Tell me why trump deserves to be re-elected

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
I’m not looking for either. We already know these people will vote for trump no matter what, what I want to know is, is it trump or simply the fact that he’s a republican and that’s all that matters.

My suspicion is that their reasons are the latter as I doubt even the die hard trump fans could come up with a reason why trump should be re-elected that’s unique to trump and not something any republican would be capable of.

Oh, it's more than just that he's a republican. That may be true for some of his voters, but not all of them. The things we despise about Trump, they actually like about him. For example, his vanity which we see as narcissism, they see as confidence. Another example, his coarse way of speaking which we consider rude and unpresidential, they think makes him seem less like a slick politician. And they love the fact that he ridicules people they don't like, especially democrats and the media.

Trump is more than just republican policies. He is a cult of personality. If that were not the case, he wouldn't have higher approvals among republican voters than any GOP POTUS in recent memory.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
1. Pro gun aka pro 2nd amendment
2. Pro life aka no aborted children
3. His Christian belief in God

Those are the only three reason anyone would ever need.
Fuckin A Lol

While it appears that he is none of those things I do admit he’s Christ like in one way. Both he and Jesus love their flock of sheep. (Well at least the uneducated ones in Trumps case.)

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Because the man whose only time even coming near a church during his presidency happened because he had to have people teargassed out of his way is apparently the ideal of Christendom?!?! Never mind the fact he NEVER was faithful to ANY of his wives. Seriously...this is the man you choose to represent the teachings of Christ?

If God wanted Trump to be President I figure it was to punish us for our sins.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
I don’t think he does and you don’t think he does but about 30-40% of the electorate will vote for him. Are they only voting for him because he isn’t a democrat or are they voting for him because they believe he deserves to be re-elected?

If there was some other republican running for President would they still vote for trump or would they vote for the other republican?

Honestly I don’t anticipate too many answers here and I think we all know why but I did want to hear someone make the case.
It’s tribalism brought to its inevitable conclusion, and the death throes of a political party. New fault lines will form, new coalitions will emerge...rinse, wash, repeat.

Reactions: jman19

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
The Supreme court and all of the lower courts being packed with conservatives for the rest of our generation. Keeping the white male in power as it should be. Keeping Christianity as the dominant faith. Keeping the rich in power and poors where they belong, in their place. Isn't that enough?

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
The Supreme court and all of the lower courts being packed with conservatives for the rest of our generation. Keeping the white male in power as it should be. Keeping Christianity as the dominant faith. Keeping the rich in power and poors where they belong, in their place. Isn't that enough?

Nope, that all would have happened regardless of which republican was president. Credit for all that actually goes to Mitch McConnell.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
The fact that not a single trump supporter is willing to chime in is telling.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Because the plebes still have assets for the taking! I made out like a bandit during the Great Recession in ‘08, and now the Covid Depression will see my portfolio triple!!

/s (I am not a billionaire)

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Well, if your goal is to see the demise of democracy in the USA or the USA's undoing, if you want to see chaos and the end of human decency in the USA, if you want the final stake into the heart of the very concept of truth in the USA, if your idea of a future is permanent disillusionment in America, if you own stock in a mortuary or you have embarked on a career as a mortician, if you want to spend the rest of your life wallowing in nihilism, he's your man, no one is better able to make those things work out, without a doubt.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008

By that logic democracy is sort of in the way is it not?

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Because he will launch the nukes if he doesnt get a second term.
I hope he sends one right at me if it works out like that.

Yeah, I can see it now. Shoot all the unaborted children and the Christian God will cheer him on. It all makes perfect sense now. Bravo!

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
He deserves to be elected if those who think he doesn't will not go to the polls/mail in ballots to make their voices heard.

It's essential that there needs to be enough voters that vote Dem or refuse to vote Repub again to overcome the anti-democratic shenanigans the Repubs with the aid of the Russians have come up with and will come up with in the very near future.

That Trump is now attacking the postal service's ability to deliver mail in a timely manner so as to negatively affect its ability to handle ballots efficiently is a perfect example of what the Repubs will do to "level the playing field" to their unjustifiable advantage.

If only those folks who see this treachery, this cheating for what it is as further motivation to get off their asses and vote it just might turn the tide in the Dems favor.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

Most people aren't stupid or hypocritical enough to believe that Trump is actually a Christian.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Anyway, I will never vote for any candidate for any public office right down to dogcatcher who says they won't accept the results of the election if they're not in their favor. IMO that's all the reason anyone who loves America should ever need to vote against Trump.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Most people aren't stupid or hypocritical enough to believe that Trump is actually a Christian.

Pence is just about the worst example of claiming to be devout yet allows himself to be such a corrupt vile sycophant of Trump's. Pence reminds me of those predatory priests victimizing the very children they were supposed to "shepherd into the kingdom of their lord and savior."

Add to that I just can't process in my mind how Trump actually thought that breaking up a peaceful demonstration by gassing them and roughing them up in order to clear the way for him to wave a bible in front of a church was going to be a really spiffy thing to do.

That the evangelicals still support both of those sinners of sinners is going to remain a mystery to me.