Tea Party announces it will "question voters" at the polls!

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Why, they've already done it once, so its likely they'll try it again.

im-with-stupid.jpg

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
So you can't prove it then? Then why would we need to worry about it now, create angst about it now?

How retarded are you? How can I prove the future? I was asking amused to prove something that happened 2 years ago. Do you understand the difference?

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
Why would you ask him to prove something that happend two years ago, this thread isn't about two years ago, it's about what the Tea Party folks are saying they're planning to do in the upcoming election.

You introduced the strawman about "65 year old black women from voting and the tea party is all in the news looking like fools." so I don't understand what you're even talking about 'prove the future'. You're making up the future.

Go back and read again your and Amused exchanges, I do not know what you're trying to argue with him but somehow you think you're making some valid point: You're not.

Chuck

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Why would you ask him to prove something that happend two years ago, this thread isn't about two years ago, it's about what the Tea Party folks are saying they're planning to do in the upcoming election.

You introduced the strawman about "65 year old black women from voting and the tea party is all in the news looking like fools." so I don't understand what you're even talking about 'prove the future'. You're making up the future.

Go back and read again your and Amused exchanges, I do not know what you're trying to argue with him but somehow you think you're making some valid point: You're not.

Chuck

So you took out the part of my quote where I said "THATS FINE"?

Eh?

Amused is the one who keeps bringing up 2 black panthers and is making wild accusations about who they are and what they did. I'm asking him to back that up with fact.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
So you took out the part of my quote where I said "THATS FINE"?

Eh?

Amused is the one who keeps bringing up 2 black panthers and is making wild accusations about who they are and what they did. I'm asking him to back that up with fact.

He's right. You don't have a point.

My point was this: The black panthers stood in the doorway of a polling place with weapons. THAT is intimidation (illegal).

The tea party wants to monitor polls (legal) and conduct exit polls asking immigration status (legal).

There. I have nothing to prove here. If you don't think two racially charged activists standing in the doorway of a polling place with weapons in hand is intimidation, there is no reason to continue this conversation.

Last edited:

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Unfortunately, they've openly stated they're going to monitor whether non-citizens are voting. Since people don't walk around with their birth certificates stapled to their forehead, the ONLY assumption is that they will be writing down plate numbers of non-white people who show up to vote. That smacks of intimidation, and you know it (but obviously can't admit it to yourself).

Poll monitoring is LEGAL. This includes recording who comes and goes.

While a person's CHOICE in an election is private, the act of voting is not, nor is the PUBLIC PROPERTY outside a polling place. Anyone and everyone has a LEGAL RIGHT to monitor polls.

If you don't want someone writing down your license plate number, don't drive. License plates are PUBLIC information. (obviously)

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
Poll monitoring is LEGAL. This includes recording who comes and goes.

While a person's CHOICE in an election is private, the act of voting is not, nor is the PUBLIC PROPERTY outside a polling place. Anyone and everyone has a LEGAL RIGHT to monitor polls.

If you don't want someone writing down your license plate number, don't drive. License plates are PUBLIC information. (obviously)

And don't be a minority.

So you have no problem if a few hispanic-American citizens are intimidated from voting by these antics? After all, if they have fear of being accused of being illegal and don't want to subject themselves to that kind of treatment, then they're stupid and it's their fault for not voting.

Everyone knows what the real intent is. And anyone who pretends they don't is being disingenuous. Sure they have the right to do what they're doing, but it's an obvious slimeball intimidation tactic.

I'm glad Oregon is mail-in only, so we don't have to worry about this nonsense.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
And don't be a minority.

So you have no problem if a few hispanic-American citizens are intimidated from voting by these antics? After all, if they have fear of being accused of being illegal and don't want to subject themselves to that kind of treatment, then they're stupid and it's their fault for not voting.

Everyone knows what the real intent is. And anyone who pretends they don't is being disingenuous. Sure they have the right to do what they're doing, but it's an obvious slimeball intimidation tactic.

I'm glad Oregon is mail-in only, so we don't have to worry about this nonsense.

Um, no. There are exit pollers asking questions all the time. Poll watchers monitor polls all the time. Anyone who is intimidated by something that's always been going on at polls is either dumber than a box of rocks, or up to something they don't want witnessed.

