TeAm Stats Server questions....

GeoffS

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Sadly, the stats server may be coming down soon... the network it's on failed a security audit and there were a few vulnerabilities identified with the stats server that would require upgrades to Apache from 1.31 to 2.x (whatever the latest version is) and from PHP 5.00 to 5.0.x (whatever the latest version is). The Apache upgrade sounds the hardest and I don't have direct access to that server anymore (unless I arrange it since it's still in the server room of my ex-employer).

I'm thinking of configuring the Dell SC420 that I got and then swapping them out (after copying the stats databases of course!), but that will take some time... that rig is a Celeron 2.5g with 512Mb DDR2 and a 160g SATA drive. The current rig is a dual XP1800 with 768Mb PC2100 and 4x 9g 10k rpm SCSI drives in a RAID5 array. Disk access time, frankly, sucks on that box... a virus scan takes forever... I think the Dell is adequately configured for a light-user webserver... maybe more ram... I plan on a second drive in there so I can do disc-to-disc backups.

The main reason I'm using Apache is that I'm hosting multiple sites... if I put Win2K Server or SBS2003 on the Dell, does anyone know if the respective versions of IIS allow for multiple domains? (is that the right word to mean multiple sites?) Currently, there are several *.tastats.com sites there, but also www.jkavt.com, www.kamikazelatinamerica.com, and my own domain that I've done nothing with... all on one IP address. I know that Apache can handle this with ease... how about IIS?

Thanks!
Geoff

ryokum

May 5, 2004
We are running IIS on a Windows 2003 server here at work and we have it hosting 5 different domains. You just need to assing the box multiple IP address and then you can assign those IP address to the websites. It pretty simple really.