Team Website

Ladypcer

Oct 10, 2004
Is this website in use? I'm noticing news hasn't been updated since 2002?
If the team isn't using it, why not? :confused:

ProviaFan

Lifer
Mar 17, 2001
Originally posted by: Ladypcer
It seemed to me the last time I tried to get something updated on there, that it was very hard to get ahold of the person who runs the site, since he's not around very much. Another member is working on an updated site, though it still may be in "beta" status. Hopefully he'll pop in with the address in a bit, because I can't remember it. :eek:

GeoffS

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Wolfsraider put up THIS site. Welcome to the D2OL TeAm Ladypcer... we can use all the help we can get! :)

Ladypcer

Oct 10, 2004
Good site. :thumbsup:
I couldn't imagine a group this big not having a team website.

Geoff, I'm currently running F@H, but will be switching around on projects as needed. :)

BlackMountainCow

Diamond Member
May 28, 2003
amdxborg runs a new and uptodate TA site as well, based on the design of the original site you mentioned.

:beer: !! Johan, pop in here and post the link !! :beer:

Ladypcer

Oct 10, 2004
Originally posted by: MEDISIN
amdxborg site

Ladypcer if you're interested in switching around projects on an as-needed basis, then check out our new TASentinel site compliments of Wolfsraider!

We could use the help now more than ever!

First site link is not working.

Question- do you have to run all the listed Sentinal programs?
There are some I'm not sure I want to run.

MEDISIN

Sep 20, 2004
Unfortunatly the link is sometimes hit and miss - I think they were doing some work on the servers over the weekend. It is the correct link, try again later.

As members of a rally team, we vote on what projects we contribute to each month. For instance this month we are running folding@home, and starting the 22nd, we switch over to United Devices for a month. There are times when one of us might sit out a month e.g. vacation, repair/maintenance on the fleet etc.

I suppose if you just didn't like the project we were doing one month, then you wouldn't HAVE to participate...:(...but that being said, we are a teAm - we crunch together for the greater good, despite our personal preferences or objections over projects.

I personally like to stick to the "Life Sciences" projects because I believe they are the most beneficial to humanity...but when TASentinel rolls around to rallying for SETI, which it eventually will, you better believe I'll be right there crunching along side my teAm mates searching for E.T.!

GLeeM

Elite Member
Apr 2, 2004
TAS members vote on a project to work on for a month.

We get to experience and learn about different projects.

We helped MD5CRK to end, then did TSC. Now we are doing F@H until the 21st when we move to UD! :)

Ladypcer

Oct 10, 2004
Well, there are a lot of projects listed, and I'm not sure I want install all of those. So, maybe I'll help from the "outside".
If the team is running a project I already run, I'll be happy to join in with you for that run.
I'm currently running-
SoB
D2OL
TSC
F@H
Climate Prediction
Seti Boinc
DPAD
Seti Classic
Lifemapper

UD - not currently running, but I could for the team rally month.
FaD- but that would mean pulling my points from another team, and I'm not real keen on that. Been there, done that.
LHC- I run for another team (when I run it)
Predictor- if and when it ever comes back online, I could run for the team.

Of those, I have DPAD, Seti Classic and Lifemapper installed on one machine only.

Wolfsraider

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2002
Ladypcer,

There is also What is D.C.- another project site

As far as contributing to TAS,we have alternate projects (iirc) for those that don't want to run the current projeect.

we run these under our own name/team.I am runnung it under the Rebel Alliance name since I belong to that mini team.

We run each project for 1 month.then we move to another project.

we are currently running about 93 ghz (estimated using ratings for amd) so it gives each project a considerable boost.But we could use more help to really make a difference when crunching for the bigger projects.

We only ask for a machine or two from those that join.that way you can continue to "Crunch" for your favorite project(s).

Whether you choose to join TAS we are glad to have you on TeAm Anandtech.

please feel free to join TA Sentinel and join us in the chat, members only sorry, as it's intergrated into the site (best time is 7:00 to 11:00 pm pacific standard time).

also feel free to join the tas forums (there are areas that are only accesible to members)

If you need anything please don't hesitate to ask

Mike

Ladypcer

Oct 10, 2004
Ok, I'm joining. :D

I'm bringing approx. 33 gigs to the team effort.
16 towers, mostly AMD's.

I may not run every project, but I will always run one of the projects I listed.

I also joined the forum.

:)

Shortass

May 13, 2004
Wow, a nice contribution. I really with I could have that many computers, but hey, being 17 and in debt to your parents for a car is all I can handle at the moment. I do have one 2.5ghz athlon in which I'm running F@H, so it's helpful, but ehh...my parents keep on shutting off my computer and I lose info sometimes (I've lost like 30 hours of crunching due to this, resulting in a loss of like 300-500 points cause it's always on the crazy beta ones, and I get most of the way through them). Lame.

Wolfsraider

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2002

16 towers, mostly AMD's.

I may not run every project, but I will always run one of the projects I listed.

I also joined the forum.

Wow thank you

Glad to have you aboard

Mike

P.S. your permissions have been updated

Freewolf

Diamond Member
Feb 15, 2001

16 towers, mostly AMD's.

I also joined the forum.

Nice Fleet

MEDISIN

Sep 20, 2004
Yowser 33GHz!!! Ladypcer is my new best friend!

Are you running all nine of those projects right now on those 16 machines?

How many are running Folding@home?

Anyway - we are certainly glad to have you aboard.

If you need anything let us know.

-Isaac

amdxborg

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2002
Hi Ladypcer! :D

Welcome to TAS! :beer: Hope you'll have a lot of fun with us!

Oh and http://teamanandtech.sytes.net/ is up now...sorry was out of the office yesterday, and as luck would have it, power went down and the server died...But all is well now! :D

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: ProviaFan
It seemed to me the last time I tried to get something updated on there, that it was very hard to get ahold of the person who runs the site, since he's not around very much. Another member is working on an updated site, though it still may be in "beta" status. Hopefully he'll pop in with the address in a bit, because I can't remember it. :eek:
Indeed I'm too busy to work on the site anymore at this point, but that doesn't mean that it's off-limits to being updated. Shoot us an email(webmasterREMOVE@teamanandtech.com), and we'd be glad to talk about trying to get someone else access to do updates.

Redviffer

Oct 30, 2002

16 towers, mostly AMD's.

I also joined the forum.

Wow! Welcome :)

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
*grabs Ray's cane and smacks Assimilator with it* :p