"Terrorist base(s) south of border" Paraguay, Latin America - Mexico?

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002

This is the very end of the article....
At this stage the growing danger is that of militant Islam penetrating Mexico, a country with an increasing Muslim community, including Muslim converts. Some of them have ties to the Mexican community and to illegal immigrants' smugglers operating in American states bordering Mexico, especially those with connections in the greater Los Angeles area and other major cities.

Intelligence experts now assume the so-called jihadi spider web is moving north fast from Paraguay. It is just a question of time before terrorists use, and quite possibly already have used, the loosely guarded American-Mexican border. It should come as no surprise when, sometime in the not-too-far future, the U.S. will be attacked in a deadly way. Presently this danger, due to the porous southern border, enables easy penetration of the country described by one official as "the largest Swiss cheese in the world."

Experienced anti-terror experts told G2 Bulletin the Mexican border is the Achilles heel of the Department of Homeland Security.
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=35881

alexruiz

Platinum Member
Sep 21, 2001
Don't post things like this when I am at work..... I almost fell of my chair because of the huge laugh!

The border with us has over 15,000 USA agents, and the budget assigned to the border pratol is quite big. However, it doesn't matter the amount of money/people as the "polleros" will always find newer ways to infiltrate the people. I don't know exactly HOW much is known in the USA about the process of how the people traffic works, and specially about the MINOR (and very important) details of the traffic of persons.

Here is a good reading about the subject, but be warned: It is in Spanish, it uses a lot of "slang" terms (No translation site will do a good job, but you can try), it is published by a leftist newspaper so bashing will be in full swing of both goverments involved, and the details can get pretty explicit sometimes. It is work safe, unless your work forbids "leftist" propaganda. Nevertheless, it is a very ACCURATE reading, and the publisher "La Jornada" is deeply commited to truth, as they won't skip information to please anyone....

A closer look at "polleros"

More articles can be found here, all of them follow the same tonic. If you have never read how we view the immigrants problems, here is a good start.
Several reading about illegal immigrants

Regarding those guys from Paraguay, here is how the traffic of persons from our SouthAmerican brothers is dealt with:
Frontera Sur (South border)

As you can conclude from the articles (if you were lucky enough to understand them) the traffic of people is extremely complex. To get the chance to cross, you need not only to be proefficient in Spanish, you need to be native. The "polleros" won't attempt with a foreigner not spanish speaker unless the money involved is extremely high. And very likely they will report the person to the authorities themselves....

Terrorists camps in my country? The author needs to change the brand of weed.....

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
with the exception of mexico, this is no joke. I reported about this earlier in the year. I talked about the lawless Tri-border region (where Paraguay, Brazil, and Argentina meet) in South America where the terror nexus has been operating for well over a decade now. I also talked about how Hugo Chavez has let some islands off of Venezuela become a hotspot for terror conferences and recruitment. This is very serious. Unfortunately no one will take it seriously until something terrible happens.

alexruiz

Platinum Member
Sep 21, 2001
Originally posted by: Dari
with the exception of mexico, this is no joke. I reported about this earlier in the year. I talked about the lawless Tri-border region (where Paraguay, Brazil, and Argentina meet) in South America where the terror nexus has been operating for well over a decade now. I also talked about how Hugo Chavez has let some islands off of Venezuela become a hotspot for terror conferences and recruitment. This is very serious. Unfortunately no one will take it seriously until something terrible happens.

What is exactly your definition of "terror nexus"? Most of the people involved in guerrillas are fighting for better conditions of life in their own countries.

Unless a huge stash of money would convince them to do differently, it could change. However, let's be logical: If you are a terrorist mastermind, with TONS of money, would you risk training people in a foreign country , and then smuggle that person as illegal? Too much of a risk. A terrorist mastermind will spend the money to get fake passports and IDs for the team, train them in a neutral culture and then introduce them into the USA legally...... All those of you who have travelled internationally can vouch of how the screening works at the US airports compared to other countries.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
I think they already have European passports.... so they may not need to be smuggled into America...

