Teenager attempts to commit suicide by driving head on into oncoming traffic

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Mo0o

Lifer
Jul 31, 2001
what a fvcking moron, classic spoiled btch with no thought to others. too bad she failed

jagec

Lifer
Apr 30, 2004
Originally posted by: aidanjm
Finally, we as a society don't give suicidal people options (in terms of methods of killing themselves) so you can't really complain when suicidal people fvck up and end up hurting others or themselves with a botched attempt.

Guns, poison, jumping off of a bridge, walking into traffic, tying a bunch of rocks to yourself and jumping in the lake, ODing on prescription drugs, lying down on the train tracks, slitting your wrists, hanging youself, dousing yourself in gasoline and lighting a match, sitting in the garage with your car idling for hours, driving off of a cliff, using a katana for ritual self-evisceration, walking around Oakland at night wearing a KKK uniform...

Yeah...no options at all. Or do you want to install suicide booths at intersections and high schools?:roll:

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Originally posted by: BillyBatson
there might have been many factors that went into the girl wanting to end her life, but the fact is a month of 3 died, child injured with broken ribs etc including possible permenant damage to her vision. the father and all 3 children are going to have it hard on so many levels for the rest of their lives because some stupid girl decided to do the most selfish thing, try to take her own life and endanger others without caring.

I think it is a bit unrealistic to expect suicidal people to factor in the health of other people when making their suicide attempt. The psychological studies show that many suicidal people aren't thinking clearly or rationally - they have 'tunnel vision' (they are completely focused on the bad things they see as making life unbearable, to the exclusion of all other things) and are very inflexible (have lost the capacity to see alternative options to suicide). It probably didn't even occur to this girl that other people might die. Also, due to the flamboyant nature of her suicide attempt, you'd have to wonder if this girl has borderline personality disorder or other mental issues (apart from just depression). Finally, we as a society don't give suicidal people options (in terms of methods of killing themselves) so you can't really complain when suicidal people fvck up and end up hurting others or themselves with a botched attempt.

This all boils down to one question: Are people responsible for their own actions? If yes, then she should suffer a life worse than death. If no, our society will crumble under its own lunacy.

aidanjm

Lifer
Aug 9, 2004
Originally posted by: shortylickens
While I respect your well-written opinion, I must say I dont agree with it.

I must admit I was trolling with that first comment, my more serious comments are later in the thread. Yes, the actions of this teenage girl were selfish and thoughtless. I'm just not sure what charging her with murder is going to achieve for anyone.

AreaCode707

Lifer
Sep 21, 2001
Originally posted by: Aquila76
Prosecutors say Louise Egan Brunstad, a student at Holy Innocents' Episcopal School in Sandy Springs, had recently tried to initiate a relationship with another female student, who rebuffed her advances.

This makes me wonder if there is some correlation between religious schooling and tendency towards homosexuality. I see nothing wrong with being religious or being gay/lesbian; I just wonder if there is some underlying factor here that increases the chances of or attracts homosexuals.

The Episcopal church welcomes homosexuals - they are ordained ministers in the church and everything. So I'm not sure what you're getting at, but the Episcopal church probably doesn't fit the mold you have in mind.

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Jeff7
Ah, but who's to decide who is truly intelligent and civilized? Some might argue that Mr. T. or Paris Hilton are intelligent and civilized enough to run society. I'm not sure who, but there is someone out there who would put them in charge.
Mr T is actually quite intelligent and civilized. The maniac is just good acting.
Paris on the other hand......

Ok, so not Mr. T.
Jessica Simpson perhaps?

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
While I respect your well-written opinion, I must say I dont agree with it.

I must admit I was trolling with that first comment, my more serious comments are later in the thread. Yes, the actions of this teenage girl were selfish and thoughtless. I'm just not sure what charging her with murder is going to achieve for anyone.
Nothing.
Kids get prosecuted for drugs and all kinds of other stuff. It doesnt stop them from doing it. They're just too dumb to learn from each others mistakes.
Sadly, many modern day grown-ups dont have that ability either.

Aquila76

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2004
www.facebook.com
Originally posted by: HotChic
Originally posted by: Aquila76
Prosecutors say Louise Egan Brunstad, a student at Holy Innocents' Episcopal School in Sandy Springs, had recently tried to initiate a relationship with another female student, who rebuffed her advances.

This makes me wonder if there is some correlation between religious schooling and tendency towards homosexuality. I see nothing wrong with being religious or being gay/lesbian; I just wonder if there is some underlying factor here that increases the chances of or attracts homosexuals.

The Episcopal church welcomes homosexuals - they are ordained ministers in the church and everything. So I'm not sure what you're getting at, but the Episcopal church probably doesn't fit the mold you have in mind.

I wasn't really trying to get at anything. I've just noticed recently that most of the gay/lesbian people I know attended religious schools/colleges and my 'straight' friends mostly did not. That info about the school just made me wonder if this was true for anyone else.

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
This girl should be destroyed, and destroyed via the same means they'd destroy a rabid pitbull that attacked a toddler. In fact, it should be carried out by Animal Control.

exdeath

Lifer
Jan 29, 2004
Sounds like a spoiled brat who threw a fit when she couldn't have the hot boy she wanted (no doubt her 20th f**k for the semester) Oh wait another female? Same difference.

WTF is a 16 year old doing with a 2003 Mercedes anyway? Just proves my first sentence.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Ahh... poor little rich girl! :roll:

Can aidanjm finally be perma-banned now? His latest bit of agenda-driven trolling is WAY over the top.
BTW, the girl's cached myspace page specifically says "Orientation: straight."