Texans Boycott Girl Scout Cookies Over Planned Parenthood Ties

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Insane3D
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
Originally posted by: LunarRay
Insane3D,
Eh...WTF do I know...I'm just a loonie lib...only conservatives with flag avatars truly know what's best.

A liberal expects he knows what's best for himself whereas a conservative proclaims to know what's best for others!

Eh? Then why are liberals supportive of Unions? Why are liberals supportive of Universal healthcare? ...lots of places to go with that comment luny;)

CkG

Are all liberals supportive of unions? Are all liberals supportive of universal healthcare? Man, it's never ending with you guys...black or white, liberal or conservative, good or evil. You do realize most people don't fit into the nice little groups you would like them to right?

And all liberals expect they know what's best for themselves and all Conservatives proclaim to know what's best for others?
Man, it's never ending with you guys...black or white, liberal or conservative, good or evil. You do realize most people don't fit into the nice little groups you would like them to right?
;)

CkG

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
That's a great reply Cad, except I never made that comment, LR did. So, you are using the "two wrongs make a right excuse"?

Ehh...why bother. No real discussion on issues ever takes place in this forum anyhow. It's just two groups on either side of the spectrum arguing about how the other side is the cause of all problems. It's the same reason nothing ever gets done in our government either. Everything is all partisan and a "us vs. them" metality... same old same old.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
And all liberals expect they know what's best for themselves and all Conservatives proclaim to know what's best for others?
Well, at least within the context of this particular issue, we can quite easily see what's going on here:
The furor was started a few weeks ago by the leader of the anti-abortion group Pro-Life Waco (conservative group), who sent out e-mails and ran ads on a Christian radio station urging people to boycott Girl Scout cookies (telling people what to do) because of the "cozy relationship" between the Girl Scouts and Planned Parenthood (because they don't like the perceived "immorality" of what's going on).
It would be one thing if some parents simply took their daughters out of girl scouts because they didn't agree with what was being taught. Instead what you have is a crusade by some conservative group telling everyone what they should or shouldn't do.

Of course, by the very nature of you being who you are, I fully expect a vigorous rebuttal. :)

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: LunarRay
Insane3D,
Eh...WTF do I know...I'm just a loonie lib...only conservatives with flag avatars truly know what's best.

A liberal expects he knows what's best for himself whereas a conservative proclaims to know what's best for others!

Eh? Then why are liberals supportive of Unions? Why are liberals supportive of Universal healthcare? ...lots of places to go with that comment luny;)

CkG

Becuse we know what is best for ourselves.. and we expect you all to pay for it.. and we thank you for your kind consideration. :)

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003

Expect..... Proclaim... and 'all'... don't you see it... all people believe they know what is best for themselves and what is best for everyone else too..

I do and don't understand why you don't think I do.. may be wrong but, belief is that way.. in all things.. :)