Now, I ask you, what reasonable reason would ANY legal citizen have to be intimidated by peacefully and legal poll watchers/exit pollsters?

The obvious answer is none. You are only objecting because you seek to taint the intents of your political rivals. Were your political friends doing exit polling and poll monitoring (they do) you'd have nothing to say.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
http://www.ocvote.com/volunteer/Training Manual Nov 2010_web.pdf

Page 9 of the manual. Thats what they told us when I volunteered a couple of years ago. But it only mentions people with firearms and security/cop uniforms.

it says:

Poll monitors typically represent a candidate, party or organization. They have a right
to be in your polling place. However, they may only observe the procedures. They
may not, in any way, be involved with polling place operations, nor are they permitted
to interfere with your operation of the polling place. They also may not remain if they
interfere with or intimidate voters. Call the Registrar of Voters immediately if you believe
the presence or activity of a poll monitor may be intimidating voters.

Bingo. And this is what the tea party will be doing. MONITORING and exit polling.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
He's right. You don't have a point.

My point was this: The black panthers stood in the doorway of a polling place with weapons. THAT is intimidation (illegal).

YOU claimed they stopped white people from voting. If you cant prove that point then take it back. My entire point was that you were being disingenuous in your remarks regarding the black panthers.

I guarantee if teabaggers go out to every polling place in the country there is going to be some altercation somewhere. That was my point. Your response to my point was "OMG plack pansies tellin white womenz nots to votings" Stop being retarded. You have a choice.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
YOU claimed they stopped white people from voting. If you cant prove that point then take it back. My entire point was that you were being disingenuous in your remarks regarding the black panthers.

I guarantee if teabaggers go out to every polling place in the country there is going to be some altercation somewhere. That was my point. Your response to my point was "OMG plack pansies tellin white womenz nots to votings" Stop being retarded. You have a choice.

So... Armed blank panthers standing in the doorway of a polling place don't scare white people?

Who's being retarded?

You guarantee nothing. There are exit pollers and monitors at nearly every polling station. Adding tea partiers will mean nothing to voters.

Circlenaut

Platinum Member
Mar 22, 2001
See you in November. Patriots are ready. See you in less than a week. Taking it back, stopping Obama.

Strong. United. Motivated. NOMORE!
Strong. United. Motivated. NOBAMA!
Strong. United. Motivated. NOVEMBER!!!!!!!

Nut

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
So... Armed blank panthers standing in the doorway of a polling place don't scare white people?

Who's being retarded?

You guarantee nothing. There are exit pollers and monitors at nearly every polling station. Adding tea partiers will mean nothing to voters.

They might scare a few...but they're the same folks who get scared every time they see a black man walking down their street...

I got the impression that they were there to prevent any shenanigans at the polling place.

Also, it really doesn't look like the Teabaggers have the best of intentions with this:

http://www.onewisconsinnow.org/blog...publican-party-of-wisconsin-americans-fo.html

"A coordinated plot by the Republican Party of Wisconsin, Americans for Prosperity-Wisconsin and organizations in the so-called Tea Party movement targeting minority voters and college students in a possibly illegal "voter caging" effort for voter suppression has been uncovered in evidence we have obtained.

Based on what we have heard, the Republican Party of Wisconsin, the Americans for Prosperity-Wisconsin and leading Tea Party organizations are in collusion in an effort to suppress the ability of minorities and university students in Wisconsin to exercise their right to vote this November. We will be providing all of the evidence we have received on this wrongdoing to federal and state authorities so that they can investigate to ensure justice and democracy prevail.""

"THE PLOT
According to the statements made on the recordings, Dake lays out the plans, detailing contact between himself and Reince Preibus, the Republican Party of Wisconsin Chair and Mark Block, state director of Americans for Prosperity-Wisconsin:

• The Republican Party of Wisconsin will use its "Voter Vault" state-wide voter file to compile a list of minority and student voters in targeted Wisconsin communities.

• Americans for Prosperity will use this list to send mail to these voters indicating the voter must call and confirm their registration information, and telling them if they do not call the number provided they could be removed from the voter lists.

• The Tea Party organizations will recruit and place individuals as official poll workers in selected municipalities in order to be able to make the challenges as official poll workers.

