Talibans threaten to kill girls going to school

Jun 26, 2007
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20...orthwestwomeneducation

Taliban extremists in Pakistan's troubled northwest Swat valley have banned girls from attending school, threatening to kill any female students, officials said Thursday.
The threat was delivered this week by local Taliban commander Shah Durran in an address carried on an illegally-run radio station in the area, local officials told AFP.
"You have until January 15 to stop sending your girls to schools. If you do not pay any heed to this warning, we will kill such girls," one official quoted the commander as saying.
"We also warn schools not to enrol any female students; otherwise, their buildings will be blown up."

Same thing as in Afghanistan and some say they have no rule over Pakistan territories or that they should be left alone.

We really need to rid the world of this group of people.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
The Taliban is just about as evil as it is possible for a government to get. If the Taliban are exterminated, the world and humanity would benefit.

Jun 26, 2007
Originally posted by: Kadarin
The Taliban is just about as evil as it is possible for a government to get. If the Taliban are exterminated, the world and humanity would benefit.

We do our very best to make just that happen but we need more and we will have more men on the ground, even in NW Pakistan.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
The problem you'll find on sites like this one is that many will dismiss their evil -- perhaps even deem it acceptable -- just as long as they do not have to hear about it, or see it, on the evening news. Others will ask aloud why the death of schoolchildren a thousand miles away should even concern them.

It's sickening.

Keep up the good fight bro. Put as many of those Taliban fuckers in the ground as you can! :thumbsup:

Jun 26, 2007
Originally posted by: palehorse
The problem you'll find on sites like this one is that many will dismiss their evil -- perhaps even deem it acceptable -- just as long as they do not have to hear about it, or see it, on the evening news. Others will ask aloud why the death of schoolchildren a thousand miles away should even concern them.

It's sickening.

Keep up the good fight bro. Put as many of those Taliban fuckers in the ground as you can! :thumbsup:

Don't worry, we'll do this until there are others to take over and i know that there will be coming a lot more even here in the NW. But i don't have to tell you that. ;)

I almost want to stay though, to put that fucking bullet in the head of the last one.

And thank you, two hours until go, probably should get ready.

keird

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
Originally posted by: JohnOfSheffield

It's sickening.

Don't worry, we'll do this until there are others to take over and i know that there will be coming a lot more even here in the NW. But i don't have to tell you that. ;)

I almost want to stay though, to put that fucking bullet in the head of the last one.

Knock out your Pre-Combat Checks. Then we'll read your posts tomorrow. Do awesome things.

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
Say what you want about Iraq, but it's things like this which make it really hard to argue against the campaign in Afghanistan.

Ozoned

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2004
I have read that there are as many as 400,000 taliban in Pakistan. Would the world tolerate an ethnic cleansing on this scale?

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: Ozoned
I have read that there are as many as 400,000 taliban in Pakistan. Would the world tolerate an ethnic cleansing on this scale?
Where the hell did you read that?!

As for your question, regardless of the number, I would. The story in the OP is indicative of every Taliban I have ever met. The Taliban are evil personified.

Ronstang

Lifer
Jul 8, 2000

As for your question, regardless of the number, I would. The story in the OP is indicative of every Taliban I have ever met. The Taliban are evil personified.

Thankfully all the people I know who have actually met Taliban have summarily killed them. I have a nice library of pictures of those assholes with a hole where there chest used to be.....compliments of the M2 .50 Cal.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001

Only the taliban huh? I'd argue all of Islams borders and innards are ugly. Look around the world at all the wars and civil strife going on. From Southern Thailand to the Philippines to Sudan to India to Bosnia to France. At least 90% of all wars or terror involve Islam. You have just been witness to a single one especially pious group in one region.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004

Not all ?400,000? have to die, I imagine after a smaller number the rest might decide to surrender and meet our terms. One of which would be human rights.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: keird

It's sickening.

Knock out your Pre-Combat Checks. Then we'll read your posts tomorrow. Do awesome things.

