chosen words in that whole reply.
So it sounds like.. while they may provide the procedure, they are adamant that they do not do so... in any possible way that would hold them liable or answerable to the state of Texas.

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
Well it is tiny dick energy. Not since John Wayne Bobbit has there been such a pathetic piece of shit white dude so desperate to track down little dicks.

Was that the man whose now ex-wife chopped his dick of when he was in bed? Or are you reffering to another John Wayne Bobbitt.

Reactions: Pohemi