Taliban Not Our Enemy Says VP Biden

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
KABUL, Afghanistan – Afghan President Hamid Karzai on Saturday welcomed remarks from the Obama administration saying that Taliban insurgents were not America's enemies.
Earlier this month, Vice President Joe Biden said in an interview with Newsweek magazine that the Islamist militants did not represent a threat to U.S. interests unless they continued to shelter Al Qaeda.
Biden's comments came amid reports that the Obama administration and other governments are trying to establish a peace process with the Taliban to help end the 10-year war.

"I am very happy that the American government has announced that the Taliban are not their enemies," Karzai said in a speech to the Afghan Academy of Sciences. "We hope that this message will help the Afghans reach peace and stability."
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/1...rks-on-taliban/?test=latestnews#ixzz1i8B8nYaJ

Good, I agree with him. They WERE our enemy for some time, but with AQ being smashed into almost irrelevance and OBL dead and dumped into the cold ocean to be eaten by the fish, and democracy setup in Afghanistan, we can step back.

Provided they agree to peacefully join the political process, there is no reason not to include them in it. Representative government should allow representatation for all.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
He's not saying it for us, he's saying it for THEM. Something like that coming from a higher up official might make them realize, "hey, maybe we're not going to be completely pushed to the side. Maybe they're willing to work with us. Maybe we will be able to have some say in what happens here without having to continually throw ourselves at them to shoot a few of them, and get shot ourselves. Maybe if we're nice, they'll go away."

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
I think it can only help the situation. War only works so far, and then negotiations must be used.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Yup. You need to translate these things. People we want to kill = "they want to kill us, so we're defending ourselves." You know, like Noriega and Saddam.

People we want to make arrangements with = "they're not our enemy", like Qadafi for years before the Arab Spring - or the Taliban in early 2001 with Bush.

By the way, I saw something interesting new about Bush and the wars.

A South American President said in an intereview that Bush told him while President that 'war was a great stimulus for the economy, the American economy owed its growth to the wars' Bush had started. So Bush not only viewed war as 'the best thing a President could do to increase his power', but 'a big help to the economy'.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
So Bush not only viewed war as 'the best thing a President could do to increase his power', but 'a big help to the economy'.

He would be correct in both accounts. I cannot say if these statements were ever made, but they are both correct in what they say.

WW2 was instrumental in helping the US out of the depression, etc. War drives production, since things are made, blown up, and then made again. It is the ultimate disposable economy growth prodder.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
He would be correct in both accounts. I cannot say if these statements were ever made, but they are both correct in what they say.

WW2 was instrumental in helping the US out of the depression, etc. War drives production, since things are made, blown up, and then made again. It is the ultimate disposable economy growth prodder.
Actually, the war was not what caused the recovery. Rather, it was the fact that the american firms had a monopoly on the world market due to all the destruction everything geographically located in Japan and Germany suffered.

War takes from the productive and gives to the destructive. Taxes are higher during wartime than they are if there are no wars.

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
Actually, the war was not what caused the recovery. Rather, it was the fact that the american firms had a monopoly on the world market due to all the destruction everything geographically located in Japan and Germany suffered.

War takes from the productive and gives to the destructive. Taxes are higher during wartime than they are if there are no wars.

And yet taxes are lower then ever. But we still find ourselves in endless wars since WW2.

More neo-liberal hogwash. War benefits only the capitalist class who sit on their ass and let the workers die for their profit, same as it ever was If it were not for the military industrial complex wars and corporate exploitation and raping of the third world the US would have sunk long ago. Americans like to ignore the fact that those cheap items they work longer and longer hours for are subsides literally from the rest of the world. This is suicidal in the long run as the average worker sinks to third world wages to compete. The whole time profits skyrocket for the few.

Right-wing libertarianism is naive to say the least.

Last edited:

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
And yet taxes are lower then ever. But we still find ourselves in endless wars since WW2.

More neo-liberal hogwash. War benefits only the capitalist class who sit on their ass and let the workers die for their profit, same as it ever was If it were not for the military industrial complex wars and corporate exploitation and raping of the third world the US would have sunk long ago. Americans like to ignore the fact that those cheap items they work longer and longer hours for are subsides literally from the rest of the world. This is suicidal in the long run as the average worker sinks to third world wages to compete. The whole time profits skyrocket for the few.