• On Election Day, these organizations will then "make use" of any postcards that are returned as undeliverable to challenge voters at the polls, utilizing law enforcement, as well as attorneys trained and provided by the RPW, to support their challenges."

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007

Who's being retarded?

So only white people are scared of armed fake black panthers, and only white people wouldn't vote because of it?

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
They might scare a few...but they're the same folks who get scared every time they see a black man walking down their street...

I got the impression that they were there to prevent any shenanigans at the polling place.

Also, it really doesn't look like the Teabaggers have the best of intentions with this:

http://www.onewisconsinnow.org/blog...publican-party-of-wisconsin-americans-fo.html

"A coordinated plot by the Republican Party of Wisconsin, Americans for Prosperity-Wisconsin and organizations in the so-called Tea Party movement targeting minority voters and college students in a possibly illegal "voter caging" effort for voter suppression has been uncovered in evidence we have obtained.

Based on what we have heard, the Republican Party of Wisconsin, the Americans for Prosperity-Wisconsin and leading Tea Party organizations are in collusion in an effort to suppress the ability of minorities and university students in Wisconsin to exercise their right to vote this November. We will be providing all of the evidence we have received on this wrongdoing to federal and state authorities so that they can investigate to ensure justice and democracy prevail.""

"THE PLOT
According to the statements made on the recordings, Dake lays out the plans, detailing contact between himself and Reince Preibus, the Republican Party of Wisconsin Chair and Mark Block, state director of Americans for Prosperity-Wisconsin:

• The Republican Party of Wisconsin will use its "Voter Vault" state-wide voter file to compile a list of minority and student voters in targeted Wisconsin communities.

• Americans for Prosperity will use this list to send mail to these voters indicating the voter must call and confirm their registration information, and telling them if they do not call the number provided they could be removed from the voter lists.

• The Tea Party organizations will recruit and place individuals as official poll workers in selected municipalities in order to be able to make the challenges as official poll workers.

• On Election Day, these organizations will then "make use" of any postcards that are returned as undeliverable to challenge voters at the polls, utilizing law enforcement, as well as attorneys trained and provided by the RPW, to support their challenges."

If that is actually true, than parts of that would be illegal. But then, one must consider the source.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
So only white people are scared of armed fake black panthers, and only white people wouldn't vote because of it?

I've never seen nor heard of any black folks being scared of the black panthers. They are. after all, a strong anti-white org. Kinda like the black version of the KKK now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Black_Panther_Party

The Anti-Defamation League and the Southern Poverty Law Center identify the New Black Panthers as a hate group.

The NBPP is considered by the Southern Poverty Law Center to be a "black racist" hate group.

Khalid Abdul Muhammad: "there are no good crackers, and if you find one, kill him before he changes."

Last edited:

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
I've never seen nor heard of any black folks being scared of the black panthers. They are. after all, a strong anti-white org. Kinda like the black version of the KKK now.

First of all, these aren't real Black Panthers.

Second of all, the purpose of the real Black Panther Party for Self Defense was to exercise their 2nd Amendment rights to defend their communities against police brutality. They weren't a racist organization and they even condemned black nationalism as racism.

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Black_Panther_Party

The Anti-Defamation League and the Southern Poverty Law Center identify the New Black Panthers as a hate group.

The NBPP is considered by the Southern Poverty Law Center to be a "black racist" hate group.

Khalid Abdul Muhammad: "there are no good crackers, and if you find one, kill him before he changes."

They scare me and I assume they scare most people of all races.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001

Second of all, the purpose of the real Black Panther Party for Self Defense was to exercise their 2nd Amendment rights to defend their communities against police brutality. They weren't a racist organization and they even condemned black nationalism as racism.

Dude, miss the point much???

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000

WTF? Can you imagine if the tea party stood in front of a polling place with sticks to defend their communities from their government? You'd have a fit.

So an overwhelmingly black city (which I grew up in ) is going to send cops to beat up black voters? Pull the other one. Just what are two guys with sticks going to prevent police from doing if they had a mind to anyway? And you are concerned about people asking exiting questions? You don't get around much.

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
There is no right to write down license plate numbers of voters, and license plate numbers are not public records.