Tax records reveal the lucrative world of covid and anti-vaxxer misinformation

Dave_5k

Golden Member
May 23, 2017
All of this in good timing for measles outbreaks going on right now.
Vaccinate yourself and your kids you fucking dipshits.
Don't worry, the anti-vax Florida Surgeon General handpicked by DeSantis has the perfect plan for the measles epidemic in Florida that he assisted in causing ~ just let them all catch and spread measles. Surprised he hasn't just outright suggested hosting measles parties.

Florida surgeon general defies science amid measles outbreak​

https://wapo.st/49Gxfj9 (another gifted link from Washington Post)

Florida surgeon general Joeseph A. Ladapo failed to urge parents to vaccinate their children or keep unvaccinated students home from school as a precaution in a letter to parents at the Fort Lauderdale-area school this week following six confirmed measles cases.

Instead of following what he acknowledged was the “normal” recommendation that parents keep unvaccinated children home for up to 21 days — the incubation period for measles — Ladapo said the state health department “is deferring to parents or guardians to make decisions about school attendance.”

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: hal2kilo and Pohemi

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Don't worry, the anti-vax Florida Surgeon General handpicked by DeSantis has the perfect plan for the measles epidemic in Florida that he assisted in causing ~ just let them all catch and spread measles. Surprised he hasn't just outright suggested hosting measles parties.

Florida surgeon general Joeseph A. Ladapo failed to urge parents to vaccinate their children or keep unvaccinated students home from school as a precaution in a letter to parents at the Fort Lauderdale-area school this week following six confirmed measles cases.

Instead of following what he acknowledged was the “normal” recommendation that parents keep unvaccinated children home for up to 21 days — the incubation period for measles — Ladapo said the state health department “is deferring to parents or guardians to make decisions about school attendance.”
If there were any sanity in this universe, he'd but put on trial for crimes against humanity

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

He is literally the face of freedumb.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
No wonder Kennedy is running for president. He found a lucrative grift and wants to capitalize on it. Follow the money indeed…

Reactions: hal2kilo

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
After watching Joe Scott's video about accelerationism, I am leaning toward the conclusion that the antivax and anti-mask movement is part of it. The antis don't just hurt themselves; as we've seen with the pandemic they clog up hospitals resulting in deaths that would not have occurred if they weren't overburdening the system.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
I understood that aspect. What does it mean in relation to this particular topic of grifting nonprofits?

This is a discussion forum, not a spout random true statements forum.
The available evidence would indicate this is an "I hate republican's" forum. Before you ask, I have no issue with that, everyone needs a place where they can feel at home.

• Haha
Reactions: iRONic and hal2kilo

DaaQ

Golden Member
Dec 8, 2018
These parts stood out to me the most.
Bold emphasis mine.
Many of the contributors are not known because nonprofits are generally not required to publicly report their donors. But nonprofits are supposed to disclose groups to which they contribute more than $5,000. In addition to the tax forms filed by the four groups, The Post reviewed more than 330 filings by nonprofits that donated to the groups during the pandemic. Half of those gifts over $100,000 were made through a tax vehicle popular among the ultrawealthy known as “donor-advised funds,” which allow individuals to obscure their identities. The Post identified two funds dedicated to advancing biblical, libertarian or conservative values that each had given at least $1 million in total to at least three of the groups since 2020.

Pierre Kory, president and chief medical officer of Front Line Covid-19 Critical Care Alliance, said the group gained prominence — and donors — during the pandemic as the public sought “medical information free from special interests.” The money has allowed the organization to expand its influence into other areas, he said.
Which put this next quote into context for me.
Bold and underlined emphasis mine.
“There’s been a lot of support by donors to get that message out,” Jimenez said in an interview. “The level of revenue, the level of donations is a recognition that this is something that Americans are yearning for.

The twisted logic of these people is thinking that the donors are not the special interests nor the majority of what Americans "are yearning for"

Grift off the biggest teet of all. Charity & Government.

Reactions: iRONic and hal2kilo

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Nobody made as much as Pfizer.
There are huge financial rewards for saving lives in a capitalistic system because people want to live rather than die early from preventable or curable diseases.

Our system creates a need for money by the nature of its structure which, in turn, when individuals lack creative and commendable competitive talent, can lead to criminal activity driven by greed. One obvious form this can take is selling bleach to kill Covid. Another is to sell fake Pfizer vaccine.

One result of the two different ways to profit is that we have a two party system. One devoted to regulations that strive to prevent the abusive profiting from positive human instinctive behavior for selfish benefits and another party devoting itself to thriving off the financial support of criminal behavior that profits best when there is no oversight or regulations. I leave it to your imagination as to which party is which in this respect.

I am sure that as time has worn on the anti-vaccination people must be getting more creative since the market to which they appeal has in rather large numbers already gone to the graveyard. Perhaps they have hit on the notion that more fear is needed. A tremendous outbreak of measles and lots of sick children sent to school to cause a tragic spectacle of death should create sufficient new anxieties for highly profitable new phony measles cures to emerge.

Lets just hope we don't lose so many conservative family's children there's nobody left to vote their favorite abusers into office in the future.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
What I see: As progressive scientific logical thinking pervades society through the process of liberal education the culture of uneducated and likely religious scientific illiterates feel their sacred cows fading from public life. Everything they believe gives them a sense of self importance and relevance is slipping from their grasp. A part of our national life is going extinct. Ignorant opinion is being replaced by educated facts and the enemy is education. So they go after education to prevent knowledge from spreading and in order to achieve that they also have to destroy progressive education promoting government. They are in a holy war to prevent the collapse of stupid from American tradition as they see it. Good luck. America was built of science and progress, the very things that that provide the time and the income for those idiots to protest. 16hr days with a plow and a shovel or living in caves will change all that.

"Curse the day some asshole god gifted us with the knowledge of how to rub two sticks together."

Reactions: hal2kilo
Dec 10, 2005
The available evidence would indicate this is an "I hate republican's" forum. Before you ask, I have no issue with that, everyone needs a place where they can feel at home.
You could just say you had no reason to bring up the tangent. I was simply engaging in discussion to ascertain why "Pfizer made a lot of money" was relevant to the current topic.

iRONic

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2006
You could just say you had no reason to bring up the tangent. I was simply engaging in discussion to ascertain why "Pfizer made a lot of money" was relevant to the current topic.
Mr. Greenjeans thought he was getting a gotcha dig on the libs…?

IMG_1471.jpeg

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
So help a brother out, what should make me feel good about the Republican Party?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
It is senseless to hate ignorance. People are not ignorant by choice. We are all born into a very dark and ignorant world. There are probably countless reasons why people are either condemned never to have a chance had any exposure to the light or not. Without the conscious effort of enlightened people wisdom would pretty much look like one extreme of a bell curve. I have no explanation why one person grows up with progressive wisdom and another in the darkness of fear and conformity typical of conservative thinking. We know that cities are more likely to produce liberal thinking and it may be due to the fact that people there are regularly exposed to a greater variety of of people making it harder for any one individual to fall into the pattern of think of him or her self as some kind of norm thereby causing less rigidity of thinking.

I certainly do not hate you. I see in you a person of character. You stand up for what you believe is the good and while it is unexamined in my opinion, and narrowly defined, it is still a good I believe in. It is quite stupid to judge people as evil because they have not seen more than their past will permit.