inachu

Platinum Member
Aug 22, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r93uCUDqk1s

I like this.

The owner is right.
What I do.
How I do it is none of your business.

Happy to see he lets the dogs sleep inside now.

I do hate neighbor s dogs that bark at night. I even hate the foxes that scream at night when in heat.

I grew up in a housing area where the neighbors would climb the fences to see into other yards to watch girls topless sun bathe.

I love 10 feet tall fences. Keep your nose out of it.

Spungo

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2012
Neighbor is angry because he can no longer see into the other neighbor's yard? Tall fence guy is right. Other guy is a douchebag.

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014
Carl is a wise and beautiful woman, plain and simple.

He built it out of spite, because he got all miffy over being told to quiet his dogs.

Nonetheless, leave it up, especially if it keeps the noise out.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Looks ugly but if it meets local ordinances then so be it. Unsure why the owner thought a 6-foot fence would be insufficient for privacy.

sphenodont

Jan 8, 2010
Looks ugly but if it meets local ordinances then so be it. Unsure why the owner thought a 6-foot fence would be insufficient for privacy.

Looks like the local ordinance limits solid fences to seven feet in height.

sphenodont

Jan 8, 2010
You kind of have to be a raging moron to build a fifteen foot fence just your feelings get hurt that your neighbors complain about your dogs barking.

Nice looking dogs, though. Shouldn't be too hard to train them not to bark.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Is that a hairpiece on that guy? Anyhow, a fence like that isn't going to keep the walkers out. Enjoy the zombie apocalypse.

Smoblikat

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2011
I dont get it, a fence only stops vision and not hearing. The complaint was that the dogs were barking at night, how does a fence solve this?

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
I dont get it, a fence only stops vision and not hearing. The complaint was that the dogs were barking at night, how does a fence solve this?
It doesn't. He's a dick. He did move them inside...which he could have done before he paid for an improper fence.

Feb 6, 2007
Our neighbors had a lovely fence encircling their backyard. It blew over in a windstorm and smashed their neighbor's garage. So hopefully it doesn't get too windy there; a 15 foot fence could really do some damage.

Caravaggio

Aug 3, 2013
Nothing to do with the dogs, the noise will still come through.

The guy put the fence up because he does not want the neighbours to see the awful state of his lawn.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
What is the problem again? Is it against code or covenants to build it that tall?

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
umm yea, if any town allows a residential fence that tall i would be very surprised.

my towns code enforcement would be knocking on my door the second the first 10 foot post got put in the ground, telling me to take it down.

Last edited:

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Well, then he should just call local agency in charge of these things. I don't get why this is even news. Must literally be nothing else going on there.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
umm yea, if any town allows a residential fence that tall i would be very surprised.

my towns code enforcement would be knocking on my door the second the first 10 foot post got put in the ground, telling me to take it down.

Same here, and my HOA would come knocking if anyone put up any kind of fencing over 5 feet tall anyway.

sphenodont

Jan 8, 2010
Well, then he should just call local agency in charge of these things. I don't get why this is even news. Must literally be nothing else going on there.

It's a local interest story from a local news broadcast that got wider attention because we like to laugh at idiots.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
good fences make good neighbors.

If he wants a 10ft fence then good. Anyone pissed over it is fucking nuts.

though i do find it funny that he may have to cut it down to 7ft lol.

Feb 4, 2009
Okay so problems I see with his tall fence regarding my local zoning.

10’ is probably the apex of what you would be allowed to build without going into some commercial zoning approval

His fence is reversed supports should be inside the fence facing his home

Appear he left no room to be able to maintain his fence that is facing out to the neighbors. Basically the side facing the neighbor who already has a fence will never be maintained because there is no room without moving the neighbors fence

Reactions: pcgeek11

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Okay so problems I see with his tall fence regarding my local zoning.

10’ is probably the apex of what you would be allowed to build without going into some commercial zoning approval

His fence is reversed supports should be inside the fence facing his home

Appear he left no room to be able to maintain his fence that is facing out to the neighbors. Basically the side facing the neighbor who already has a fence will never be maintained because there is no room without moving the neighbors fence
5 year old thread.