Tales of Monkey Island - Appropriate for a 6 year old?

CurseTheSky

Diamond Member
Oct 21, 2006
The complete pack is on sale on Steam right now for $5, and it's rated Everyone 10+. I've never played the game myself, so I've come here to get your opinions. :)

He plays and loves Plants Vs. Zombies, Toki Tori, etc. I figure it's a game he'll need help with, but it's something we can do together on rainy days. I'm not concerned about mild violence / language as long as there isn't a ton of blood spatter or really bone-chilling parts that would give him nightmares - which I fund unlikely in an E10+ game. :)

What do you guys think?

mundane

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2002
Some of the humor can be mildly suggestive, but I can't remember anything I wouldn't be comfortable with my six year old viewing (caveat - I am not a parent). As for violence, its cartoonish, and significantly milder than what I grew up watching Saturday mornings.

mmntech

Lifer
Sep 20, 2007
It always depends on the kid. FWIW, the game is rated "E 10+" by the ESRB for "alcohol reference, comic mischief, mild language, and mild suggestive themes". Mind you it's no worse than most cartoons I watched growing up.

Play through the game yourself first. It's only $5 for the complete season on Steam right now.

Matthiasa

Diamond Member
May 4, 2009
Hmmm given its rating I see no reason why it wouldn't be... But then again I was definitely playing T rated games and probably M rated games as well by that age.

NYHoustonman

Platinum Member
Dec 8, 2002
As others have said, content-wise he should be fine (and you should play em yourself, they're very well done). However, some of the puzzles are pretty difficult - moreso without the kind of knowledge you get as you grow older ;).