Tell me a tale of Nitro!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kabelogo

Banned
Dec 1, 1999
A long time ago I was beat in a quarter by an old chevelle w nitrous. I had him, and he knew it, then, bam, he took me. I had him beat, my 302 had his boring old 396 strokewise, and I had the quick. But dam, he sure did beat me.

Instead of using nitro, have you considered a turbocharger. You have a more consistent increase in power throughout the curve, all within rpm range. It may cost a little more but the benefits are much greater.

btw, i just finished the exhaust on my chevelle, and you little honda enthusiasts can cry over this.

I'm running 2 1/2" exhaust all the way. Yummy.

ratkil

Platinum Member
Jan 12, 2000
<<Man, when he kicked the water on that 500 horse pig would RUN>> You sure he didn't have a nitrous kit also? I run a water injection system for low octane gas, it doesn't add any power, just helps high compression engines burn lower octane fuel without having to kill the timing advance....

Brooks

Banned
Oct 9, 1999
hehe kabelogo :)

Actually I'm not really a honda enthusist. I thought for the price my car is worth its not worth putting money into...next car though!

Bozo Galora

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 1999

What I meant was, with the water, he could use the HP he had with high oct pump gas. W/O, the pinging would scare you. I was not trying to imply the water added HP.