Shoulder
military press: 12,10,8,6 (4 sets) increasing the weight as the reps decrease

Arms
barbell curl: 10x2, 8x1, 6x2 (5 sets) again increasing the weight with each set
concentration curl: 12x2
hammer curl: 10x2, 8x1
lying tricep extension: 8x3
wrsit curl: 15 x5

I do the above work out three times a week, please note that since i only have a bench press, dumbbells,barbell, and i train alone at home so i can't do some exercises, so i try to do compound exercises for each body part. and i try to go easy with the weights.

I would like you people to comment/criticise and give some help, in term of strength i have improved but body size not much . the second link in my signature show my back . thanks a lot for helping me guys. :)

EmperorIQ

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2003
I think its too much volume for 1 day of training. It'll be better if you concentrate 1-2 muscle groups per day.

also, what are you goals?

If you goal is to be able to do your workout within 30 mins, then yes, that's a good plan :)

CalvinHobbs

Jan 28, 2005
well usually it takes me one hour to do this, coz i have to add/remove weight etc, dont tell me to go to a gym, i cant afford this right now, my goals are to grow bigger, coz at 176cm i am skinny at 67kg, i mean small biceps etc, well the goals are bigger and stronger.

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
Looks good to me.

I see no ab work though. I would do some weighted situps if you can or better yet incline ones.

I would ditch some of the curl exercises and do some dips if you can. Or ditch them and dos ome seated flies (upper back and shoulders).

Revolve around the exercises that you don't do the same ones every 6 weeks.

Instead of back squat do front squats.

Instead of Military Press do seated presses with a DB.

Get rid some of those curls and do the other curl exercises you left off this time around. Or dod weighted pull ups :)

Eat a lot and you can add some size. Eat eat eat!!!

CHANGE YOUR REPS AND SETS SCHEME ALSO! That will hav ea big impact on your training also. Next cycle do 12reps x 3sets on everything. You will use less weight but you get a different volume and intensity out of the work out. Then say get back to 8x4 then next 6x 5 (your lifting heavier) etc.

Koing

hzl eyed grl

Super Moderator<br>Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
Originally posted by: Koing
Looks good to me.

I see no ab work though. I would do some weighted situps if you can or better yet incline ones.

I would ditch some of the curl exercises and do some dips if you can. Or ditch them and dos ome seated flies (upper back and shoulders).

Get rid some of those curls and do the other curl exercises you left off this time around. Or dod weighted pull ups :)

CHANGE YOUR REPS AND SETS SCHEME ALSO! That will hav ea big impact on your training also. Next cycle do 12reps x 3sets on everything. You will use less weight but you get a different volume and intensity out of the work out. Then say get back to 8x4 then next 6x 5 (your lifting heavier) etc.

Koing

When I started reading the thread I was thinking that you'd be the one that should be in here giving advice. :thumbsup: :)

Jahee

Platinum Member
Sep 21, 2006
Looks good to me.

Koing

If he's looking for size which, he most likely is he'd need to lower the reps...

Try doing sets of 6 reps with a heavier weight if you're looking for mass..

CalvinHobbs

Jan 28, 2005
thanks for all the answers so far, my exercises are limited to the equipments i have, that is only a bench press (no preacher curl bench attached to it), barbell and dumb bells. thanks a lot guys. and which curls you want me to ditch Koing? the barbell curl or wrist curl?

CKent

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
Work each muscle group once a week, but work it more thoroughly. Push yourself a bit. It also sounds like you want your arms to be giants next to a twig of a body :p

CalvinHobbs

Jan 28, 2005
Originally posted by: CKent
Work each muscle group once a week, but work it more thoroughly. Push yourself a bit. It also sounds like you want your arms to be giants next to a twig of a body :p

lol well not really gigantic arms, but still s few more inches wouldn't be bad, take a look at the second link in my signature and you'll get an idea why i need a few more inches.

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
I'm not much of a lifter, so I'll others handle that. However, I would add some aerobic exercise to your weekly routine. Focusing on a muscle group a day should leave some days free for a run, a bike, or a swim. No workout program is complete with out good cardio exercise.

CalvinHobbs

Jan 28, 2005
another question how do you how much calorie certain foods have, i mean i here a daily calorie intake of upto 4000 calorie, well how do you know it's that or that much?? thanks again for your patience with me and my questions :)

CalvinHobbs

Jan 28, 2005
Originally posted by: Bateluer
I'm not much of a lifter, so I'll others handle that. However, I would add some aerobic exercise to your weekly routine. Focusing on a muscle group a day should leave some days free for a run, a bike, or a swim. No workout program is complete with out good cardio exercise.

right now i cant, but maybe next week i'll start jogging again, usually i do 2.4km in 15-19mins. that should be ok i hope followed by abs exercises, i.e reverse crunch, crunch,

CalvinHobbs

Jan 28, 2005
Originally posted by: hzl eyed grl
Looks good to me.

Koing

When I started reading the thread I was thinking that you'd be the one that should be in here giving advice. :thumbsup: :)

i remember you were doing some serious work on your weight, hope you have been able to reach the goals you had set, i think it was three years ago you had posted a pic telling how good you were feeling :) . well nice to hear you again