Ted Cruz's Amazing Adventures

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Ted did an op-ed. Ted Ted Ted. What is it about Trumpians, guns and their own feet?

Which has summoned somewhat of a twitter excrement tornado, this piece by Beau sums it up. Basically Ted admits to bribery, taking money from corps to look the other way on taxes etc. In True Trumpian Style, Ted said the quiet/secret part out loud: Republicans have policy for sale.

edit : <here goes something about cancun>
edit :<here goes something about trump and his wife>
edit :<here goes something about the insurrection>
edit :<here goes something about peddling russian prop>

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
When he says he's pretty sure Cruz didn't mean what it sounded like he actually said, I think what that means is that Cruz didn't mean for the threat he expressed to expose the reasons such a threat could be made.

But you can easily imagine why Cruz would be so very upset that corporations could turn against him because he sold his entire soul and all personal self respect to obtain the power to serve them. "Where's the fucking gratitude?"

Reactions: Pohemi and Jaskalas

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
When he says he's pretty sure Cruz didn't mean what it sounded like he actually said, I think what that means is that Cruz didn't mean for the threat he expressed to expose the reasons such a threat could be made.

But you can easily imagine why Cruz would be so very upset that corporations could turn against him because he sold his entire soul and all personal self respect to obtain the power to serve them. "Where's the fucking gratitude?"
Also related is why his service comes so "cheap." He'd vote the same way regardless of how much money he got from PACs. He thinks looking the other way when a company owes $12B in back taxes is the right thing to do.

Reactions: Pohemi and ch33zw1z

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008

That is exactly what it is... I am thinking he has been in the vile-game for so long that he simply doesnt know how to regular human anymore. I mean, how can anyone *ANYONE* be so naive as to not understand this is how government works right? Super PACs buy policy and tax cuts.

Reactions: Pohemi

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
I'm not so sure Beau is correct that he wasn't admitting to influence peddling. He says that because of "wokeness" he will do two things:

1. Stop taking their money.
2. Stop doing them favors.

If (1) is at all meaningful, it could only be because they are getting (2) for their money. If they aren't getting anything for their money, how is refusing to take their money the retaliation he claims it is?

Yep, he pretty much said the quiet part out loud.

Reactions: Pohemi

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I've said it before and I'll say it again...and again...and again before I die...

Political corruption by ANYONE in ANY PARTY should be a death penalty crime.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Beau has a good point. That's really cheap. Apparently a gofundme could easily buy a Senator.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
I'm not so sure Beau is correct that he wasn't admitting to influence peddling. He says that because of "wokeness" he will do two things:

1. Stop taking their money.
2. Stop doing them favors.

If (1) is at all meaningful, it could only be because they are getting (2) for their money. If they aren't getting anything for their money, how is refusing to take their money the retaliation he claims it is?

Yep, he pretty much said the quiet part out loud.

Republicans: We are now a "workers party" against woke PC corporations and we won't do their bidding any longer

Democrats: Raise corporate taxes, increase the ability for workers to unionize, and eliminate tax loopholes.

Republicans: No and you are all communists for even suggesting it.

Amazing how the entire shift of the party is purely cultural in nature with literally none of the things that would actually help workers in the slightest making the cut policy wise.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Republicans: We are now a "workers party" against woke PC corporations and we won't do their bidding any longer

Democrats: Raise corporate taxes, increase the ability for workers to unionize, and eliminate tax loopholes.

Republicans: No and you are all communists for even suggesting it.

Amazing how the entire shift of the party is purely cultural in nature with literally none of the things that would actually help workers in the slightest making the cut policy wise.
The GOP is "populist" without any actual policies that benefit the population.

• Haha
Reactions: hal2kilo

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
Beau has a good point. That's really cheap. Apparently a gofundme could easily buy a Senator.
I doubt it really. It is not really about the one time $300,000 donation. It is about having the support of powerful people and the influence a corporation can apply. The dollar amounts is really just a way to keep score of how much that corporation likes you.
A gofundme giving the same amount could be realistically ignored since their $300,000 does not signify the same amount of power. Them liking Ted $300,000 worth is not really that important because their ability to do things for Ted is really low.