Tattoo help...

Frenchie

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 22, 1999
A friend of mine is interested in getting a tattoo. This is what she wants to get: &quot;i want to get a tattoo of the japanese symbol for strenghth - it is called kiancsi.&quot; She is not positive on the spelling. I've been doing a little digging, trying to find a picture of this symbol... Can anyone find this thing????

Thanks in advance for any help!

Frenchie

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 22, 1999
That's the picture that I was looking for....thanks GF and Kranky!

Gatsby

Golden Member
Nov 6, 1999
Damn the &quot;chikara&quot; looks like a Chinese #9.

and can someone please explain this new trend towars asiatic writing?

Gatsby

DaBoneHead

Sep 1, 2000
I went thru a technical training course and there was this &quot;chick&quot; there, she was quite annoying, rather unbearably so. When the training was done, we all went out to dinner at the end of the week where after a few beers she showed us her tattoo that she was so proud of.. it was of the symbol 'pi'. She said it 'was here favorite number', to which I then responded that 'she and her favorite number had something in common... you're both irrational'. She didn't get it, but a few of the more mathematically inclined people at the table had quite a chuckle.

Just thought I would share that wonderfully uplifting story with you'all. Not an asiatic symbol, but a symbol nonetheless, and I don't know if any of them really makes any sense.

Cable

Oct 11, 1999
does anyone know where i can find a whole page filled with japanese lettering and their meanings?

prodigy

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Frenchie, cool pages, except I can't find any English meanings for the characters. :frown:

Regine

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2000

<< Nothing sexier than a rose in the right place. >>

But everybody puts roses in &quot;places&quot;. It's so common and boring. Come up with something original :)