Right-wing libertarianism is naive to say the least.
Taxes could be lower if the gov reduced the size of the military or better than that, abolishit.

The military contractors are also not capitalist, they're corporatist/fascist.

gevorg

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2004
Wut? Every American has been brainwashed to death that Osama=Taliban and they're all enemies. WTF Biden!

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Part of the problem in US understanding of the Afghan war and the Nato 10 year subsequent failure to make progress is the the Taliban has changed its composition and goals and Nato is stuck on stupid. The Taliban of Mullar Omer's days is gradually being taken over by old line CIA trained Mujahedin fighters who are now turning their goals from evicting Russian domination to evicting Nato domination.

As the new Taliban is greeted with open arms by the people of Afghanistan and the Pakistani tribal regions Because the government of Karzai is totally corrupt and a disaster for the Afghan people and at the same time Nato is viewed as indiscriminate killers who have no respect for human rights.

Meanwhile, Nato is the 800 lb gorilla that sleeps where it wants too, and the Talban is too weak to expel Nato as it gains ever more converts. As a result the whole region stays in anarchy and stagnates into a lose lose lose stalemate.

That is why I hope we can have a negotiated settlement, Because the nutty former ideas of Taliban are no longer as important. Things like no human rights for females, sharia law, are far less important to the old line Mujaheddin thinkers.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Yup. You need to translate these things. People we want to kill = "they want to kill us, so we're defending ourselves." You know, like Noriega and Saddam.

People we want to make arrangements with = "they're not our enemy", like Qadafi for years before the Arab Spring - or the Taliban in early 2001 with Bush.

By the way, I saw something interesting new about Bush and the wars.

A South American President said in an intereview that Bush told him while President that 'war was a great stimulus for the economy, the American economy owed its growth to the wars' Bush had started. So Bush not only viewed war as 'the best thing a President could do to increase his power', but 'a big help to the economy'.

Thats not an original thought from Bush. In other words, other presidents before him figured this out. Even your hero Krugman believes so.

Last edited:

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Wut? Every American has been brainwashed to death that Osama=Taliban and they're all enemies. WTF Biden!

No one thought that, well, maybe you did, but the rest of us knew the Taliban were harboring OBL. Now that OBL is dead and AQ is minimized to almost insignificance, there is no need to keep slaughtering the Taliban.

Jun 26, 2007
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/1...rks-on-taliban/?test=latestnews#ixzz1i8B8nYaJ

Good, I agree with him. They WERE our enemy for some time, but with AQ being smashed into almost irrelevance and OBL dead and dumped into the cold ocean to be eaten by the fish, and democracy setup in Afghanistan, we can step back.

Provided they agree to peacefully join the political process, there is no reason not to include them in it. Representative government should allow representatation for all.

The only good taliban is a dead taliban.

The day i back down from that statement isn't the day i'm dead, it's the day i'm forgotten.

These are the worst of the worst, the most extremist group of the land, they are BEYOND the Al Qauida in their extremism, just last month they attacked a girl school with acid bombs and they want the US to be held for their actions, no other group has beheaded anyone but them.

FUCK AMERICA!

I really mean that, you poor idiot pussies, just piss off now and whine more, oh PLEASE whine more when you get what it was when you first sent us in before sending any of your own...

Piss poor excuse for leaving... you are fucking pathetic.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Where does your fuck America bullshit come from JOS or your even better yet your the only good Talican is a dead Taliban. JOS your stinking thinking comes straight from the Hitler play book that the only good Jew is a dead Jew. Stinking thinking then and stinking thinking today. But we can always find anecdotal incidents to prove some Taliban member are rat finks and some Nato members are rat finks too. Jos you must really love the Karzai government that are mostly drug dealers and by extension, you must love Linde England, Charles Granger, LT. Calley, the former blackwater, military contractors, and all their sins are virtues and not vices because they know how to make money, profits, and chuckles and grins in making the USA, Nato , and GB into international A holes even less welcome than the Taliban.

