Talking cats and gender changes in Sci Fi

thebestMAX

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
Anybody remember the author and name of the book with the talking cat whose greatest compiment to anybody or any thing was "Eat Chicken"? May have been an Asimov or Fritz Leiber but I dont think so.

Think the same person wrote a book on a mans brain being transplanted into a womens body.

Who out there would like to come back as the opposite sex and why?

thebestMAX

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
OAQM,

Could be, could be but can you remember the name? Ive read so many. Also liked the family who lived down through time. Remember that one, Lazarus family I think and in several books.

WombatWoman

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2000
thebestMAX, your second book is indeed by Heinlein. Its title is "I Will Fear No Evil." The talking cat, I dunno.

As for being able to "come back" as the opposite sex, if reincarnation were possible (which I believe is not the case,) it would be interesting to be able to experience a diversity of body-styles, variant from one's norm not only in gender, but in species. Hmm. Being a talking cat, for instance, doesn't sound half bad to me.

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
It's been a long time since I read it, but it might be Heinlein's The Cat who Walks Through Walls

He is one of my favorite authors.
must reads
Time Enough For Love
Stranger in a Strange Land
The Moon is a Harsh Mistress
short stories
The Green Hills of Earth

WombatWoman

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2000
Heinlein's "The Door into Summer" is my favourite. It contains two of the most fascinating subjects: time travel and a remarkable cat. But not a talking one.