Taser

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
thats why you do not fight the police. they are going to win (usually)

patentman

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2005
As my wife is a Federal Agent, I say if the woman was resisting arrest long enough to get tased, it was probably justified. Count how many times the Officer Yells "Get on the ground" before the woman is tased. She should have listened.

As for tranq darts, the ones that would be useful in this circumstance are too slow acting. If a fast tranq was used you would get tons of injuries resulting from people collapsing on the ground, not to mention the problems associated with allergic reactions to barbituates....

biff 24 2000

Jun 1, 2005
i like it when the video starts and it states "the police taser a women restrained on the ground" and the next scene the police are trying to restrain her but she is not cooperating. i think the use of the taser was well justified in this case. I mean when a police officer tells you to do something odds are you better do it.

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Some words of advice:

Do YOURSELF a favor and comply with the police in situations like these. Lawsuits are there in case the police abuse their power.

imported_FishTaco

Golden Member
Apr 28, 2004
When we first see the person she was on her back not her stomach. In that position she was still resisting, probably refusing to roll over and surrender and if the police tried to physically force her over on to her stomach she might have been injured. After using the tazer she was ordered to roll over on to her stomach on her own. Seems like a justified use of the tazer to avoid both injury to officers and injury to the suspect.

erikistired

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2000
eventually people are going to get it through their heads to just listen to the police. everytime i watch cops it's the same thing. police officer asks a guy to do something, he resists, starts mouthing off or squirming, four cops throw him to the ground and cuff him and THEN he complains that they didn't have to be so rough with him. had he just listened in the first place it would have been fine, but no, gotta be johnny badass.

i'm fairly certain the police have to fill out paperwork and what not everytime they taser someone, they wouldn't go through the hassle if they didn't feel it was justified.

DaShen

Lifer
Dec 1, 2000
Originally posted by: waggy
thats why you do not fight the police. they are going to win (usually)

QFT... I agree. It seems that the woman was resisting long enough to be tased. I just wish there was some other way to make the girl comply.

As for slow reacting tranq darts, that would be acceptable in a situation where the police already have the person in a situation they can control.

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Judging by the commotion and the ambient crowd noise, they should have used two tazers on her. It sounded like a situation bordering on out of control and when the mob allows itself to tip itself over the edge, the police have to do what they have to do to get things under control.

You may have the right to gather and protest in this country, but you don't have the right to create chaos and mayhem. When the nice public servant tells you to get down on the ground, it no longer matters that you think that <insert cause here> is sacred and that <insert bad guy here> is evil and that your voice is special and must be heard.

Of course, that's just my opinion based on 2 seconds of watching a low rez video on the internet and drawing rash conclusions from the appearance of the culprit/victim.

DaShen

Lifer
Dec 1, 2000
Originally posted by: Mwilding
Judging by the commotion and the ambient crowd noise, they should have used two tazers on her. It sounded like a situation bordering on out of control and when the mob allows itself to tip itself over the edge, the police have to do what they have to do to get things under control.

You may have the right to gather and protest in this country, but you don't have the right to create chaos and mayhem. When the nice public servant tells you to get down on the ground, it no longer matters that you think that <insert cause here> is sacred and that <insert bad guy here> is evil and that your voice is special and must be heard.

Of course, that's just my opinion based on 2 seconds of watching a low rez video on the internet and drawing rash conclusions from the appearance of the culprit/victim.

Agreed.

Zysoclaplem

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2003
Oh my god. They didn't shoot the woman. They didn't club her. They shocked her with a taser. Yeah, it sucks being tasered, but come on.

Jun 19, 2004
That's what she gets for protesting and speaking her mind.....seriously though, I hate protestors, what's the point, no one cares about what you have to say anyway.

The only protest that really sticks out in my mind was the million man march and even then I don't care about their cause any more because of it.

DaShen

Lifer
Dec 1, 2000
Originally posted by: MisterJackson
That's what she gets for protesting and speaking her mind.....seriously though, I hate protestors, what's the point, no one cares about what you have to say anyway.

The only protest that really sticks out in my mind was the million man march and even then I don't care about their cause any more because of it.

Some protests are good. But they are only good when organized by a Civil group (not controlled by belligerent teenagers or college kids) with a clear intent/agenda. When that happens, it rarely becomes anything but protest and a way to spread political influence.

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
That reminds me of the pictures I've seen of cops holding people down and then putting cotton swabs dipped in tear gas (Or whatever they use) in people's eyes.

This always makes me go WTF!!?!

Jun 27, 2005
Would have been nice to see the few minutes before the tazing...

That said, the woman was not being compliant.
*TAZER*
Woman is compliant.

No billy clubs or any kind of force needed. No harm done to the woman, no harm to the cops and no beating for the protesters to video tape. Win Win.

Looks proper to me.