News Team AnAndTech Invites You

Skillz

Feb 14, 2014
Team AnAndTech BOINC Team is working on a fun challenge right now running Amicable Numbers on GPUs. We're currently in 2nd place.

amicable.jpg

The team could use some more GPUs for a day to help close the gap on 1st place. Doesn't have to be the newest and greatest GPUs. Anything as old as an AMD 280X GPU and a 900 Series NVIDIA card can run these tasks relatively quickly.

How can you join you ask? Oh! It's easy.

First, you need to download the BOINC Software here you don't have to get the version with VirtualBox as this project doesn't require it. (only a few do) Once you download that and get it installed, you'll need to attach yourself to a project. But first, go to the Amicable Numbers web site and create an account. No worries, it doesn't cost anything. After you have created an account you'll need to join the Team AnAndTech (TAAT for short) so your results will be credited to the team.

Now attaching the project to the BOINC client on your computer(s). With the BOINC software open you'll need to click on Tools > Add project. Amicable Numbers should be the first one on the top of the list, if not scroll down until you find it. Click next then it will ask you if you're already an existing member. Make sure to click "Yes, existing user" and enter your email address and password you used to sign up for the project.

This is the last Formula-BOINC Sprint this year. Let's take home gold for Team AnAndTech.

Skillz

Feb 14, 2014
Well guys, we got less than 1 hour to go. We managed to claim 1st during this past hours update. 19 minutes to go. Let's hold on to it.

amicable2.jpg

Justinus

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2005
Well congratulations. If I saw this thread yesterday I'd have helped out. Feel bad I didn't but we won regardless. Yeet, I think they say nowadays?

Reactions: Skillz