Ted Nugent (motor city madman) Injured in Chainsaw Accident

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: SweetSweetLeroyBrown
...lol....serves him right for calling Michael Jordan an African and not an American.

Uh... ok. I bet a lot of Irish people get offended when you call them Irish too.

Originally posted by: WinkOsmosis
Ted Nugent? The hypocritical ass? He probably deserved it.

How's that now?

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002

From Ask the Nuge:
Q- Dear Mr. Nuge, I would be interested in your thoughts and comments re. the possible threat or danger of the recent development of the cow/bovine disease to wildlife nationwide, as well as our domestic beef stock. This seems like it would be of great interest/concern to yourself. Any plans by TNUSA to address this subject and any help possible by we your followers? Thanks, Rock On.
A- Certainly with more than two million foodborn illnesses each year in America resulting in thousands of unnecessary deaths, we must all be cognizant of the importance of demanding quality sustenance in our everyday diet. That's one of my primary reasons for hunting and butchering my own food, I insist on knowing exactly from where and how my meat got to the Nugent grill. Though E-coli and salmonella are nearly unheard of in wild game flesh, growing episodes of chronic wasting disease and other such maladies are occurring in some western states' deer and elk herds. With but a modicum of research and common sense, we can surely surmise how insane some of the longrunning agriculture practices have been. No farmer or rancher worth diddly would ever think of feeding any dead livestock back to his herd. This practice and others like it must end in the USA. Hunters should initiate a nationwide promotional campaign celebrating the purity of our hands-on hunting lifestyle as the ultimate healthy system by which mankind responsibly procures our families' sustenance while creating a balanced ecosystem that benefits all living things.
good^

Q- The idea of hunting lions fascinates me. Have you ever harvested a lion or
taken a known man-eater? If so, what rifle did you use? I hear it takes a
hell of a gun to down a lion. I could not imagine a more exciting hunt.
A- I killed a magnificant African Lion in the Sudan in 1978 with my Browning Safari Grade bolt-action rifle in 7mm Remington Magnum with Remington CoreLokt 175 grain ammo at about 200 yards. Hit square on the shoulder broadside, he dropped like a bag-o-rocks. He did however roar in my face as I approached him from the rear so I touched off a 500 grain softpoint from my Weatherby .460 magnum. That did it. Lions are relatively soft & can certainly be killed easily with a properly placed bullet in even the lightweight calibers like .243 I am sure. Many have been bowkilled & cleanly taken with .357 magnum & .44 magnum handguns. However, it is universally agreed that a .375 H&H magnum is the best lion caliber, again, as long as shot placement is perfect. He will eat you if he can. There are plenty of lions throughtout Africa in their historical habitat. South Africa, Tanzania, Zimbabwe, &others offer great lion hunting. Though Botswana supports a healthy, thriving lion population, that country has caved into anithunting zealots & is now losing valuable conservation revenues while dealing with a lion problem. Go figure. Goodluck & may the King of Beasts bring you much spirit.

Why is he endorsing hunting lions for challenge? :confused:

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
From Ask the Nuge:
Q- Dear Mr. Nuge, I would be interested in your thoughts and comments re. the possible threat or danger of the recent development of the cow/bovine disease to wildlife nationwide, as well as our domestic beef stock. This seems like it would be of great interest/concern to yourself. Any plans by TNUSA to address this subject and any help possible by we your followers? Thanks, Rock On.
A- Certainly with more than two million foodborn illnesses each year in America resulting in thousands of unnecessary deaths, we must all be cognizant of the importance of demanding quality sustenance in our everyday diet. That's one of my primary reasons for hunting and butchering my own food, I insist on knowing exactly from where and how my meat got to the Nugent grill. Though E-coli and salmonella are nearly unheard of in wild game flesh, growing episodes of chronic wasting disease and other such maladies are occurring in some western states' deer and elk herds. With but a modicum of research and common sense, we can surely surmise how insane some of the longrunning agriculture practices have been. No farmer or rancher worth diddly would ever think of feeding any dead livestock back to his herd. This practice and others like it must end in the USA. Hunters should initiate a nationwide promotional campaign celebrating the purity of our hands-on hunting lifestyle as the ultimate healthy system by which mankind responsibly procures our families' sustenance while creating a balanced ecosystem that benefits all living things.
good^

Q- The idea of hunting lions fascinates me. Have you ever harvested a lion or
taken a known man-eater? If so, what rifle did you use? I hear it takes a
hell of a gun to down a lion. I could not imagine a more exciting hunt.
A- I killed a magnificant African Lion in the Sudan in 1978 with my Browning Safari Grade bolt-action rifle in 7mm Remington Magnum with Remington CoreLokt 175 grain ammo at about 200 yards. Hit square on the shoulder broadside, he dropped like a bag-o-rocks. He did however roar in my face as I approached him from the rear so I touched off a 500 grain softpoint from my Weatherby .460 magnum. That did it. Lions are relatively soft & can certainly be killed easily with a properly placed bullet in even the lightweight calibers like .243 I am sure. Many have been bowkilled & cleanly taken with .357 magnum & .44 magnum handguns. However, it is universally agreed that a .375 H&H magnum is the best lion caliber, again, as long as shot placement is perfect. He will eat you if he can. There are plenty of lions throughtout Africa in their historical habitat. South Africa, Tanzania, Zimbabwe, &others offer great lion hunting. Though Botswana supports a healthy, thriving lion population, that country has caved into anithunting zealots & is now losing valuable conservation revenues while dealing with a lion problem. Go figure. Goodluck & may the King of Beasts bring you much spirit.

