TCP/IP is not enabled for the connection. Can not proceed.

jrgeoffrion

Dec 31, 2005
Before I call the suicide prevention help line, I thought I would post for help here first (you guys have always been great).

I just re-installed Windows XP Pro on an "older" PC (2800Mhz Intel, 1.5Gb RAM, 2x 120Gb IDE HD) from the original Sony "restore disks". I installed my USB wireless access point and everything was swell.

Since it comes with a bunch of garbage and trials, I was cleaning in the "Add/Remove Programs" right after the install. Well, I must have screwed up something since I can no longer access the Internet via my wireless router and get the following message when I try to repair the connection:

TCP/IP is not enabled for the connection. Can not proceed.

If I look at the connection, the access point is actually connected to the router my I get 0 bytes RECEIVED (sent seems ok).

Anyone can help me? PLLLLLLLLEASE?

BZeto

Platinum Member
Apr 28, 2002
If you look at the connection properties of your network card, is TCP/IP installed and enabled?

jrgeoffrion

Dec 31, 2005
Can you tell me where to look exactly? I'm not sure of the question. I have a USB wireless adapter, 1394 connection, local area connection, and network bridge in "network connections".

jrgeoffrion

Dec 31, 2005
Got it!

I went somewhere in the SSID configuration and it was "filtering out" the HTTP protocol. I put a check mark in the box and it now works. Now, if I only remembered where that was, it would be great for next time. :)

Thanks for the help.