Tell me why trump deserves to be re-elected

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
1. Pro gun aka pro 2nd amendment
2. Pro life aka no aborted children
3. His Christian belief in God

Those are the only three reason anyone would ever need.
You can't claim #2 any longer since a lot of Republicans have called for the elderly to sacrifice their lives to COVID for the economy without any blowback from the party.

#3? Are you smoking crack? After watching Obama for 8 years you would compare Trump's morality to his?

The only thing he has is #1 and he didn't have that until running for office. He was pro gun control his entire life.

Last edited:
Reactions: JEDIYoda

FaaR

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2007
My suspicion is that their reasons are the latter as I doubt even the die hard trump fans could come up with a reason why trump should be re-elected that’s unique to trump and not something any republican would be capable of.
Well, there's the "drain the swamp" deception, which Dumpy has admitted - straight from the jackass's mouth - that he only ran with because his wannabe-Nuremberg rally crowds responded so well to it. He admitted himself there was nothing more to it than that, but the rank and file Trumptards have of course deluded themselves there's a deeper meaning to it.

Just like they believe (like, religiously believe) Dumpy himself somehow isn't part of the swamp even though he used to live in a gilded NYC 5th avenue penthouse apartment, and all the people he ever speaks and fraternizes with outside his self-glorifying bund meetings are millionaire or billionaire oil or coal barons, real estate developers, banksters and shit like that.

Same crazy delusions that led the Trumptarders to somehow believe the biggest cable news network in the U.S. somehow isn't part of mainstream media... lol

"He's an outsider", they say. Yeah, an "outsider" who claimed before the 2016 election to be good for $10 billion. Seems very very outsidery to me... :rolleyes:

Reactions: DarthKyrie

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
1. Pro gun aka pro 2nd amendment
2. Pro life aka no aborted children
3. His Christian belief in God

Those are the only three reason anyone would ever need.

He doesn't believe any of those things, though. It goes back to the OP's question: that is every Republican X that picks those 3 points for the rabble, never follows up on any of it, but knows the very same rabble will believe it if they just vote, anyway.

it seems the rabble is more concerned with belief than results. ...so why is Trump, specifically, better than the same generic Republican bullet point list of failure that you list?

SmCaudata

Oct 8, 2006
My fundamentalist Christian family members claim:

1. That in the Bible, God put "flawed" people in power to help them see the light and test them. They truly believe that Trump is "God's Plan."

2. They also believe that he's done well for the economy. They belive I am lying to them when I indicate that Trump's numbers for the stock market (that's what they call the "economy") follow the trajectory from Obama. Mostly they just want low taxes as they turn the middle finger to those in need. See point above for the hypocrisy in this.

3. They believe that democrats are evil baby killers.

4. Lastly, they are closeted racists and like the fact that he's openly hostile to minorities. All the while they deny that he's racist because it would out them.

5. They hate 'the gays" and other 'amoral' people. They have no problems with the fact that Trump is amoral. See point number 1. They don't actually know or care about Jesus' teachings. They just do what their pastor tells them.

The gun nut people I know are convinced that Dems will take their guns. No logical counter can be made. These people are willing to sacrifice the future of the planet (that they use to hunt on) for this. Additionally, a lot of these people are blue collar folks without pensions or health care. They are literally willing to sacrifice their future and health to keep guns.

Basically, the repubs have done a masterful job cherry picking one-issue voters that are easily manipulated. They've gathered enough of them to form a "base" that has proven to be pretty much impenetrable. They rest of the GOP policies focus on helping the rich. While doing so, they convince yet more stupid people that if you vote for them, they will fix the economy so maybe one day you can be rich too.

Basically, the reason people vote for Trump is the reason they've voted for R since Reagan. This strategy has yet to bear fruit, but hey, at least they aren't commie dems that associate with Russia... oh wait, they no longer care about the Russia thing since Dear Leader says its okay.

DaaQ

Golden Member
Dec 8, 2018
lol, I think you might be spot on with the WWF analogy.

That being said, trumps Supreme Court nominations were chosen from a list provided by the federalist society, a list any republican could have chosen from. So if your (in the genetic sense, not you) reason for voting for trump is to get “the right people” on the Supreme Court, if there was another republicans running for president would you vote for them over trump or is there some other compelling reason that trump deserves to be re-elected?
Don't get me wrong, Trump NEVER deserved to be elected, let alone re-elected.
I heard lots of people say "what we need is a successful businessman to run the country" (OMG LOL)
"we need the country ran like a business" These people always seem to forget there are 500+ other people elected to help run the country, and they "shouldn't" owe any allegiance to the one elected as President. (but that flies over most heads)

Last edited:

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
I can tell you one reason Trump deserves to be re-elected!!
Because if he is not re-elected the people at FOX will be out of work!
Most comedians will be out of work and people like Trevor Noah will have his show cut to once a month!!
Don`t forget all the late night hosts....

