Tech illiterate strikes...again

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Salon: Farewell to privacy: Lindsay Graham unveils a bill that would make encryption useless.

Yea, it's a salon article, but seems like this bills is another from the Senate think tank.

The old guard really has no clue what they're doing when it comes to technology. I'm not even sure the younger generation does since it's more seamless and user friendly.

Idiots like Graham should just leave this stuff alone.

Feb 4, 2009
Doesn’t Grinder use encrypted messaging?
I would assume a gay hookup site would.

**Too mean? I was on the fence about this comment**

• Haha
Reactions: hal2kilo

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Doesn’t Grinder use encrypted messaging?
I would assume a gay hookup site would.

**Too mean? I was on the fence about this comment**

Meh, let's just assume it does, and he uses it. Do you think he comprehends the topic enough to craft a bill about it? I doubt it. Even my tech colleagues, when I'm attempting to explain how encryption works, tend to gloss over. And I am only a novice in my understanding of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: DarthKyrie
Feb 4, 2009
Meh, let's just assume it does, and he uses it. Do you think he comprehends the topic enough to craft a bill about it? I doubt it. Even my tech colleagues, when I'm attempting to explain how encryption works, tend to gloss over. And I am only a novice in my understanding of it.

Yeah, I barely understand vpn’s

Nov 17, 2019
I can't say as I understand the mechanics of it, but I'm not sure the general public needs it for everyday communications.

Financial/banking information and medical records storage, Yes. ChitChat and personal messaging, No.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
I can't say as I understand the mechanics of it, but I'm not sure the general public needs it for everyday communications.

Financial/banking information and medical records storage, Yes. ChitChat and personal messaging, No.
.. Why not? Curious where you stand on the 2nd ammendment?

• Haha
Reactions: hal2kilo

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000

Fun video.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
Salon: Farewell to privacy: Lindsay Graham unveils a bill that would make encryption useless.

Yea, it's a salon article, but seems like this bills is another from the Senate think tank.

The old guard really has no clue what they're doing when it comes to technology. I'm not even sure the younger generation does since it's more seamless and user friendly.

Idiots like Graham should just leave this stuff alone.

This is why I'm still using PGP v8. It's the last release before PGP was bought by Symantec, and the only one I trust.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

You can't "backdoor" some and not the others. And rest assured, if encryption is weakened then the "bad guys" will exploit that weakness as well