Please grow a brain JOS, because a negotiated settlement is the only way to achieve better human rights and a future Afghanistan that embraces Western Values.

In case you failed to notice JOS, the solution you advocate is going over like a lead balloon. You brits pissed away your empire with equally stinking thinking, as an American, I don't want to see my country follow your British model for certain failure.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Please grow a brain JOS, because a negotiated settlement is the only way to achieve better human rights and a future Afghanistan that embraces Western Values.

Absolutely correct. There are those in the Taliban who still need to take a dirt nap, but the solution is to minimize them via political solutions and then kill those who refuse to agree and play nice. No need to continue to slaughter them all when there are those who want to play within the new system.

Jun 26, 2007
Where does your fuck America bullshit come from JOS or your even better yet your the only good Talican is a dead Taliban. JOS your stinking thinking comes straight from the Hitler play book that the only good Jew is a dead Jew. Stinking thinking then and stinking thinking today. But we can always find anecdotal incidents to prove some Taliban member are rat finks and some Nato members are rat finks too. Jos you must really love the Karzai government that are mostly drug dealers and by extension, you must love Linde England, Charles Granger, LT. Calley, the former blackwater, military contractors, and all their sins are virtues and not vices because they know how to make money, profits, and chuckles and grins in making the USA, Nato , and GB into international A holes even less welcome than the Taliban.

In case you failed to notice JOS, the solution you advocate is going over like a lead balloon. You brits pissed away your empire with equally stinking thinking, as an American, I don't want to see my country follow your British model for certain failure.

I AM, you are not. that is the problem, you have no force what so ever, no nothing to enforce, i do, i can order men to rip whatever i find appropriate apart.

Or i could, i'm actually a civilian now ... i just thought this would be a funnhy way to let you know...

Jun 26, 2007
Absolutely correct. There are those in the Taliban who still need to take a dirt nap, but the solution is to minimize them via political solutions and then kill those who refuse to agree and play nice. No need to continue to slaughter them all when there are those who want to play within the new system.

No, they all need to die, or they wouldn't be part of a group that ALL in ALL believe that girls going to school should be punished with death or acid.

There is no questioning this but i can understand why you do, you are an unreliable wise and beautiful woman.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
I haven't been here since you were here, not because i was banned but because i have been deployed.

You don't know me and i despise you, why not ask your friends, Lemon knows who i am.

I notice you have a stunted understanding gland. Let me spell it out for you.

I have already forgotten you (look at who the quote is from in my previous post), and then I explicitly said I do not know who you are...which means you need to back down from your previous statement (which is your own requirement for doing so).

Man, some people's kids...

Jun 26, 2007
I notice you have a stunted understanding gland. Let me spell it out for you.

I have already forgotten you (look at who the quote is from in my previous post), and then I explicitly said I do not know who you are...which means you need to back down from your previous statement (which is your own requirement for doing so).

Man, some people's kids...

That is very cute, are you 13 years old or are you just acting as if you were?

Just piss off you retarded piece of sheit. Are we clear on this? OK, goodbye.

You're done for the night pending a formal mod review
-ViRGE

Last edited by a moderator:

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003

You say NATO is disconnected from reality... Do you really think Afghanistan is going to embrace Western values? Aside from the fact that they've resisted outside influence for a thousand years, who's to say our values should be forced on them at all? They're fine living the way they are, and we should just leave them alone to tend their sheep herds.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
I AM, you are not. that is the problem, you have no force what so ever, no nothing to enforce, i do, i can order men to rip whatever i find appropriate apart.

Or i could, i'm actually a civilian now ... i just thought this would be a funnhy way to let you know...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wow wow I am so impressed, when you were in the military you could order your men to to indiscriminately kill kill kill, yet someone like me who never wanted that power and is only making observations of why aholes like you are a big part of the problem. Yet now you have suddenly rehabilitated your self from stinking thinking you had and still have, and expect me to kiss you because you are now a powerless civilian just like I have always been.

In short, and pardon me for observing, JOS, you had stinking thinking while you were in the military, and have not learned anything since now that you are a civilian. As you somehow think you should be revered for your military services for being part of the problem and not any part of the solution.