Godspeed... :thumbsup:

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Well, I can't find the link on yahoo news today, but the fact is, not only has the Taliban come back, but they now run a parallel shadow government in much of Afghanistan. And not only does the Taliban tax the locals, but they run a court system and an almost complete government as well.

Certainly by Modern Western standards, its very easy to make the case that the Taliban has no place in the Modern world, that they are barbaric louts that should be exterminated, and that the world would be a better place without them. And in many ways I agree that the latter sentence is true. However lacking a magic wand with the power to say poof they are gone, we have to ask why six plus years of Nato effort has left Afghanistan in worse shape than it was before, with the Afghan people increasing, year by year, deciding the Taliban style government is better than the one delivered by the USA and Nato?

Results wise, I agree, there is something deeply wrong with that picture, and while I am no advocate of the Taliban, I am and remain a advocate of asking the only remaining question that matters.

Namely, given the undeniable results, what is wrong with the USA and Nato when our values lose. WHICH MEANS WE DAMN WELL SHOULD BE ASKING, WHAT IS ALSO WRONG WITH US? We are not asking those questions, and until we honestly ask those questions, and then honestly correct our deficiencies, the bottom line conclusions has to be, that we will continue to lose in Afghanistan and the larger region as well.

While I do not want to demonize JOS and palehorse, they do not set or make Afghan policy, and those two have been very strong advocates on this forum of both not asking the what is wrong with us questions, but have been counterproductive and in denial of what we are up against.

Once again on this thread, they have rallied a cheering section, but that will not help much in the real world. If Obama continues in GWB's footsteps, he will get the same what wrong with that picture results.

The Green Bean

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2003
It's our territory and you have no right to decide what happens there. The taliban are our enemies too and we will deal with them ourselves. If you try and do it yourself I will consider you more barbaric than the taliban.

The Green Bean

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2003

It's sickening.

Both of you are barbaric bloodthirsty cannibals. Perhaps worse than the taliban you are figthing.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: The Green Bean
It's our territory and you have no right to decide what happens there. The taliban are our enemies too and we will deal with them ourselves.
When? This century perhaps? That would be swell...

Stop exporting terrorism.

Both of you are barbaric bloodthirsty cannibals. Perhaps worse than the taliban you are figthing.
Perhaps you missed the sweet story in the OP? It's indicative of the Taliban's standard M.O.

Then again, perhaps the wanton and intentional slaughter of innocent women and children is OK to you? Perhaps you can relate to the Taliban a little bit, eh? Perhaps you're too big of a pussy to get out there and fight them yourself? Perhaps you have a relative or two who supports them? Perhaps you're afraid that the entire rest of the world is right about Pakistan?

hmmm... which is it? all of the above?

The Green Bean

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2003
It's our territory and you have no right to decide what happens there. The taliban are our enemies too and we will deal with them ourselves.

If you stop interfering in our affairs and India stops its aggression then my the end of next year God willing.

The Green Bean

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2003

Perhaps you missed the sweet story in the OP? It's indicative of the Taliban's standard M.O.

Then again, perhaps the wanton and intentional slaughter of innocent women and children is OK to you? Perhaps you can relate to the Taliban a little bit, eh? Perhaps you're too big of a pussy to get out there and fight them yourself? Perhaps you have a relative or two who supports them? Perhaps you're afraid that the entire rest of the world is right about Pakistan?

If you really care about innocent civilians tell your Israeli friends to stop their massacre.

keird

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
If you really care about innocent civilians tell your Israeli friends to stop their massacre.

Of Hamas? Why should they stop? Hamas is a criminal organization. It doesn't involve Pakistan, does it?

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005

If you stop interfering in our affairs and India stops its aggression then my the end of next year God willing.
I do not believe you. Your efforts towards that end have thus far been absolutely pitiful.

Why should we believe that Pakistan would ever destroy the Taliban themselves? After all, Pakistan played a large role in creating and propping up the Taliban...

So, again, why should we believe you? You've done nothing to put a dent in their population for almost a decade... what would change?

I think that you're full of shit.