Taking banner out in NETZERO

VAP0R

Sep 1, 2000
Hi a friend of mine from school said he heard that in order to take out that annoying netzero ad, you have to open up net.dll with word or whatever and delete everything inside it but not the file. Ok so i did that and woohoo no more add but wait that stupid connecting box wont leave and it has that gay netzero song! AHHHHH

can someone plz help me take this thing out too. PLz :)

and if you dont want to tell me through here then email me or icqme plz plz plz

dawks

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Maybe go pay for a regular ISP? They provide a service, which costs money. The way they make money is from the ad banners. Im sure you could get unlimited for pretty damn cheap now, in the U.S. at least.

VAP0R

Sep 1, 2000
i just ordered dsl but its gonna take 2 weeks and i cant afford paying for an isp now =o

anyways plz help me out with this only gonna use it for 2 weeks and i cant play online with the banner. Plz i know some of you guys know out there.

SSP

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Another thing. The AD might be gone, but the AD frame will probably still be there. (Not sure about that.

Still, its illegal, and Bad_Dude is right. The Mods will block any illegal stuff.

VAP0R

Sep 1, 2000
Ummm not really i did a search and there was this msg of a guy using junos(something spelled like that) free isp and he asked for a way to take the banner out and they helped him out and the msg wasn't blocked.

I know some of you out there know how to take the banner out.

Apr 5, 2000
Instead of asking for how to get around Netzero's banners (which is a TOS) why don't you live with it? And btw, it isn't that hard to get around, try a search engine instead of looking like a dumb @$$.

pdo

Diamond Member
Feb 9, 2000
www.pauldophotography.com
That method you're using works on older NETZERO versions. Can't do it newer version. BTW better ask this kind of questions on a WAREZ board or something. They gonna make you feel like an @ss when ask on this board.

Bad Dude

Diamond Member
Jan 25, 2000
Even if you can successfully hack, Netzero can now find out and will disconnect you after 15 minutes.

DarkRipper

Golden Member
Jun 29, 2000
Bad_Dude, I "know" someone that is using the old Netzero hack on the newest version of their software, and never gets disconnected.

Just my experience.

DR
:)

Mutilator

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2000
Vapor if you're getting DSL call your DSL ISP and ask them if they provide free dial up as part of their DSL plan... if they do then you can dial into them even before you get your dsl modem... that's what I'm doing @ home while I wait for my dsl modem to arrive.. which btw should be here tomorrow ;)

Bad Dude

Diamond Member
Jan 25, 2000
Hey DC,
Can you email me and explain more? I don't get it.
Thanks.

Darkripper,
It does not work any more as of Nov. 20, 2000

DarkRipper

Golden Member
Jun 29, 2000
Note the date and time posted /\

Ah yes, I still know someone that is on Netzero without banner ads.....

Look ma, no hangups!!

:D
DR

DarkRipper

Golden Member
Jun 29, 2000
Hmmmm

My "friends" hack is different from the ones they have at that site.... no .dun file, no jpg hack. It's a com hack....

:)
DR

PG

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 1999
If you want to stay connected can't you just use that Netzero ad clicker thing? It's a small program you can get from cnet and clicks on the ad banner every so often so you don't get diconnected.