Team Stupid Strikes Again - Pence Team Rejects Plexiglass at VP Debates

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Mar 11, 2004
Harris is doing Pence a favor by actually giving him a stab at establishing some sort of relevancy while under Trump's heavy handed scrutiny and micro-managed control.

Would be fun to see Harris pick him apart while he dodges, ducks and jukes around those flaming daggers she'll be throwing at him.

Don't know what got negotiated in the way of format but this is Kamala's debate to lose as Pence has to defend an admin. and it's policies that he practically has nothing to do with or even want to take credit for.

Sucks to be him, especially if he has any dreams of becoming POTUS some day.

He might not have had a role in those policies but he's owned them and defended them at every turn. Which, that's all she needs to do is point out how he's done jack shit, but simultaneously supports every heinous thing Turmp does. Hit him straight up "If Turmp takes a turn for the worse and falls gravely ill from his COVID infection, will you be able to govern, or will you constantly have to ask your mother-wife?" And then ask if we should be electing her (his wife) instead of him.

Reactions: dainthomas

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Expect a lot of responses that start with "Under President Trump's divinely inspired leadership we have done x (where x is actually what Obama did or a straight up fabrication)" from Pence. I don't expect Pence do the shit that Trump did in the Biden debate, just basically try to give all credit to Dear Leader while giving as little verifiable information as possible.
I don't know, Trump won't want him to look weak.

Feb 4, 2009
Even the moderator hit her with that twice during one interchange and she did not answer the question. Maybe avoidance is new Republicon strategy. That will definitely secure a Senate majority.

Biden should follow the same plan next debate

“Donald where are your taxes”
Blah, blah, blah
I’m smart, I’m the best
MAGA Strong bigly

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
He might not have had a role in those policies but he's owned them and defended them at every turn. Which, that's all she needs to do is point out how he's done jack shit, but simultaneously supports every heinous thing Turmp does. Hit him straight up "If Turmp takes a turn for the worse and falls gravely ill from his COVID infection, will you be able to govern, or will you constantly have to ask your mother-wife?" And then ask if we should be electing her (his wife) instead of him.
Wasn't Pence supposedly in charge of the COVID pandemic response? Well there ya go. Good starting point for Kamala.

Reactions: darkswordsman17

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
Biden should follow the same plan next debate

Blah, blah, blah
I’m smart, I’m the best
MAGA Strong bigly

As long as he stays in that hermetically sealed vehicle.

I agree. Pound it, keep pounding it, never stop pounding it. Make it so even QAnon supporters see it, but they could just as likely see the Illuminati or some Satan image given their sheer dominate lizard brain.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Wasn't Pence supposedly in charge of the COVID pandemic response? Well there ya go. Good starting point for Kamala.

I always wondered how Mother feels about him doing a five-fingered Chinese cluster fuck...

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I mean the debate prep for harris has got to be the easiest thing in the world here. So many things to poke at.
She's going to exercise restraint to some extent. She could pick him apart but doesn't want backlash concerning mercilessly tormenting him. She wants to win, that she be not hard at all.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I'm worried Kamala Harris will be too aggressive. In this case, I think team Biden/Harris being seen as the stable, measured option is the way to go. I think she could decimate Pence, but it wouldn't be the best thing. Letting him look unprepared, incapable of anything more than religious rhetoric while she provides the answers he can't would be better.

Feb 4, 2009
I'm worried Kamala Harris will be too aggressive. In this case, I think team Biden/Harris being seen as the stable, measured option is the way to go. I think she could decimate Pence, but it wouldn't be the best thing. Letting him look unprepared, incapable of anything more than religious rhetoric while she provides the answers he can't would be better.
Everyone is underestimating Pence, he is a professional accomplished Politician. This isn’t his first debate.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
That's why I say she'll have restraint in mind. She wants to win, not stir up a firestorm of controversy concerning herself. She could attack, will only do so in measured terms and occasionally. She will leave lots of arrows unused in her quiver.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
I mean the debate prep for harris has got to be the easiest thing in the world here. So many things to poke at.
He's going to make her look like the bad guy by playing the Christian victim and Jesus cards. I also expect to hear the word abortion no less than a dozen times. I won't be watching though. I can't take one more second of this 4 year reality shit show.

Reactions: Homerboy

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
No one's underestimating Pence, he doesn't get to ask the questions and he has to defend Trump, a nearly impossible job.

But he has an effective history of debates behind him. He has also years of radio time, so he is skilled at talking comfortably. Do not under estimate him. Mother has prepared him well.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
I think I see why Pence didn’t feel the plexiglass was fair:

Yixi08c.jpg