Tea Party wants Boehner Out

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

QuantumPion

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
PAID for what? Paid for shit, we are still paying for it... Have fun selling your cool aid to your kids when China takes over! Thanks Bush! Worst president in US history....

You realize of course that Obama's yearly deficit is nearly double what the entire Iraq war from 2003 has cost. And for what?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Isn't the tea party a bunch of irrational assholes who know got elected to government because they hate government? They became what they fear. Now it's your turn to fear.

Macamus Prime

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2011
They should just place a curse on him; by their resident whore turned virgin, baby eating witch craft practicing home wrecker.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Tea Party wants Boehner Out.

I'd prefer they keep it in. Same with religious fundies.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
actually I look this up myself. Bush did indeed keep the wars out of the budget and obama did indeed ad them into the budget. Obama made a big mistake trying to be honest.

So instead of Bush's deficits being around $500 billion, we'll say they were $650 billion. You only have to cut $850 billion out of the budget now - to get as big a disaster as Bush.

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
The Tea Party is hoping Boehner loses in 2012.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0311/50576.html

I have to agree here. Another empty suit politician that fails to deliver on their promises. I have to applaud the Tea Party for sticking to its guns and not getting pushed over here. We need to seriously tackle the debt issue/deficit issue. The only way to do this is by cutting the following.

Social Security
Defense
Medicare
Medicaid

Unless you have been living under a tree, those 4 items comprise ALL tax revenue received by the government in 1 year.

Social Security does not add anything to the debt/deficit. You need a different reason to be hating on the old and sick..

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
I applaud teaparty for trying but theyd have more street creed if they asked 5 billion dollar a year hedge fund managers to pay more than 60K a year secretaries. You're not getting there by cutting services alone. Now they just look like pricks.

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
The Tea Party sets its sights too small. If it does not destroy the entire GOP then it will be nothing more than the utter failure of a rabble of peasants crushed beneth the weight of its master.

'Dangerously high' deficits were $500 billion. Suddenly in 2008 we tripled the deficit. The GOP's elite wants to cut $60 billion, $100 billion? Peanuts. Pointless. They are not the solution, but a part of the problem. The GOP wants to play politics to score points, while doing NOTHING.

Bring us back the 'glory' days of Bush's 'small' $500 billion deficits and we'll talk about MAYBE how you MIGHT have done SOMETHING. $1 Trillion must be cut, to start. Then at least you're only as bad as Bush.

Bush's last deficit was way over a trillion. And he ran $500 billion deficits when the budget should have been balanced.

The facts are we spent way too much on wars without raising taxes to pay for them.
We cut taxes for no reason and then refuse to let those tax cuts expire.
We don't spend enough money on infrastructure.
Tax revenue that goes to government salaries is not "wasted". It might not be the best way to circulate money, but it all does circulate.

The only real position of the Tea Party isn't about saving the country, it's about personal greed. And hatred for those that are different, ie immigrants, people on welfare, maybe some racism.

QuantumPion

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
I applaud teaparty for trying but theyd have more street creed if they asked 5 billion dollar a year hedge fund managers to pay more than 60K a year secretaries. You're not getting there by cutting services alone. Now they just look like pricks.

Stockbrokers and investors pay low taxes because their wealth is tied up in capital. So basically, you are advocating that the investors of American businesses cash in their capital and give it to the government instead. And you think this will help the economy, lol. :rolleyes:

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
You realize of course that Obama's yearly deficit is nearly double what the entire Iraq war from 2003 has cost. And for what?

That's just wrong. The official cost of the Iraq war way understates the real cost.

And the Iraq war is still a substantial part of Obama's budget. Directly and interest on the borrowed money.

And we still wouldn't let the tax cut expire, even as a patriotic gesture of sacrifice to pay our share of the war, that's not Obama's idea, that's our fault.

And for what ? No depression with 25% unemployment for starters. Economic growth too.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

According to independent analysis, millions of jobs. Why do you ask?

On this topic in general I am unaware of any credible economist who believes that we should undertake drastic cuts to discretionary spending this year, or even any time in the short term future. In fact, economists have come out almost universally against the GOP's plan as being short sighted and irresponsible by managing to negatively impact economic growth in the short term without actually addressing long term entitlement deficit issues.

All they've done is cut funding for Democratic programs they dislike on an ideological level, they've done almost nothing to address the deficit, despite claiming that it's some huge priority. The mainstream GOP is too cynical to actually address the long term issues (despite claiming they are the #1 problem facing us today), and the tea party people are too stupid and ideologically driven to reform programs responsibly.

It all reminds me of the Daily Show's skit on 'Team Evil' or 'Team Stupid' about the kids on Fox and Friends.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Bush's last year deficit was mainly due to TARP, which was supposedly paid back.

Actually it was not mainly due to TARP, unless you consider Obama's first year deficit considerably due to TARP as well. Half was slated to be spent under Bush, and half to be spent under his successor.

The US debt increased by $1 trillion in 2008, and about $2 trillion in 2009, with about 1/2 of that difference coming from revenue decreases due to the recession along with tax cuts.

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000

You'r point? Were gonna be paying for that too. But to be a Bush apologetic and act like the guy was a saint and saved the country zillions of dollars is a bit of a shocker.

Of course you realize Obama inhabited bushes wars and had to add on the debt on top of that right? I mean to give the guy a little credit. It's all gonna have to be paid back... Tho, I'd rather see 'deficit' cash pumped into the economy then Iraq, but I'm not a pro war so...