Ted Cruz to Texas "Come to Cancun with me the Weather is great".

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001

Of course, he lied.
Geez, this is what the missus wanted. WTH not just say that. I can honestly believe that, as a father, Cruz would prefer to be in Cancun with his daughters (having heard many spring break Cancun stories).
He could have even said that he will keep in touch with the Governor and that his staff will be actively engaged in securing federal resources for the state. Does he have some weird compulsion that requires him to come off as a slime ball?

Nov 29, 2006
Just notice AOC raised 1M in a day for folks out in Texas. What a great use of her fame to help those in need. Good for her.

Maybe she could run some leadership seminars for the GOP.

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
If Trump can slide his ass out from under the heavy burden of impeachment not once, but twice with so much incontrovertible evidence stacked against him in both instances, then Ted should have absolutely no problem sweeping his inconsiderately arrogant vacay to Mexico under the rocks where his voters live and not suffer any damage to his outstanding reputation as a well respected and regarded politician from that great conservative run MAGA'd state he hails from. /s

See, Repubs have this very convenient double standard clause in their party platform whereby doing shit like Trump and Cruz is very ignorable yet wearing a tan suit to work is cause for a public hanging.

edit - The party hasn't hit bottom because for them there is no bottom to hit. All's fair for them and no one else.
Cruz can probably shoot someone on Dealey Plaza and not lose any votes.

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
Right, because making posts on Twitter asking for donations is SOOOOO much hard work lol

You guys are seriously bought and paid for by OTHER people donating money and calling that work?
Er.. she travelled to Texas to help distribute supplies. Cruz OTOH said adios amigos to Texans until he realized maybe he should come back (not to help Texans, but to help his political career).

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
I honestly don't get it - is he an essential person that is needed for his amazing management of power plants?

Or is he an incompetent fool that should just be punished and not allowed to enjoy vacation while congress is literally in recess?

View attachment 39998

Ok Hannity.

It's especially sad you were motivated enough to go customize an already overused meme. For Ted Cruz.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
I honestly don't get it - is he an essential person that is needed for his amazing management of power plants?

Or is he an incompetent fool that should just be punished and not allowed to enjoy vacation while congress is literally in recess?

View attachment 39998

Show us where on the doll that Gavin Newsom's dinner hurt.

Nov 8, 2012
Show us where on the doll that Gavin Newsom's dinner hurt.

Wut? How are those in anyway comparable? Newsom closed public dining to people but opts to get exclusive exceptions for himself.

Cruz was on recess. He isn't telling anyone not to travel. Deeeerp.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Wut? How are those in anyway comparable? Newsom closed public dining to people but opts to get exclusive exceptions for himself.

Cruz was on recess. He isn't telling anyone not to travel. Deeeerp.

Except when he blasted the mayor of Austin last year for travelling to Cabo during COVID?

Derp derp.

Personally I don't really care much about these populist swipes at various pols. However, I guess we've established that Newsom and Cruz are both hypocrites, and so are you.

Nov 8, 2012
Except when he blasted the mayor of Austin last year for travelling to Cabo during COVID?

Derp derp.

Personally I don't really care much about these populist swipes at various pols. However, I guess we've established that Newsom and Cruz are both hypocrites, and so are you.
He blasted mayor of Austin because mayor of Austin told his city not to travel for holidays..... From his vacation home lol.

Again, Cruz wasn't telling people not to travel.

Your comparisons are laughable.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
He blasted mayor of Austin because mayor of Austin told his city not to travel for holidays..... From his vacation home lol.

You have to keep in mind that Someone cried for years about Obama being responsible for every stubbed toe, but then insisted that Trump should bear zero responsibility for mismanaging COVID, because the President can't be responsible for every little thing.
His every post is some troll about how Republicans are more equal than other animals, so-called bothsides that is always one-sided.

• Love
Reactions: Pohemi and Meghan54

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013

OK, since you're slow, let's put this another way. In what way did Newsom's dinner harm you? Why were you butthurt enough about it to start a thread over it?

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Er.. she travelled to Texas to help distribute supplies. Cruz OTOH said adios amigos to Texans until he realized maybe he should come back (not to help Texans, but to help his political career).
You are trying to defend a slimeball to a slimeball

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
We all know that if a democratic politician left their constituents for vacation during a natural disaster in their area, someonesasshole would complain about it, and rightfully so, but he will defend the right of shitbag conservatives to do it until he runs out of breath because he is a horrible person, like almost all conservatives these days.

Today's conservatives that defend trumper politicians are just bad people. Let's start facing the facts.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
They loved Rick Perry’s leadership and wanted more of it.
The wife and I had thought about moving out to the Austin area at one point (I work in the tech industry). Thank God we didn't. So many morons in top government posts. We would have lost our shit.