Teeth hurting - sign of sickness?

SaltyNuts

Platinum Member
May 1, 2001
My teeth started killing me the last couple days. They NEVER hurt me. Other than when I stop brushing with the sensative toothpaste for several days, but that pain is in the tops of my teeth. This pain is going like all the way through the roots of my teeth. And I'm still brushing with sensative toothpaste. So it can't be that.

So that leads me to my question - can one's teeth hurting massively be the sign that one has some illness currently or coming on soon? Like flue or covid or something?

Its a bit of a weird question, I know, but I thought I would ask because I have never had this happen before and I feel pretty much fine currently.

Thanks.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
If you don’t floss and eat McDonald’s...I can see you having gingivitis or periodontitis. Gum disease or a cavity are initially “asymptomatic”.

If you’re already on sensitive toothpaste and now the symptoms might have progressed to a periodontal state.

Take a good look at your gums in the mirror. If the color is not a bright pink, you’re gonna be in some trouble.

Streptococcus mutans produces a biofilm from sucrose, which helps form plaque and then tartar, and that is basically a fortress for bad bacteria to thrive, as white blood cells cannot crack the tartar.

Or you have had a cavity and had it for a long enough time for the bacteria to get really deep into the teeth. You might need a root canal in that case.

Vitamins D and K2 can help delay the progression of cavities and or gum disease.

Reactions: GrumpyMan

SaltyNuts

Platinum Member
May 1, 2001
Damn Torn Mind, thanks. I don't think its any of that, it came on all over my mouth all of a sudden. And I take real good care of my teeth. But I greatly appreciate it. I will study your post closely for even better care of my teeth and gums going forward.

I'm just curious though... is there anything you don't know pretty much everything about?

• Haha
Reactions: nakedfrog

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
Could be a precursor to a sinus infection. Some people get sinus infections that cause tooth aches.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
He probably should add some alkalinity to his mouth. Like his own soap.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Saw this thread and thought he was back... as trolls go he was one of the more amusing ones even if he was a complete phony posting from his moms basement about his "Walter Mitty" life.