Terrorist Mastermind Behind Passover Suicide Bombing has been Eliminated.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
A simple yes or no cant be used to answer a question like that. The one responsible is always the one holding the gun.
That is the dumbest thing I've read all day. What a shock to look over and see it was you who wrote it. Get this through your head, the IDF would not have gone into Jenin if not for the fact that terrorists were hiding in there. The terrorists chose to put the civilian population at risk and yet you blame the IDF for having to go in there? Nice world you live in. Must be wonderful to live in an irrelevant country where you know you never have to fear anyone attacking you and stealing your precious rocks.

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Vespasian
This is not really related to this thread, but I don't want to start a separate thread about it: Did anyone here know that there is a Coca Cola factory located in Ramallah? They showed it on CNN a couple of hours ago. I was quite surprised.
I recall reading an article that one particular ingredient that's found in cola drinks is found in abundance in the Middle East...

Pacfanweb

Lifer
Jan 2, 2000
<<A simple yes or no cant be used to answer a question like that. The one responsible is always the one holding the gun. The IDF in when it comes to assaults on Palestine and the Palestinian terrorists when it comes to assaults on Israel. Neither side can be said not to be responsible for their own actions. >>

Ok, Czar, I can agree with that, to a point, but you most certainly can answer my original question with a "yes" or "no".

Would the Israelis have bulldozed homes if not for the suicide bombers? Yes or no. It's very simple.

I say no.

If you're going to apply your logic to the situation, you're going to have to face up to the fact that every single Israeli incursion into Palestinian territory is in direct response to Palestinian violence.

What you seem to say is that no violence is justified, which at least can be viewed as moral high ground, or a noble view, even if not realistic in life.

If YOU consider all violence unjustified, that's fine. But the problem I and most others have with you is that you only point out this "injustice" when it applies to the Israelis, but you say nothing when another suicide bomber strikes.

You can't have it one way. If you're going to take the position that no violent act is ever justified, then you need to start speaking up when either side commits an act of violence, whether it's a suicide bomber or an Israeli tank.

Otherwise, you're nothing but a Palestinian apologist who is afraid to admit it.

Aug 10, 2001
I recall reading an article that one particular ingredient that's found in cola drinks is found in abundance in the Middle East...
Is this ingredient found only in the Middle East?

They also showed the inside of a supermarket/grocery store in Ramallah, and there were American products on every shelf (e.g, Kellogg's and General Mill's cereals).

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Vespasian
Is this ingredient found only in the Middle East?
Not sure...will look it up

Kilban

Banned
May 5, 2002
And the Israeli's always wonder why the Palestinians retaliate.

rolleye.gif

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Kilban
And the Israeli's always wonder why the Palestinians retaliate.

rolleye.gif

I look at the situation through the eyes of Francis Ford Coppola's The Godfather.

Kilban

Banned
May 5, 2002
And I'm starting to wonder if maybe the IDF really should start targeting stupid people.

That would work against you........you wouldn't survive past Christmas!

Format C:

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I'm curious. How long have you suffered from this affliction? Is it congenital or acquired?

Format C:

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Ahhh, I see so dementia and paranoid schizophrenia are two key symptoms of this disorder. Are there any others? At least any that you're aware of.

May 15, 2002
The Palestinians have a just cause! Israel is an illegitimate state that has no right to exist. The Palestinians were forced off their land in the late 1940's and they have not forgotten it. Israel won't allow them to return home. Israel survives today only because of billiions of American dollars in aid. The Palestinians resort to suicide bombings because that is the only weapon at their disposal. I hope that in the future they have better success with arms smuggling, so that they can face their Israeli oppressors on more even terms.:|