Tell me about the Dell 1800FP!

Krassus

Golden Member
Jan 30, 2003
I'm seriously considering picking one up next week. So load me up. I've heard a lot of GOOD things about it, but what are the BAD ones? One thing that particularly worries me are the blacks. How dark are they? I'm temporarily stuck with a NEC LCD now, and i absolutely hate it because the blacks are dark gray. And what else should i know? I won't be able to see it in person before buying it online, so this is kind of risky. I don't want any surprises. Load me up!

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: fivespeed5
how about it's outdated, there's an 1801FP now.

He was told the same thing the other day, but I have a feeling he does not read his past threads on the same topic.

link

sohcrates

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2000
i have an 1800 fp. i use the analog input, no dvi for me. i think it looks great. no complaints

KingNothing

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2002
Originally posted by: minendo
Originally posted by: fivespeed5
how about it's outdated, there's an 1801FP now.

He was told the same thing the other day, but I have a feeling he does not read his past threads on the same topic.

link

There's two prior threads?!?!?! What a tard!

Krassus

Golden Member
Jan 30, 2003
Originally posted by: fivespeed5 how about it's outdated, there's an 1801FP now.
He was told the same thing the other day, but I have a feeling he does not read his past threads on the same topic. link
So just because there is an updated version out for 20% more, i should immediately rush out and buy it instead of the older one without even knowing what the difference is?

fs5

Lifer
Jun 10, 2000
Originally posted by: Krassus
Originally posted by: fivespeed5 how about it's outdated, there's an 1801FP now.
He was told the same thing the other day, but I have a feeling he does not read his past threads on the same topic. link
So just because there is an updated version out for 20% more, i should immediately rush out and buy it instead of the older one without even knowing what the difference is?

I think minendo was informing people that you're an idiot for starting 3 threads on the the same topic.

KingNothing

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2002

No, you should bump your old threads instead of making new ones.

Krassus

Golden Member
Jan 30, 2003
Originally posted by: KingNothing
YOU should mind your own business. I'LL do whatever the hell i want.

PowerMacG5

Diamond Member
Apr 14, 2002
Originally posted by: KingNothing
YOU should mind your own business. I'LL do whatever the hell i want.
I think a raw nerve was struck.