Team Anandtech RC5 1st on 7-2-00

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
Well, even with Mika's down for a second day, TA continued to clobber the DPCs, and everyone else below them.:) For the day, we did 1,101K blocks, 88K more than the DPCs, and 248K more than /.:) Hopefully, Mika will get back tomorrow, and we can let the over constipated pproxy loose, which will easily wipe out everyone else.:) But, just to make sure we make it a little more painful for all the other teams, we need a bigger flush!:) Everyone get out there tomorrow and assimilate all the machines you can, because TA will be #1!:D

TGEN

Jul 3, 2000
have you noted us (DPC) getting more and more blocks/day? We are growing, while you are waiting for Mika. The DPC can't be stopped, not even by TA :). You are a good opponent, remember that before you get crushed. The 2nd place is good too in the end :) .

TGEN

TGEN

Jul 3, 2000
Train: you are futile.

DPC4ever

Hmm, sumthing' wrong with my signature.. it should day "Join the real cows, TA is grass:)"

dvch

Jun 28, 2000
TGEN you are absolutelly right-second place is a great honor. Here is hoping that the second best team makes it there. Of course TA will still be there at NUMBER 1. All the best to the DPC-great competitors and fine people.

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Well, actually while Mika is down, the pproxy is building up a large "flush".......When reset by Mika, D.net should get a large amount of digested grass :)...

Dantoo

Golden Member
Dec 15, 1999
Train

There are two "serious" teams in RC5 and the second best of them is called the Dutch Power Cows. (DPC)
They hail from tweakers.net in the Netherlands. I'm sure one or twelve of them will pop in here and help lead you to their site.:) If you do go there, remember to take a Dutch/English phrase book.:)

They're actually quite decent guys (they tell us) if you take the time to get to know them. We haven't!!:D

Here is a thread that you might find interesting:
http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.cfm?catid=39&threadid=183438

TGEN

Jul 3, 2000
dvch:

You know what I meant :).

There are 2 serious teams in RC5 : the best one being DPC.

web page: www.dutchpowercows.org :) <- that's the way to victory

BTW, we do speak English, sometimes a TA member drops in our IRC channel. We would appreciate it if you'd speak dutch in our channel, as we speak english in yours. All the best to all active RC5-crunchers,

TGEN

Russ

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Appropriate that a cow would pop in here during one of the USA's busiest barbeque weekends. I hear that Dutch beef is almost as good as Midwest Cornfed. Bwuahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

Russ, NCNE

JollyP

Jul 3, 2000
First of all congratulations on taking second place, i am even sure that you will be in first place before the end of the year. However i am certain that just before the end of the competition DPC will overtake your team. :)

Greetings and keep up the great fight!!!!

JollyP

BurntKooshie

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
too bad that, assuming we stay at say, 1 million blocks per day, and DPC gets up to 2million per day, you don't have enough days left in the year to catch up. Just food for thought ;)

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Jolly, you know the contest could end at any time. And the way things are currently going you're only falling further behind. Better get moving if you think you can catch us.

JollyP

Jul 3, 2000
BurntKooshie

I wrote before THE END OF THE COMPETITION, as far as i know that could be another 3 or 4 years, when that is not enough time to overtake you really deserve the number one spot;)

JollyP

Train

Lifer
Jun 22, 2000
www.bing.com
well in 3 or 4 years, when maybe DPC is ahead of TA, then you can come in here say your #1, but for now, the Grade A Beef of the USA Anantechers are the lead herd, so show some respect.

BurntKooshie

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
JollyP: I hope that the two teams still engage in discourse by the end of the competition,whever it may be :) Sorry for the mistake, i didn't read closely enough...:eek:

JollyP

Jul 3, 2000
BurntKooshie

I allready thought you did, so thats ok :D

Train

If you are serious(no :)) about showing no respect, i don't think you quit understand the good natured rivalry between our teams in which spirit my remark was made. I am sorry if you didn't get that but well what can i say.....

May the cows be with you;)

JollyP

Wolfie

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Well it's better then where I sit. I have lost 3 days of work. Dnet doesn't show any of them. Oh well.

Whats 2k worth of work anyways right?

Congrats team. Your all doing something better then I am. I dump and nothing happens... woooooooo

/me is ok now.

Wolf

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Wolfe,

Where are you dumping....? It's all very important, every little blade of grass...er...packet:Q