TerraMaster NAS units, 4-bay for $169, 2-bay for $119 (SS), both with 1GbE-T @ Newegg

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
TerraMaster 4-bay NAS ($169)

TerraMaster NAS 2-bay ($119)

I don't really know that much about these, I haven't ever owned any TerraMaster NAS units (yet). I do own some QNAP (ARM and x64), and Asustor (x64) NAS units, as well as of course the Lenovo IX2-DL units I posted about before.

Maybe someone else wants to be the guinea pig on these? I am tempted to get a 4-bay for kicks, but I don't quite have the spare funds right at this moment. Maybe if it stays on sale for a few days or until Mon., I might be able to get one.

Reactions: SamirD

benjamin.mtzgr

Nov 6, 2011
www.mtzgr.net
I need good deal on HDDs to go in these... My 3TB drive just went kapoot after 6 years (actually the first storage drive that has ever actually DIED on me, without me retiring it before that point).

I'm supposed to look for anything <15$/TB, right?

SamirD

Golden Member
Jun 12, 2019
www.huntsvillecarscene.com
Oh I remember these from a post on homelabsales! If you can tell the logo is a ripoff from coolermaster, and, well, the stock firmware is probably backdoor and malware ridden as these are chinese units similar to all the other ccc from there with malware and backdoors.

Even though the hardware is pretty good to be repurposed to another nas build, it wasn't worth it to me even used because there's a difference between a company trying to build a nice and secure unit and coming shy of the goal versus purposely ripping off logos and others work and being generally shady in your product development.

Last edited:

mp3ster

Sep 4, 2004
Pretty solid unit actually. Ive been using the 4 drive version for a few years, rock solid. I actually just purchased this unit yesterday from Amazon at $149, which will get returned as this is $30 cheaper, building another for my Dad.