Tanning does NOT make you more attractive.

Accipiter22

Banned
Feb 11, 2005
[rant]

Ok, why on EARTH does anyone go tanning?? It does NOT make you look better. You look orangish brown. Never in the history of sex has ANY guy said 'you know what I want tonight? A lady with blond hair...blue eyes....and skin the color of a rotting pumpkin'. Even the 'best' tanning salons aren't going to give you a natrual looking tan.
I've heard idiots say 'oooh I'm building up a base tan before I go on vacation' or some trash like that. Wrong. Tanning is damage to your skin plain & simple. You don't want to burn at the beach? Wear sunblock dumbass. Saying you're building up a base-tan is like throwing yourself through a glass window and then telling everyone you're building up base-injuries before driving without a seat-belt.

Or what's even worse, you have some polish or Irish girl that can't tan, they just turn red....and they KEEP GOING TANNING. They end up looking like under-cooked pork roasts. Blech. Yeah you're really sexy. Irish pride. Dip ******. Or heaven forbid they're actually part italian or spanish or something so they CAN tan, then they end up 7 shades darker than anyone in their entire family tree, and 3 shades darker than anyone on mine, and I'm Sicilian.

I can't stand when I'm walkin down the street...see a girl that looks vaguely hispanic walkin towards me...then I see blonde hair...and like grey eyes....and she's about 50...and when I get closer her skin looks like a cracked leather glove....And then she starts talkin to me she turns out to actually be 25. And she actually thinks she looks GOOD?!? Plus you're basically paying someone to give you cancer. No matter how you cut it, it's not healthy. Not since the cigarette companies has an industry had such good P.R. They basically have jacktards (I'm combining the words jackass and retard especially for these morons) forking over money hand over fist to make them look like they're in end stage liver-failure, ruin their skin, prematurely age them, AND give them cancer.

Now I'm sure some ladies are going to chime in with "oooh my MAN likes it..my MAN LOVES WHEN I'M TAN'. No he doesn't. He knows that if he tells your vapid leather-skinned orange-brown tanned ass that you look like the Great Pumpkin after it's been sitting on his porch for 6 weeks that he's not going to be getting ANY for a looooong ass time.

[/rant]

Accipiter22

Banned
Feb 11, 2005
Originally posted by: krunchykrome
Im a guy. I go tanning. Im not orange or brownish.

I do it because it makes you look more defined.

WRONG. You look like a moron. It does not make you look more defined. Darker colors wouldn't lead to an illusion of more definition. It leads to the conclusion that you're paying someone to give you melanoma.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: krunchykrome
Im a guy. I go tanning. Im not orange or brownish.

I do it because it makes you look more defined.
Yeah real life isn't flourscent lighting

Accipiter22

Banned
Feb 11, 2005
Originally posted by: effowe
I'd rather have a nice tan girl than a pasty white ghost.

WRONG. You'd rather have a tan girl who resembles a leather horse saddle in 5 years than a lighter skinned girl who actually looks within 3 decades of her age.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
it makes some girls hotter and some girls not as hot... depends on the girl

one thing it does for sure is makes girls happier, which is ALWAYS sexy as hell... phototherapy increases serotonin levels in the brain.

HN

Diamond Member
Jan 19, 2001
the old Chinese women here in SoCal already know this; hence the popularity of the those welding-mask face shade things.
i :laugh: evertime i see one

Accipiter22

Banned
Feb 11, 2005
Originally posted by: eits

one thing it does for sure is makes girls happier, which is ALWAYS sexy as hell... phototherapy increases serotonin levels in the brain.

it's the wrong wavelength of light if I recall, plus all evidence from studies indicate that for phototherapy to be effective you need at least a few hours under the light. That's why people with S.A.D. need to sit under those lamps for 3 or 4 hours/day.

Accipiter22

Banned
Feb 11, 2005
Originally posted by: HN
the old Chinese women here in SoCal already know this; hence the popularity of the those welding-mask face shade things.

:camera:s?

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: Accipiter22
Originally posted by: HN

:camera:s?

I think he's talking about the big boxy sunglasses that you can wear over your regular prescription glasses. Only old people use them, because they don't care what they look like.

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
Like most all things, it is best in moderation. A light tan can look good but too many white girls go too far and get a deep leathery looking tan.

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001
this reminds me of kramer falling asleep in the tanning booth. and that black guy calling him a damn fool.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
Originally posted by: Accipiter22
Originally posted by: eits

it's the wrong wavelength of light if I recall, plus all evidence from studies indicate that for phototherapy to be effective you need at least a few hours under the light. That's why people with S.A.D. need to sit under those lamps for 3 or 4 hours/day.

my bad... i meant heliotherapy.