TELOCITY: DSL Help!

Ender510

Golden Member
Sep 3, 2000
First, I am in Northern CA. I ordered DSL a few weeks ago and received everything.. here is what I plan on hooking up to the line:

SMC Barricade 4 port DSL Router
Linux Server for the Web/Mail/etc. Server
2 Client Machines

For now however,I just want to get my lone win98 machine working. So I installed everything per intructions and also installed the s/w using both USB and ethernet.

Problem is that I can never get the configuration management to ever stop. The status light continues to blink green. The power light stays green. Any help from anyone? Is it because there servers are down? IF I already know what my static IP is suppose to be, is it possible for me to just setup my IP directly instead of doing the DHCP IP route configuration they want you to do?? Thx in advance..

Ender510

Golden Member
Sep 3, 2000
I tried calling 2 separate lines for tech support - but they are both down. They said they are doing some upgrades over the next 2 days or something like that.. so no tech support.

As for networking, that shouldn't even be a question that plays into the equation.. because I only have a win98 machine I am trying to get up and running just to see how much faster it will be.

GhettoFob

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2001
hmm, not sure what's up, probably their servers are down, i went through that step with no problems.

Ender510

Golden Member
Sep 3, 2000
When you went through that step, how long does it take to download info to the gateway itself? IT says it could take up to 5 minutes, but was it more like 20 seconds??

Colt45

Lifer
Apr 18, 2001
hehehe i meant to try the networking and tech suport caegories of the forums :D