Teacher In Sudan Held Over Teddy Bear Named Mohammed

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
What happens if you name your son Muhammed, and he turns out rotten? How many lashes does that rate?

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
Originally posted by: Pabster
Originally posted by: Aimster
I'm naming my doll Muhammad in the U.S and nobody is going to give a rat's ass.

So much for your theory on Muslims.

Care to do it in Sudan?

I don't give a sh!t about some 9th world country.

You sure love to generalize don't you.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
Story here.

This is the kind of stuff that really blows ones mind. 40 lashes over the naming of a fucking teddy bear???

It is incredibly easy to see why "The Religion Of Peace" is anything but.

yeah, you're right... every muslim agrees with this punishment. in fact, i'm sure the entire country of sudan agrees with it. some "religion of peace," right?

yeah, i'm sure the spanish inquisition was really representative of christian beliefs, too.

you fucking idiot.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
Originally posted by: yllus
Nowhere in the Koran is it stated that use of anyone's name is blasphemous. Don't confuse regional idiocy with what the religion actually states. Islam's Prophet Muhammed actually goes to some length to state that he is not to be idolized.

Tell that to those who are perverting Islam, which seems to be a growing trend day by day.

This is disgusting.

Will do. In the meantime, do your part and stop making this out to be a problem with the religion. It's a problem with some of its so-called followers.

:thumbsup:

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
Will do. In the meantime, do your part and stop making this out to be a problem with the religion. It's a problem with some of its so-called followers.

Fair enough, but from my perspective, the "problem" encompasses hundreds of millions of people. The percentage of radical extremists (Islamofascists) is alarming, no matter whose figures you choose to believe. This isn't some isolated case, no needle in a haystack here. This kind of nonsense is becoming prevalent.

haha!!!

omg, that's too funny.

"hundreds of millions"...

wow :laugh:

oh, by the way, i dunno if you got the memo, dumbass, but "islamofascists" don't exist. it's a made-up words. islamic terrorists don't have national pride, so it can't be fascism.

yeah, go ahead, call me a troll... that still doesn't make you any less ignorant nor does it make you any less of a punchline.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: The Green Bean
It is hard to tell who are a bigger threat to Islam. Those that follow blindly or those that hate blindly.
Probably those with reason, education, and a love for others is the biggest threat to it.

The Green Bean

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2003
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Originally posted by: The Green Bean
It is hard to tell who are a bigger threat to Islam. Those that follow blindly or those that hate blindly.
Probably those with reason, education, and a love for others is the biggest threat to it.

Nope. They are far less of a threat than people like you are. In fact educated people that can think are its biggest asset.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: eits
yeah, you're right... every muslim agrees with this punishment. in fact, i'm sure the entire country of sudan agrees with it. some "religion of peace," right?

yeah, i'm sure the spanish inquisition was really representative of christian beliefs, too.

you fucking idiot.

omg lol haha