Tell me why trump deserves to be re-elected

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Tell me why you think trump deserves to be re-elected. Specifically I’m looking for reasons trump should be re-elected and not Republican X who would do the exact same things trump would do.

After Obama’s first term one could at least make the case for why he deserved to be re-elected, I don’t think there is a case to be made for trump.

Tax cuts? Any republican could have passed tax cuts with a majority in the house and senate. The same could be said of Supreme Court picks unless you can convince me that any republican would have chosen some other hand picked federalist society judge.

So what’s something uniquely special about trump that makes him deserving of such a high honor?

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Tell me why you think trump deserves to be re-elected. Specifically I’m looking for reasons trump should be re-elected and not Republican X who would do the exact same things trump would do.

After Obama’s first term one could at least make the case for why he deserved to be re-elected, I don’t think there is a case to be made for trump.

Tax cuts? Any republican could have passed tax cuts with a majority in the house and senate. The same could be said of Supreme Court picks unless you can convince me that any republican would have chosen some other hand picked federalist society judge.

So what’s something uniquely special about trump that makes him deserving of such a high honor?
He has proven time and time again that for right-wing authoritarians, he is a rightful authority figure.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
He doesn’t

I don’t think he does and you don’t think he does but about 30-40% of the electorate will vote for him. Are they only voting for him because he isn’t a democrat or are they voting for him because they believe he deserves to be re-elected?

If there was some other republican running for President would they still vote for trump or would they vote for the other republican?

Honestly I don’t anticipate too many answers here and I think we all know why but I did want to hear someone make the case.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Its like that Justin Timberlake tune: Im bringing asshole back...(was it sexy back?) Anyway, if you are an asshole and you know it clap your hands clap clap... Assholes want an asshole king? Not a big mystery to me..

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
If you believe that America is a pox on the world, you could make the argument that Trump should get re-elected because he's destroying the country. That's literally the only argument to re-elect trump

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
I find the question you asked -- If there was a different Republican candidate for President would he be elected?
I beliebe that Trump has done so much harm that even the part of his base who would vopte Republican no matter what will fragment and vote for Biden!
But I also believe that if Trump said That is it , I am outta here.....that the Dems choic e of Biden might not be good enough!
Especially if the Republican nominee were to pomise to walk back all the shit Trump did....mind you this is just speculation....not a speculum.......

DaaQ

Golden Member
Dec 8, 2018
I don’t think he does and you don’t think he does but about 30-40% of the electorate will vote for him. Are they only voting for him because he isn’t a democrat or are they voting for him because they believe he deserves to be re-elected?

If there was some other republican running for President would they still vote for trump or would they vote for the other republican?

Honestly I don’t anticipate too many answers here and I think we all know why but I did want to hear someone make the case.
Propaganda is a hell of a drug.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Propaganda is a hell of a drug.

It is, so what’s the propaganda saying? All I’ve heard is that democrats and everyone except his base hates America and will destroy it. Trump voters may agree with that sentiment but that’s still not a reason why trump deserves to be re-elected.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
It is, so what’s the propaganda saying? All I’ve heard is that democrats and everyone except his base hates America and will destroy it. Trump voters may agree with that sentiment but that’s still not a reason why trump deserves to be re-elected.
stop making sense...lolol

DaaQ

Golden Member
Dec 8, 2018
There is absolutely no reason for him to be re-elected, hell not even the first time. First time he got elected because of the WWE type people, and the whole Unconstitional SC pick.
I remember seeing reports, interviews, whatever of people saying they ONLY voted for him because of the SC pick being made by a R, that was all that mattered to them, not that Mitch violated to Constitution, only that a R made the pick.

I'm pretty sure, reading enough of your posts, you know what the propaganda says.
Unless you don't have access to Sirius XM, or are in a place where all local radio stations are RW echo chambers. Which is possible, since something like 95%+ of local radio broadcasting is right wing conservative rhetoric. The real only option for left/progressive talk radio is Sirius XM, and you have to pay for that.

I equate it to the old WWF culture, male soap opera.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
1. Pro gun aka pro 2nd amendment
2. Pro life aka no aborted children
3. His Christian belief in God

Those are the only three reason anyone would ever need.

Thanks but all three of those could be true of any republicans and is not unique to trump.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
There is absolutely no reason for him to be re-elected, hell not even the first time. First time he got elected because of the WWE type people, and the whole Unconstitional SC pick.
I remember seeing reports, interviews, whatever of people saying they ONLY voted for him because of the SC pick being made by a R, that was all that mattered to them, not that Mitch violated to Constitution, only that a R made the pick.

I'm pretty sure, reading enough of your posts, you know what the propaganda says.
Unless you don't have access to Sirius XM, or are in a place where all local radio stations are RW echo chambers. Which is possible, since something like 95%+ of local radio broadcasting is right wing conservative rhetoric. The real only option for left/progressive talk radio is Sirius XM, and you have to pay for that.

I equate it to the old WWF culture, male soap opera.

lol, I think you might be spot on with the WWF analogy.

That being said, trumps Supreme Court nominations were chosen from a list provided by the federalist society, a list any republican could have chosen from. So if your (in the genetic sense, not you) reason for voting for trump is to get “the right people” on the Supreme Court, if there was another republicans running for president would you vote for them over trump or is there some other compelling reason that trump deserves to be re-elected?

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005

1. Pro gun aka pro 2nd amendment -- as long as it is Republicans and white people....not for people of color!
2. Pro life aka no aborted children -- I don`t mean to wreck your world but there are plenty of Democrats who are anti-abortion!
3. His Christian belief in God -- His Christian belief in a God...not God!
If Trump was a true Christian he would be acting totally different!
In fact the church he aligns with believes nothing that Trump believes, except foe being anti-abortion! In the end his claiming to have a belief in God has nothing to do with an actual belief! but it has a lot to do with gettting the Evangelical vote...

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Exactly. One party one belief.
That is wrong...I know many Republicans who say Trump is not a Christian or religious at all! In fact there are Republicans who are not against abortion....oh nooo....say it isn`t soooo...

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
You're looking for valid reasons, or the actual reasons people will vote for him?

I’m not looking for either. We already know these people will vote for trump no matter what, what I want to know is, is it trump or simply the fact that he’s a republican and that’s all that matters.

My suspicion is that their reasons are the latter as I doubt even the die hard trump fans could come up with a reason why trump should be re-elected that’s unique to trump and not something any republican would be capable of.

uallas5

Golden Member
Jun 3, 2005

Because the man whose only time even coming near a church during his presidency happened because he had to have people teargassed out of his way is apparently the ideal of Christendom?!?! Never mind the fact he NEVER was faithful to ANY of his wives. Seriously...this is the man you choose to represent the teachings of Christ?