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
First it was the nazis, then the commies, now islam we must fight.. Guess we NEED an enemy to get our minds off the real issues right here at home and keep the military industrial complex at peak levels. (eisenhower warned us about this after wwII) Like highest incarseration rate in the world, homlessness, poverty, healthcare and taking a wreaking ball to the consititution.

Genesys

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2003
Originally posted by: Zebo
First it was the nazis, then the commies, now islam we must fight.. Guess we NEED an enemy to get our minds off the real issues right here at home and keep the military industrial complex at peak levels. (eisenhower warned us about this after wwII) Like highest incarseration rate in the world, homlessness, poverty, healthcare and taking a wreaking ball to the consititution.

the homeless and impovrished need to learn how to help themselves, otherwise we will be giving handouts to them untill the end of time. they are quite capable of going out and improving their station in life, they can go get a job at wal mart or mcdonalds or even join the military. we also do not need to be providing health care for the masses, we dont need a society full of people dependant on the government for any reason whatsoever.

and there will always be some sort of strife that will keep our minds off of the issues here at home. you have to secure the homeland first before you can start to improve it.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: alexruiz
Originally posted by: Dari

What is exactly your definition of "terror nexus"? Most of the people involved in guerrillas are fighting for better conditions of life in their own countries.

Unless a huge stash of money would convince them to do differently, it could change. However, let's be logical: If you are a terrorist mastermind, with TONS of money, would you risk training people in a foreign country , and then smuggle that person as illegal? Too much of a risk. A terrorist mastermind will spend the money to get fake passports and IDs for the team, train them in a neutral culture and then introduce them into the USA legally...... All those of you who have travelled internationally can vouch of how the screening works at the US airports compared to other countries.

most, but not all. The terror nexus I'm talking about are the al qaeda, hezbollah types that want more than what you claim they want.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001

the homeless and impovrished need to learn how to help themselves, otherwise we will be giving handouts to them untill the end of time.
------------------------------------------
Not true. I paid more in taxes two years ago than I got in free money pell grants and GI bills all though college. Thank you uncle sam for caring.:)

they are quite capable of going out and improving their station in life, they can go get a job at wal mart or mcdonalds or even join the military.
------------------------------------
Some are some don't have the skills and need training in the basics like communication and working with others. (ever been to mc donalds?) I see no problem the governemnt setting up some program here.

we also do not need to be providing health care for the masses,
------------------------------------------------
Why not? Congress gets it, .mil get it and they have excellent care w/o middle men... even prisoners get it. As far as need there are millions of uninsured who I guess need it. make them scrub paint off the freeways for it.

we dont need a society full of people dependant on the government for any reason whatsoever.
------------------------------------------
Like the MIC? who refuses to recongnise no one is a threat and refuses to close any military bases to save money dispite cold war being over? Or the almost unemployed weapons labs folks visa vi stark treaties who now insist on mini-nukes? mic .is...to the tune of 600 Billon a year including, NASA, vet benies, and foreign aid. Get real I work there and we spend worse than welfare queens and are sure to spend every quarterly cent so no budget is cut ever. Who do you think is paying for this?

and there will always be some sort of strife that will keep our minds off of the issues here at home.
-------------------------------
Only ones we create. Why were we attacked? Why are we everywhere every other year? For 200 years we sat back as the city on the hill, an example to others for free-enterprise democracy and human rights not so sure anymore with this perpetual militarism. At least many forigners don't think so and we are making lots of enemies.. It's by design though.. cause it grows the MIC even more and governemnt control even more.

you have to secure the homeland first before you can start to improve it
-------------------------------------
We are secure it's only the insucure who think otherwise. We are conditioned to be scared of commis, muslims and other enemy of the week. We can annihilate anyone instantly therfore no one will invade. Its the only insurance we need now lets fix the real problems. As far as 9-11, we still have no investigation into it the really find the failures and fix the problem. Just a reaction which has destroyed two countries with zero answers but for the improvements we need to make on the next weapon systems due to failures in theatre. Sweet mo money.