Ted Cruz to Texas "Come to Cancun with me the Weather is great".

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006
This story makes me feel weird... it’s one of the rare occasions I find myself agreeing with Ben Shapiro and that makes me feel dirty (Wich aside—I seem to be reverting to more of a center-right stance now that Trump is gone!)

Is abandoning your state (literally freezing to death) to vacation in sunny Cancun a shitty thing to do? Yes. Was it even shittier to blame his daughters for the trip? Yes. But the national media piling on and demanding his resignation is a bit much. Demanding resignation for this actually cheapens demands that he resign over his role in the insurrection—THAT’S a cause for resignation, not this!

I fully support Texans of all stripes raking Cruz over the coals for this (assuming they can still light the coals lol.) They should demand his resignation (can’t recall a Senator unfortunately.) But I think the national media punditry is blowing this up. Furthermore, what *should* Cruz be doing right now? Just suffering like everyone else?

Ben Shapiro said Cruz should resign over his role in the insurrection?

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Teddy boy bolts to Cancun...

Our governor is blaming AOC for the failure of the power grid, our former governor is saying that we’d rather freeze in the dark than have government regulation on our electricity, and now Teddyboy has fled the country because it’s just too darn cold in the state he was elected to represent.
Next stop.. invade Mexico so travelling to cancun is just visiting another state.
Or annex Mexico, they owe us for the wall, no?

• Haha
Nov 29, 2006
This story makes me feel weird... it’s one of the rare occasions I find myself agreeing with Ben Shapiro and that makes me feel dirty (Wich aside—I seem to be reverting to more of a center-right stance now that Trump is gone!)

Is abandoning your state (literally freezing to death) to vacation in sunny Cancun a shitty thing to do? Yes. Was it even shittier to blame his daughters for the trip? Yes. But the national media piling on and demanding his resignation is a bit much. Demanding resignation for this actually cheapens demands that he resign over his role in the insurrection—THAT’S a cause for resignation, not this!

I fully support Texans of all stripes raking Cruz over the coals for this (assuming they can still light the coals lol.) They should demand his resignation (can’t recall a Senator unfortunately.) But I think the national media punditry is blowing this up. Furthermore, what *should* Cruz be doing right now? Just suffering like everyone else?

As a leader. Yes, he should be. After all, it's policies he loves that got them into this mess. They should be demanding his resignation, not for the Cancun thing, but all the other crap he's done. This is just icing on the cake that he is a poor leader.

Reactions: Pohemi and feralkid

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
She's a comedian. Though it's so hard these days to tell what is real, but reality in the Trumpist era is so bat shit crazy.

I think she did that bit as one of the MAGAtards in Oklahoma or wherever it was that Trump stranded all of those old people out in that corn field that freezing night after one of his raliles, because they didn't pay for the buses to take them all back.

lol.

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004

This in itself may not be sufficient cause to call for his resignation, but in combination with all the other shit he's done, the resignation calls sound about right.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Cruz - "With school cancelled for the week our girls asked to take a trip with friends. Wanting to be a good Dad I flew down with them last night and am flying back this afternoon."

Good Dad?, well ... That's debatable, but ... To each his own. As a father of two teenage daughters , there's no way in hell I'm sending my kids off to a foreign country with "friends" during a global pandemic just because the schools shut down for a week in my home state because of a state of emergency due to no power. I would want my kids right there with me until we got thing back to normal. My wife would would be like "are you shitting me?

He already threw his father and his wife under the bus, so I guess he had nobody left but the kids.

Reactions: Pohemi and Thump553

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Cruz - "With school cancelled for the week our girls asked to take a trip with friends. Wanting to be a good Dad I flew down with them last night and am flying back this afternoon."

Good Dad?, well ... That's debatable, but ... To each his own. As a father of two teenage daughters , there's no way in hell I'm sending my kids off to a foreign country with "friends" during a global pandemic just because the schools shut down for a week in my home state because of a state of emergency due to no power. I would want my kids right there with me until we got thing back to normal. My wife would would be like "are you shitting me?

He already threw his father and his wife under the bus, so I guess he had nobody left but the kids.

His return ticket was for Saturday. He bought his ticket for today's flight at 6am. Anyways, his wife is a Goldman Sachs Executive, does anyone believe she can't handle flying with the kids cause he has to work? Yes, stupid idiotic Trumphumping Texans will believe that.

chowderhead

Platinum Member
Dec 7, 1999

so is he saying Cruz is useless and should go on vacation? Maybe he can call people to check that they are alright, deliver food to people in need, shovel snow, raise money, be an actual follower of Jesus and do something for the least of his brothers and sisters. No, Cruz is a d-bag who lied about wanting to go on vacation (he booked his return flight today when the news broke out) when his entire state is suffering. Fire this craven politician who is going to abandon his state again to run for President in 2024.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
He said now on CNN, via station KTRK,
that he had second thoughts as soon as he got on the plane and decided to come home today.

He got second thoughts because he got caught by people that were taking his picture, thats all. He knew he was busted.

Politicians are only sorry when they get caught.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
He said now on CNN, via station KTRK,
that he had second thoughts as soon as he got on the plane and decided to come home today.

He got second thoughts because he got caught by people that were taking his picture, thats all. He knew he was busted.

Politicians are only sorry when they get caught.
fckn douchebag

Reactions: Pohemi and BUTCH1

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I just checked to see what Betto was up to and he is busting his ass organizing wellness checks to get information out to those in need. I wonder if the buyers remorse for Cruz has finally set in?

I liked Beto from the get go. Seems like an honest, straightforward guy who doesn't pull punches or try to pull bullshit. I hope he runs again and BURIES Cruz

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
So Cruz is home alone right now... no wife no kids no nothing... He is gonna dive straight into hookers and blow... keep a camera on him.

• Haha

outriding

Diamond Member
Feb 20, 2002
I liked Beto from the get go. Seems like an honest, straightforward guy who doesn't pull punches or try to pull bullshit. I hope he runs again and BURIES Cruz

texas does not deserve Beto. Texans did not vote for Beto they thought Cruz was better. And they will forget about this next election

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
I just checked to see what Betto was up to and he is busting his ass organizing wellness checks to get information out to those in need. I wonder if the buyers remorse for Cruz has finally set in?
Let's hope the Democratic Party in Texas is busting its ass right now. If they want some assistance, Stacey Abrams could probably give them some good advice.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Let's hope the Democratic Party in Texas is busting its ass right now. If they want some assistance, Stacey Abrams could probably give them some good advice.
Yes that video of him pulling his suitcase at the Cancun airport while his home state
freezes over would make a good campaign ad.

Cruz:
"Fuck 'em Let them eat cake and boil water with Sterno cans"

Stopsignhank

Platinum Member
Mar 1, 2014
How about this one.

1613698882369.png
Then when people call him on it he tweets and says "Ooposies"

1613698944731.png

No Dude, you say the liberal policies did not work, now you have to say the policies of Texas did not work. You don't just go say, darn that is not good. Ted Cruz can suck my left nut!

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001

Complete horseshit of course.

If they weren't old enough to fly by themselves, they aren't old enough to leave in Mexico.

He planned so stay, got called out, blamed his kids and is slinking back like it was the plan the whole time.

Rafael Cruz is a liar.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
Complete horseshit of course.

If they weren't old enough to fly by themselves, they aren't old enough to leave in Mexico.

He planned so stay, got called out, blamed his kids and is slinking back like it was the plan the whole time.

Rafael Cruz is a liar.
I know he has a wife because Trump called her ugly. I assume she could have taken them without her douchebag husband?