Why is he endorsing hunting lions for challenge? :confused:

I fail to see the hypocrisy. :confused:

He's always been an advocate for responsible hunting and reality based ecology.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
How is he a hypocrite? He is an overwhelming supporter of hunting, and loves wilderness, but look at his list of supports. http://www.tnugent.com/supports.shtml

All hunting organizations, no conservation/environmental ones? Yes, he sure does love the outdoors... for his own use.

Because the major environmental organizations have been taken over by left wing fanatics. I'm a firm supporter of ecology, but I loath every major environmental group.

Hunter organizations ARE firm supporters of RATIONAL environmental causes.

Not only that, but all the major environmental organizations are also antigun and anti-hunting. Why the fsck would any hunting enthusiast support them?

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
At least he tried to support his blurting with something. More than I can say for a lot of people around here.

That's true about ecology laws run rampant. Between snail darters and spotted owls, these laws have cost a fortune and unnecessarily hinder progress and jobs.

In the center crossroads of our city of 50,000 people, developers have to jump through hoops to put additions onto existing building because of wetlands legislation. This crap delayed one project by 6 months for nothing! WTF is the difference if it's wetland or not, if it's the center of a city's business zone?

Doing away with a few of our wet areas would be great, because it would keep these filthy geese away. I'm not too sure our city's public parks are healthy places to be, with the blanket of goose sh|t all over them. As far as I'm concerned, uncle Ted can shoot as many of them as he can carry off... in a three ton dump truck!

blakeatwork

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001
Uh... ok. I bet a lot of Irish people get offended when you call them Irish too.

Say what now??? How many Irishmen do you know?? we might get offended if you we sound like a limey... but you call me Irish to me face all day long and I won't blink, but I would offer you a pint for being so astute...

;)

blakeatwork

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Ornery
It's those damn sideburns that make me see red.... Damn hippy...

Ted Nugent, a hippy?
rolleye.gif

Christ dude relax.... it was a joke... you know... humour, satire, parody, sarcasm...

Christ... make fun of other nations all day, but don't bash "The Nuge"
rolleye.gif
<--- See, I can do it too..

blakeatwork

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Ornery
Oh, sarcasm.

Not that I like Uncle Ted so much, just that I hate hippies!

LOL....

That's it... I'm inventing something that porrtrays sarcasm/humour over teh intarweb.... Sorta like a device for "special needs" peoples...

;)

(Yes, that was a joke...:D)

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
Originally posted by: Amused
How is he a hypocrite? He is an overwhelming supporter of hunting, and loves wilderness, but look at his list of supports. http://www.tnugent.com/supports.shtml

All hunting organizations, no conservation/environmental ones? Yes, he sure does love the outdoors... for his own use.

Because the major environmental organizations have been taken over by left wing fanatics. I'm a firm supporter of ecology, but I loath every major environmental group.

Not only that, but all the major environmental organizations are also antigun and anti-hunting. Why the fsck would any hunting enthusiast support them?

Hunter organizations support environmental causes that are good for hunting, which is to be expected. But you can't consider them a replacement for real environmental organizations. You can talk about "rational" all you want, but remember that at one time, "rational" meant no environmental protection whatsoever, because it was too costly.
I have to admit that many environmentalists are stupid, but so are many anti-environmentalists whose perception of progress is short sighted and narrow.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003

Hunter organizations support environmental causes that are good for hunting, which is to be expected. But you can't consider them a replacement for real environmental organizations. You can talk about "rational" all you want, but remember that at one time, "rational" meant no environmental protection whatsoever, because it was too costly.
I have to admit that many environmentalists are stupid, but so are many anti-environmentalists whose perception of progress is short sighted and narrow.

Why should he support an organization that does not support his hunting? I'm all for saving the environment, but I wouldn't support the Sierra club, because they hate mountain bikers. Apparantly we cause harmful erosion that horses and hikers do not. Screw them.

Ted Nugent supports Michigan United Conservation Clubs. Happy?

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
Originally posted by: mugsywwiii

Why should he support an organization that does not support his hunting? I'm all for saving the environment, but I wouldn't support the Sierra club, because they hate mountain bikers. Apparantly we cause harmful erosion that horses and hikers do not. Screw them.

Ted Nugent supports Michigan United Conservation Clubs. Happy?
Yes

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001

What is good for hunting and hunters is good for the environments they hunt in. Hunters want to protect the areas they hunt in and keep animal populations plentiful and healthy. Please explain why this is not good enough for you?

Altruism does not exist. EVERYONE has a motive rooted in selfishness. To claim hunting organizations are not valid environmentalists because they have an agenda, but not make the same claim for the leftist nutjob environmental organizations is laughable.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: mugsywwiii

What a joke, huh? Anyone who has seen a well used horse trail KNOWS they cause the most erosion of any form of transport. The dirt turns to a fine, baby-powder like substance and not only washes away, but blows away in a slight breeze.

The major environmentalist organizations have been taken over by far leftist causes that are anti-corporate to a fault, anti-technology, and anti-capitalist. A sort of communist/hippy mix that is just pathetic.

NesuD

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: ThaPerculator
I just hope to god that this stops him from running for Governor....

Pretty sure the 40 stitches will heal long before Michigans next gubernatorial election(2006). Although I haven't heard a thing here in Michigan about him considering such a move.