Ted Nugent likens Democrats, media, academics to 'rabid coyotes' who should be shot

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/07/politics/nugent-democrats-media-advocates-rabid-coyotes/index.html

Ted Nugent compared multiple groups he opposes to "rabid coyotes" on Friday, adding that you "keep your gun handy" to shoot them on sight.

Nugent, a musician and National Rifle Association board member, made the remarks during a seemingly casual -- yet fiery -- interview with InfoWars host Alex Jones. During the interview, Jones -- a right-wing conspiracy theorist -- said he wanted to know why liberals hate America and "love communism."
"Don't ask why," Nugent said. "Just know that evil, dishonesty and scam artists have always been around and that right now they're liberal, they're Democrat, they're RINOs, they're Hollywood, they're fake news, they're media, they're academia, and they're half of our government, at least."
"So come to that realization," he continued. "There are rabid coyotes running around, you don't wait till you see one to go get your gun, keep your gun handy. And every time you see one, shoot one."

This reminds me of the Khmer Rouge literally... and this will not end well for anyone.

Feb 16, 2005
wow, thank god that meeting of the minds was recorded for future generations to... um..... enjoy?

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Directly advocating shooting people? He should be arrested for... what, inciting violence? Terrorist threats?

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Sounds like a couple of the assholes that have advocated shooting democrats/liberals on this forum.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Remember, folks. Modern US conservatism is propped up by obscene amounts of cognitive dissonance and projection.

Ted Nugent is just projecting his own right-wing authoritarian, Strongman-enthralled mindset onto libruuuls and any other group he doesn't include in the exclusive group he considers himself a member of.

He is right though, minus the projection.

When the fascist-enabling right-wing authoritarians come out into the streets, in open practice, like rabid dogs they will need to be put down.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
This is expected behavior from people badly terrorized as children. They live in a perpetual state of dread and the bravado is there to mask their sense of helplessness. As much as they seek to impress other people with similar feelings and even manage that to varying degrees, their inner life is shallow and bereft of the joy of being. It's a real tragedy their fear creates a certainty their is no such thing as help.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
This has been posted before but always good for another laugh at this rocker-turned-moron.

http://gawker.com/5983634/patriotic-american-ted-nugent-shit-his-pants-to-avoid-the-draft

04fad564c474c27a27e5701a60b9f8496f94c97931ab665c09352034b60ab217.jpg

Reactions: darkswordsman17

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
I wonder if anyone has ever questioned him about that. I'm to lazy to search but it just sounds like something a '70's rock star would tell a rock mag as a story. Kind of like how the the Stones trashed a hotel room. Did it really happen? Who knows it's just part of the aura that rock stars seem to have.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I wonder if anyone has ever questioned him about that. I'm to lazy to search but it just sounds like something a '70's rock star would tell a rock mag as a story. Kind of like how the the Stones trashed a hotel room. Did it really happen? Who knows it's just part of the aura that rock stars seem to have.
Yes, he's repeated it to more than one source, and then also back pedaled, read his wiki, dude is 100% full of shit, just like the great orange one.

Reactions: darkswordsman17

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Nugent is a fucking moron and not one of my people. That said, his bark is louder than his bite. I actually liked his music in the 70's, but I'm not a fan of him as a person.

Reactions: IJTSSG

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I guess that's why Trump loves him.

Also referred to the first black President as an animal. That's definitely why Trump loves him

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
His first hit a superficial anthem to the psychedelic moment "Journey to the center of your mind" was the first and last thing I consciously paid any attention to. Unfortunately, it was pretty impossible to avoid hearing "Cat scratch fever" when it hit.
One of the rock bands that was probably assembled expressly to get as many groupies in bed as possible.
LOOOOOOOOSER!