Tell me your secrets of the clutch...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Dogmeat

Nov 8, 1999
Go to a empty parking lot and practice going forward 30 feet, then reverse 30 feet. Do this drill 50 times. Then find a parking lot with a slight hill and practice starting up it and rolling back down. The e-brake is the only way to go when your on a hill starting out-- until you get GOOD at starting on hills. Good luck -- BTW everyone should learn to drive a manual vehicle.

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
emergency brake

The funky little handle between the front seats, an alternate way of engaging the rear brakes.

Viper GTS

DABANSHEE

Banned
Dec 8, 1999
Its hard to explain & you won't work it out from someone giving you hints. Really its just practice, practice, practice, till you get it.

jmcoreymv

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Hahaha I just had the greatest laugh in a long time, I revd the engine to 4500 rpm with the clutch in on a flat street, let go of the clutch and VROOOOOOOMMM...scared the sh*t outta my dad.

Sacotool

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2000
You probably left some rubber if you dumped the clutch at 4500rpm:Q That's nearing the redline in my Dodge Ram. If I ever did a neutral drop at that RPM I'd probably drop my driveshaft!