TDK 500 Silver Injet Printable DVD's

Status
Not open for further replies.

petey117

Jul 24, 2003
great deal, but i have never used the silver ones....since i don't have "white" ink, would any area that should be white, end up being silver? or am i one cup of coffee short of a breakthrough?

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
It gives it a sliver/whitish look, and all I can tell you is looking at it and a white one I think I will buy these from now on. Granted if your in the "back up" industry, these wouldnt be for you. Since I am not and do a lot of vhs to dvd transfers of peoples personal videos, or even slide shows, it just POPS off the dvd, makes it look "3D", and I have yet to have one person tell me it looks like crap, everyone I have used these for so far are asking where they can get these discs, and are just stoked to see the end product. I just love them. Havent even had one bad burn yet either so far out of around 30 of them. Glad I was able to afford 200 of these at the time, and I would HIGHLY recommend these for special projects.

Blain

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I usually buy silver printable Taiyo Yuden DVD-R's. But I may have to give these TDK's a shot.
The "silver" printables have more of a pearl finish than a true silver.

jTek

Jun 8, 2001
Originally posted by: browsing
How's the quality on these?

I bought some of these back in July when the OP first posted. These are FANTASTIC. These are better than just about anything else I have ever used, except the TY silver printables (and they are just about the same quality, but not quite).

These are surely better than the TY value line white, which I really liked. I was able to burn these with minimal errors in all of my burners - Benq 1655, 1670 - Pioneer, NEC, Liteon, Samsung. Heck, these even burned well in my sorry Asus burners - I was to the point of thinking these could not make a decent burn.

Blain

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
SuperMedia Store has changes prices and shipping once again. :roll:
They do that quite often. If you run across a good deal on their site, you don't have much time to think about it.

patrick_o

Jan 18, 2011
I'm just wondering what program people use to print on these DVDs. I used EPSON Print CD like I did with white printable DVDs, but the ink basically smudged itself off-- it's really weird to describe it, but basically, the ink collected into a pool instead of drying. I tried again and this time it seems to have worked, but the picture I threw on there does not look very good.

Any help or advice is appreciated.

mpheadley

Mar 6, 2009
I tried silver inkjet printable discs once and went back to white inkjet printables. Silver was a nice effect, sort of like printing on glass or something. It was kind of translucent. But like a previous poster said, it smeared a lot easier I think. And the images weren't nearly as defined, more like a ghost.

But I stress to everyone, if you want your data to last, and you want to know you're buying the best quality, buy JVC/Taiyo Yuden Pro-line. The Value Line has issues when the discs are almost filled to capacity. They may not burn be able to be noticed in a dvd player.

Status
Not open for further replies.