Team Fortress 2 - Free Weekend

Capitalizt

Banned
Nov 28, 2004

zixxer

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2001
Great game - or it was, I stopped playing when a lot of the new game mods got kinda crazy but I think I'll load it up again tonight

HannibalX

Diamond Member
May 12, 2000
This is the third free weekend I think. I've mooched every time. Doubt I'll buy the game though.

xSauronx

Lifer
Jul 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Pale Rider
This is the third free weekend I think. I've mooched every time. Doubt I'll buy the game though.

i havent played a shooter in forever, and never did get to play tf2.

time to see how well steam/tf2 will run in wine

Capitalizt

Banned
Nov 28, 2004

Dude, it's the best multiplayer game ever made and it only costs $20.00

Get it NOW! ;)

mAdMaLuDaWg

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2003
Man, I tried it for the first time today and I don't see what the hype is all about. Went into a few games and it was a room full of people just shooting at bots. Then went into a proper game that was sort of like Domination from UT and it was mediocre at best.

Capitalizt

Banned
Nov 28, 2004
There are a bunch of crap user made maps and mods designed to "achievement farm". Stay away from those. Do yourself a favor and find a nice 20-30 man server for Dustbowl or Goldrush. Then you will see the beauty of TF2 ;)

skim milk

Diamond Member
Apr 8, 2003
I can't even count how many hours I spent playing the original TFC during my 2nd year in college.... so much fun

mAdMaLuDaWg

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2003
Originally posted by: Capitalizt
There are a bunch of crap user made maps and mods designed to "achievement farm". Stay away from those. Do yourself a favor and find a nice 20-30 man server for Dustbowl or Goldrush. Then you will see the beauty of TF2 ;)

Ok, which player class do you recommend for a n00b. I tried The Heavy and he sucked.

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Originally posted by: mAdMaLuDaWg

Ok, which player class do you recommend for a n00b. I tried The Heavy and he sucked.

The Soldier is probably the easiest to play as a beginner. Basic character with an effective rocket launcher, good health and decent speed.

dbk

Lifer
Apr 23, 2004
Originally posted by: BigJ
Originally posted by: mAdMaLuDaWg

The Soldier is probably the easiest to play as a beginner. Basic character with an effective rocket launcher, good health and decent speed.

I'd say if you're used to playing FPS then Sniper is probably the easiest. Then I would say Heavy.

Apr 17, 2005

buy it man, its 20 bucks and the amount of content they put out is unbelievable. i would pay for it and i'm a cheapass.

mAdMaLuDaWg

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2003
Originally posted by: Inspector Jihad

buy it man, its 20 bucks and the amount of content they put out is unbelievable. i would pay for it and i'm a cheapass.

The orange box is $25 at Circuit City right now... much better deal.

potato28

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
Great game, but I can't play on noob weekends because I get angry with all of the noobs.

paulney

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2003
I bought HL2 a long while ago, but my computer sucked, so the experience wasn't great. I recently upgraded it to a very decent system, and reinstalled HL2. Much to my surprise, Steam allowed me to download HL2: Lost Coast for free! Are they giving it away now as well?