• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Question Team Group 'T-Create Expert' SATA SSD - 12-year warranty! Only $759 for 2TB.

VirtualLarry

Lifer
Aug 25, 2001

They are marketing this one towards "Creatives". Interesting. Considering that for similar money, you can get a QLC QVO 870 8TB SATA 2.5" SSD ($899), with 4x the space, but I'm not sure how performance fairs on the QVO, I've heard that it can be slow in some corner cases.

The "T-Create Expert" is TLC. I assume at that price, it has sufficient DRAM cache and SLC cache and whatnot. At that price, and with the 12-year warranty, should it be MLC? Anyways.

Edit: TBW is 10,000TB written. I believe that's 10PB? Sounds good to me, if that can do that with TLC NAND.

Billy Tallis

Aug 4, 2015
Interesting. A good comparison might be the Micron 5300 MAX 1.92TB, $633 @ CDW. That's rated for 17.5PB. I'd expect the two drives to have a similar amount of raw flash capacity. Team is probably using the Phison S12 controller here, and E12 on the PCIe counterpart—possible the DC variants for both, but probably still with SLC caching that true enterprise drives lack.

Igo69

Apr 26, 2015
Way too expensive, you can get WD Blue 4TB at ~$500. Also you probably going to replace your hard drive after 10 years of use.

Reactions: Shmee

MalVeauX

Dec 19, 2008
Glad to see higher capacity SSD finally making a small push entry. I have no use for these small capacities at the moment. But for someone doing lots of video editing of 4K or higher content, this could be a useful thing to look at. The world is all about video these days, so this follows suite supporting that.

More important to me, is that this will push the lower capacity HDD market. 4TB and 8TB drives will start to become less desirable and basically become a legacy capacity as the SSD with 1TB to 8TB fills that market and the HDD then pushes well past 16TB to have a living market to exist in. That to me is more exciting.

Very best,

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Memory and Storage 3

ASK THE COMMUNITY