tanning lights in regular light bulb style

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Why would you want such a thing (if it even exists)?

The whole point of a tanning bed is to provide high intensity UV evenly across your entire body.

Good luck getting that with a regular light bulb.

Viper GTS

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
actually, I have a few spots on my body that are white, where as I am a normal caucasian, similar in skin tone and complexion to that of actor/comedian Robin Williams. I have a topical solution that will help the skin repigment, but it needs exposure to sun or UV rays to work. I was hoping I could get a hand held lamp that I could shine directly on the white spots. Thats all. I'm wondering if regular florescent lights will work or not.

My only other option is to start going to a tanning salon, and putting on the topical cream where needed before I tan. Thats supposed to work, but I'd rather not do it that way.

DougK62

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2001
How about just enjoying your whiteness and saying "no" to crocodile skin?

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
There are four 15 watt fluorescent bulbs in the EuroSolar and the Sperti lamps use a single Mercury Vapor lamp. The Sperti lamps are more powerful and generate both UVA (Approx 75%) and UVB (Approx 25%)

This was taken from one of the links posted. This is basically the kind of bulb type I am looking for.

TheNinja

Lifer
Jan 22, 2003
I don't konw but in high school one of my buddies was sitting in front of a normal 100W light bulb trying to get a tan on his face and feel asleep. The next day his face was a deep red and a few days later it started peeling. I think he had weak 1st degree burns over most of his face.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
geekbabe, yes you are right.

Actually, growing up, the patches were only noticable by me or someone like a doctor. But as time when on, and I spent more time in the sun, they faded out. Luckily, they are all (all two spots) in obscure areas, not on my face or anything obvious.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
actually, I would just spend time outside, but the spots are in less than appropriate places, like my inner thigh and top of my ass cheek.

I was hoping to use a regular bulb so I could just spot the light right on the patch. My only other option is to go to a tanning bed or buy an expensive face lamp