Teenage tik-tokkers are able to afford a 7800 square foot house in Bel-Air.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I dunno man, being a huge asshat doesn't seem hold much interest to me. Maybe at their age, but now I'd just be happy with electronics and business background.

Reactions: zinfamous

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
I'm not mad at them, just amazed its come to that.

I AM angry that I spent all that time in school learning electronics and business when clearly that was a fat fucking waste of time.

They are performers and they are basically still kids fresh out of high school.
Would you have taken interest n this article if it was a story about about band renting a house?

Those kids have a very short shelf life where they can capitalize on that crap. They figured out a way to market themselves and make some cash off of it.
At the very least, they don't live in their parents basement.
Instead of working in the mall, they found another way to make money.
They are also teenagers out on their own for the first time.

I'm putting my old man hat to the side and instead going to say "Good for them. Hopefully they stash some money aside for college tuition".

“To our knowledge there have been no formal noise complaints,” said Warren Lentz, CEO of TalentX, who manages the house’s members and provides them with the house in exchange for content. “We have been in frequent communication with both the LAPD and city counsel to ensure the safety of the neighborhood. In order to follow proper protocol, we hired security for our clients and the house.”

Finally,
Gen X had the old-timey version of this

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
Good for them.

An article I had read a while back had stated more millionaires are made online evey year. And, many of those online millionaires are young. Does it take a college degree to succeed in life? Depends IMO. Depends on the degree, and what you studied. I know my uncle immigrated from France many years ago. Was a multi millionaire by 30-32. No college. Was an immigrant. I've met quite a few millionaires who either went to college, but left the field they were in and found success elsewhere. Or, others who got rich but only had a highschool education. You'd be surprised by many wealthy Americans who only had a HS education. What they had though was grit, determinition, and a better understanding of how businesss and money works than college grads who went to a 4 year shool for business.

Dulanic

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2000
Don't be too jealous. I have little doubt it will be short lived and they will be broke soon.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
I AM angry that I spent all that time in school learning electronics and business when clearly that was a fat fucking waste of time.

There is only so much "room" for people to strike it rich like that. For every one that is successful, the path they used closes behind them.
You might as well complain that the lottery exists so what a "waste of time" it is not to bet the farm on winning it.

Reactions: hal2kilo

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Good for them.

An article I had read a while back had stated more millionaires are made online evey year. And, many of those online millionaires are young. Does it take a college degree to succeed in life? Depends IMO. Depends on the degree, and what you studied. I know my uncle immigrated from France many years ago. Was a multi millionaire by 30-32. No college. Was an immigrant. I've met quite a few millionaires who either went to college, but left the field they were in and found success elsewhere. Or, others who got rich but only had a highschool education. You'd be surprised by many wealthy Americans who only had a HS education. What they had though was grit, determinition, and a better understanding of how businesss and money works than college grads who went to a 4 year shool for business.

Yeah, I have a few in my family as well (millionaire HS grad.)

I think the difference is that they started businesses and made them successful. Going to college usually assumes your plan is to work FOR a business, not start one.

Very good income and stability doing so often enough, but there is a cap on your earnings.

More risk, more reward.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I'm not mad at them, just amazed its come to that.

Clearly in what way? Why do you suffer? I'm not complaining that you are complaining. I'm not asking you to stop or buck up. I think you might just suffer less if you suffered more, so much that you find out what the real source of your suffering is. Don't worry if you don't see any connection to your suffering and this post. I see it and I think this info could help you even though want you really wanted to do was belly ache. Naturally, we all just want to complain but never expand our knowledge as to how deeply we have been hurt. You are actually quite lucky. You complain a lot, sort of like the princess and the pea.