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
The evangelicals I know in suburban Pennsylvania are single issue voters on abortion. They started there and from that point worked backwards to rationalize his behavior. While I’m not on facebook myself a good friend of mine is and the stuff she sees from her fellow evangelicals on there is hair raising.

As in the demon sex lady Trump referenced? They decided she was right.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
The evangelicals I know in suburban Pennsylvania are single issue voters on abortion. They started there and from that point worked backwards to rationalize his behavior. While I’m not on facebook myself a good friend of mine is and the stuff she sees from her fellow evangelicals on there is hair raising.

As in the demon sex lady Trump referenced? They decided she was right.
Sadly, I have had the same experiences among the Evangelicals that I know!
The Lizard lady is not a bad person!! Why? Because she is against abortion...lolol

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Sadly, I have had the same experiences among the Evangelicals that I know!
The Lizard lady is not a bad person!! Why? Because she is against abortion...lolol
Funny, when my friend criticized them for believing that they accused her of being a bad Christian and engaging in ‘cancel culture’, which is now apparently any time someone says anyone else is wrong.

And honestly, she’s the best Christian I’ve ever met. Even though I’m an avowed atheist I find her truly inspiring.

Reactions: dawp and Nereus77

SmCaudata

Oct 8, 2006
Funny, when my friend criticized them for believing that they accused her of being a bad Christian and engaging in ‘cancel culture’, which is now apparently any time someone says anyone else is wrong.

And honestly, she’s the best Christian I’ve ever met. Even though I’m an avowed atheist I find her truly inspiring.
So she is a Christain while her asshole friends are "christians." (Small "c" and quotes needed) Big difference. One tries to be like Christ, the other are greedy racists that shield their behaviors behind religion. Im reminded of the Ghandi quote.

Reactions: fskimospy

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
So she is a Christain while her asshole friends are "christians." (Small "c" and quotes needed) Big difference. One tries to be like Christ, the other are greedy racists that shield their behaviors behind religion. Im reminded of the Ghandi quote.
Yup.

Mar 11, 2004
He doesn't believe any of those things, though. It goes back to the OP's question: that is every Republican X that picks those 3 points for the rabble, never follows up on any of it, but knows the very same rabble will believe it if they just vote, anyway.

it seems the rabble is more concerned with belief than results. ...so why is Trump, specifically, better than the same generic Republican bullet point list of failure that you list?

Its literally the basis for the mindset they live their lives by. This isn't a recent development either.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Here is a good and long article about how Trump's previous strategy for winning, may no longer hold.

Trump's act is the same from 2016. However 2 things are causing his downfall

The virus is exposing his incompetence. It hits everyone. It really effects the vulnerable parts of the populous, the poor and the elderly. The virus also attacks the stupid. We know how to mitigate the spread but Trumpers (citizens and politicians) are so stupid they made not wearing masks a political statement and now it is killing THEM. You can't bullshit the virus. Trump manages to bullshit his way through life but this thing is like "fuck y'all". Until you fix the virus the economy will remain screwed. Trump has no interest or the acumen to deal with the virus.

People have suddenly waken up to this countries scourge of racism and that goes directly Trump's brand. It's not selling now.

With Trump it's not about performance it's all about the sale and we ain't buyin'

Reactions: hal2kilo

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Trump's act is the same from 2016. However 2 things are causing his downfall

The virus is exposing his incompetence. It hits everyone. It really effects the vulnerable parts of the populous, the poor and the elderly. The virus also attacks the stupid. We know how to mitigate the spread but Trumpers (citizens and politicians) are so stupid they made not wearing masks a political statement and now it is killing THEM. You can't bullshit the virus. Trump manages to bullshit his way through life but this thing is like "fuck y'all". Until you fix the virus the economy will remain screwed. Trump has no interest or the acumen to deal with the virus.

People have suddenly waken up to this countries scourge of racism and that goes directly Trump's brand. It's not selling now.

With Trump it's not about performance it's all about the sale and we ain't buyin'
I think it is the virus that will truly sink him because you're right that it has completely exposed his incompetence. Trump can't hide why you lost your job, or why your mom is dead. People can see this with their own eyes, and no amount of bullshit can cover it up.

As for the country waking up to its racism well, I've heard that song before. I hope you're right but...