Terminator 1 or Terminator 2

AMCRambler

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2001
The CG animation in Terminator 2 blew the stop motion crap of T1 outta the water. Anybody watched T1 lately? The part where the terminator comes outta the fire with all his skin burnt off? Pretty cruddy looking. I guess I've been spoiled. At the time that was probably pretty bad ass special effects.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
Originally posted by: BrokenVisage
Rise of the Machines > *

But 2 > 1 as well.
I liked Terminator 3 quite a bit too. I still like T2 better by a bit, though.

Anyone know if they're making a fourth movie? It would be awesome if done correctly (human vs. SkyNet war, w00t!).

Riverhound777

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2003
While I agree T2 is better, I really do remember when I was little watching T1 and being scared shitless when the terminator was following Sarah with the broken leg scraping along... gives me the creeps still.

Chryso

Diamond Member
Nov 23, 2004
There is more to a movie than just effects. T1 was new and fresh. T2 was just the same thing rehashed with more bells and whistles.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
It's the same comparison as Alien vs. Aliens.

Alien and T1 were true to sci-fi roots and had elements of suspense and horror. Aliens and T2 were just very well done action flicks that fed off the universe the first movie created.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Originally posted by: vi_edit
It's the same comparison as Alien vs. Aliens.

Alien and T1 were true to sci-fi roots and had elements of suspense and horror. Aliens and T2 were just very well done action flicks that fed off the universe the first movie created.

i disagree with that in a way.

alien IMO is pretty boring when i watch it now. T1 however is not boring when I watch it now.

but I do agree that both sequels are better than the original if I were to go back and watch them.

t2 is one of my all time favorite movies so it's definitely more likeable than t1 imo, however i still like t1.

i also like the show on TV now.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: AMCRambler
The CG animation in Terminator 2 blew the stop motion crap of T1 outta the water. Anybody watched T1 lately? The part where the terminator comes outta the fire with all his skin burnt off? Pretty cruddy looking. I guess I've been spoiled. At the time that was probably pretty bad ass special effects.

Duh, T1 came out in 1984. T2 came out in 1991.

Also, the original Terminator movie had a much lower budget.

They are both great movies and I like various things about each of them. I guess if I have to choose I'd go with T2 because they develop the characters and the story so much more.

T3 was horrible though.

oddyager

Diamond Member
May 21, 2005
I can't put one over the other. To me they are both equal. I would rank T2 Extended Version higher though just because of the extra footage. T3 can seriously rot in a cesspool of raw sewage.

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001
I like both of them equally. T1 because it was just a great movie that started it all. T2 because the production was so good, and it even had a good story to go along with it. Didn't like T3 much at all.

mrSHEiK124

Lifer
Mar 6, 2004
I didn't see either till the late nineties, I was like one when T2 came out. I'm gonna have to say T2; the special effects still look incredible, almost 20 years after it came out. I got that extreme WMV HD DVD edition from Best Buy for $4 :D

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
T2 was one of the top ten most groundbreaking films in terms of FX ever. Astonishing work, even more so considering the abacuses they called computers back then.